Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Lump

Unhappy A Lump

my dad is not so good at the moment.

he feels fine but after a biopsy on a lump in his neck he is now waiting for a cancellation overnight slot to have the lump removed.

if any of you pray or visualise/meditate please keep dad in mind.

i will update on any developments.

Seaside

Default Re: A Lump

I'm sorry to hear that, cedarblue.

I will!

Oh, poor dad! I'll send all my good energy his way.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

spo

Dear cedarblue:
    My thoughts are with you and your dad. I will say a prayer for him, too.
    All my best...
    spo

Quote cedarblue
    my dad is not so good at the moment.
    I will too!

Love and healing on its way

xx

Geoff

Best Wishes to your Dad Cedar. We 'grumpy old men' have to look out for each other!

sorry to hear that Cedar. i know what it's like to be waiting on news like that, as my boyfriend's mum has had to have a biopsy on a lump in her breast and they've been keeping her waiting for weeks

best wishes to you and your dad
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

thank you so much, all, for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

dad will be very surprised but touched to learn that folk who dont even know him are thinking of him and wishing him well.

thanks again

tails4wagging

Think and stay positive, positive thoughts winging along.

Thinking of you and your dad cedarblue.

I'm so sorry to hear this Cedar, I'll keep you and your dad in my thoughts. Sending you positive vibes....

I hope everything is taken care of quickly and easily! I'm hoping for a fast recovery!

Zool

I wish you guys a smooth happy conclusion to the situation. Keep high hopes.

thanks again all - a prayer chain has gone round our church too so all in all, lots of good stuff winging dads way!

i'll certainly bring your dad into my meditations, and send him loving kindness and healing.
    Eve

just a quick update:

dad is going overnight into hospital next tuesday night/wed morning for surgery. they are going to remove as much of the lump as possible and then investigate it further then give him a deep whole body scan.

his is not at all worried or concerned just pleased that the surgery is happening before his holiday in 3 weeks - he loves his sunshine

his philosophy is he has had a wonderful life and done just about everything he ever wanted to do, so should the prognosis not be good, he has no regrets.

anyway we'll jump that hurdle IF we get to it

he was touched to hear lots of folk here are thinking of him - thanks again all

Thanks for keeping us posted Cedar, I hope everything goes well for your Dad on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Again, I'll keep you and your dad in my thoughts (as I'm sure alot of people here will also do).

Sounds like he has a very positive attitude, which can only help the situation.

off to mums today for dads op tomorrow - keep good vibes coming please

thanks all

'see' you in a couple of days

Seaside

I wish you all well, cedarblue!

Sorry Cedar I have only just read this post I hope all goes very well if it is any help I know exactly how you feel, very similar is happening with my family at the moment...hard times but strength always comes from some place.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

update on dad;

after a very disturbed night (old guy in bed next to dad was coughing ALL night) dad's surgery went ok.

they removed a lot of the lump and are going to investigate it further, also he has a neck/throat scan booked in for next thursday.

it looks as if he does need further surgery for whatever in about 3 weeks time, for what exactly, will find out at the scan and biopsy meet next week.

dad is just giving the worst case scenario which, although may be sensible, is not actually confirmed as yet, and that doesnt help!! in know its just because he wants to share his fears but its making us all a bit wobbly

he had to show the nurse he could eat and drink before leaving hosp and couldnt eat the sandwich he gave them so stuffed it in his bag and when they gave him orange juice to drink (sensible to a throat-op patient??) he said it was like swallowing razor blades.

yesterday he was trying to eat yoghurt, banana and stuff during the day, then we get a phone call from mum to say dad had managed to eat an apple and cream crackers!!!!! what is he trying to do, open up his wound. silly old sod- i will tell him so later. typical dad, no patience, got to be better yesterday and acting normal again, cant give himself time to recover.

this morning mum left message to say she is in and out during the day and dads throat is hurting today (not surprised after eating crackers) so not to ring during the day but to ring later and she will fill me in then. what does tht mean?? i hate cryptic messages left like that when you have all day to stew on the thoughts!!!!

outburst over, stress relieved.

thanks for listening and for love and wishes all sent.
    please continue to think of him/us.

spo

Hi, Cedarblue:
    I am pulling for you and your dad, and the rest of your family, too. I hope the biopsy and scan bring back good news.

I agree with you that your dad should not be eating crackers and apples. I also find it odd that the hospital would have given him a sandwich and orange juice.

Here in the States, he would have been given Jello and clear apple juice to demonstrate his ability to swallow.
    Please try to encourage him to eat soft foods, in small amounts, and to not drink fizzy sodas and acidic juices. Stay off coffee for a few days and drink "not-too-hot" tea.

Best to you and your dad
    spo

Hey Cedar, thanks for keeping us updated. We're all rooting for you and your Dad. Pleased to hear the surgery went OK It still sounds like your Dad is in good spirits, determination is a good healer.

Thinking of you both. xx

tails4wagging

Tell him to have soup. Its nutricious and can swallow it without causing pain. Icecream is another one (soya of course) which will act as a anaesthetic to a sore throat.

Quote tails4wagging
    Tell him to have soup. Its nutricious and can swallow it without causing pain. Icecream is another one (soya of course) which will act as a anaesthetic to a sore throat.

good idea tails, in fact he had soup for dinner last night with some bread soaked down in it. he had mashed banana & yog for lunch.

update on dad

some very positive news: the lump is cancerous but the better news is that the scan showed that it is not in any other part of his body and not in the thyroid or tonsills either - it is just 'a lump'. he had a neck/throat scan yesterday to find out exactly how big the lump may be.

he has an appointment for fri 20th may to go back to hospital for treatment, either just surgery to remove the whole of the lump or to have some radiotherapy or chemo to reduce and kill lump. i am kind of hoping that the surgery will get rid of it as radio and chemo is so invasive and affects the whole body.

anyway dad (and all of us) are feeling much more positive now we have some accurate information and dad is feeling that he is back in control of his life again - and he can now start his running again, albeit taking it easy.

thank you all so much for your good wishes, prayers and meditations - if you have time please continue to root for dad for the 20th may.

I'm glad things aren't really, really bad. Sending your dad positive vibes .

tails4wagging

I would have chemoand radiotherapy first if it was me in case the surgery spreads it. Worth asking about that first??.

Glad it has not spread. Keep positive.

Your dad is in my thoughts. I'll curl up later and send more positive vibes his way.
    By chance have you heard of the study that took two groups in Europe(?) and one in the US. They had the one group in the US pray/think about/send loving feelings to the people in one of the Europe groups while the other Europe group didn't get any good Karma (the two Europe groups where unaware that people were/weren't thinking of them). At the end of the study the Europe group getting the positive thoughts acually noted an increase in mood, happiness, health...ect. I wish I could find that study again but it was pretty cool. Goes to show good thoughts acually help. Never underestimate the power of positive thought.

Many blessings to you.
    "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"
    Irina Dunn :D
    "We are not human-beings, we are human-becomings"
    Roger Ames :D

Quote tails4wagging
    I would have chemoand radiotherapy first if it was me in case the surgery spreads it. Worth asking about that first??.

Glad it has not spread. Keep positive.

never thought surgery would do that! thnks for that info tails.
    chemo just sounds so aggressive....

tails4wagging

If the growth is encapsulated, it may not have spread to the lymph system. So zapping it by chemo, and radiotherapy it may not enter the lymph system.

Check out the Lymph system in physiology books and you will see what I mean.

Of course not knowing your dads history, you must be guided by the medics.

I'm a bit late in adding to this thread but best wishes to your dad, cedarblue. I'll keep thinking positive thoughts for him.
    A bit rattled

just to fill you folks in, dad went to the hospital today and as the lump is too big to be able to zapp with radiotherapy, he will have surgery first to take out as much lump as possible then a course of radiotherapy to hopefully get rid of the rest.

he should go in in the next 2/3weeks.

thanks again all for your love, wishes and healing thoughts.

Hugs best wishes, thoughts and love are with you all take care.

Jays
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Best wishes to you and your Dad, Cedar.

All the best to your dad (and the rest of your family)!

California! (Here I come, right back where I started from...)

Hey, cedarblue. Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers for you and your dad.

Seaside

Thanks for the updates, cedarblue. I hope the treatment succeeds!

tails4wagging

Good Luck, Love!

Hi cedarblue - I am also thinking healing positive thoughts and prayers for you, your dad and family. Take care and hugs.

dad has had a 3-d scan today to plan for his surgery next wednesday.
    it will be fairly major as they need to cut muscle and tie off an artery during the op, the muscle cut may lead to a 'sly stallone' mouth droop afterwards.
    the op will last 3-4hrs and if all goes well he hopes to be out sat/sun.

infection will be the most important issue post-op, with a short period of isolation needed. then he will be talking about the radiotherapy treatment at some point, depending on the surgery outcome.

thank you all again for your thoughts and good wishes.....keep them coming

tails4wagging

Tell him to take in Tea-tree oil as soap and wipes. Surround himself with tea-tree oil and insist the staff use the gel and wash their hands before they touch him!!!!.
    Tea-tree oil is a great anti-bacterial against the dreaded MRSA.

All the best to your Dad, Cedar. Tails idea of the tea tree oil is great!

I will be praying for your dad and the whole family.

Good luck thoughts are with you all!

Good luck to your dad from me. And Tea Tree Oil is great stuff, we Ozzies know.
    A bit rattled

tails4wagging

Yes, cal, when I went into hosp, last year I nearly drowned in the stuff before and when I went in. The whole ward must have reeked with it!!!.

Quote Cal
    I'm a bit late in adding to this thread but best wishes to your dad, cedarblue. I'll keep thinking positive thoughts for him.
    Me too - I only read this thread now. Sorry cedar. I hpe it all works out

hope it all goes well, thinking of you all