Thread: Newbie vegan and tiredness...

Default Newbie vegan and tiredness...

Hey gang.

Just a quicky. I finally took the plunge and went from strict vegetarian to vegan last Friday and so far so good (it's only been a week like but you know). So far I've noticed that I'm dropping the kids off at the pool a lot more than what I did as a veggie and even getting stomache pains on occassions and over the last few days I'm getting tired really easily (a lot more than normal). Is this something that I have to ride out or is there anything I should be eating more of? I've started taking multi-vitamins and minerals today and I have some brewers yeast poweder that I'm going to add to food for B12 but is there anything else I should be considering?

Thankyou.

Default Re: Newbie Vegan and tiredness...

It sounds like you might have stomach bug or may be allergic to something - sudden increase in toilet use and tiredness over that space of time does not sound normal to me!

How drastic are the changes you've made to your diet? Are you eating anything now that you weren't before?

All I seem to have done is cut our dairy and eggs. When I was a veggie I would eat eggs and cheese on occassions but not everyday and would always drink soya in the house and given the choice over veggie or vegan food whilst shopping I would always go for vegan. I was about 80% of the way there already I just decided to make the final plunge and commit to veganism 100% and it just seems over the last week I've just had to cut some things out that I would normally eat like margerine out of the house (I've always used pure in the house too) and have to read labels a lot more.

Just seems odd thats all.

Are you making sure you're getting a balanced diet, with enough fresh fruit and veg, and enough protein?

It does seem odd, you're right. Personally I think it's unlikely you would see a detrimental effect from what sounds like a relatively small dietary change that quickly, which is what made me wonder if it could be an illness that was coincidental to the change, but I'm no doctor.

I hope you feel better soon!

This is a bit surreal - I've just posted on a tiredness thread - are there two going on? Might be worth checking it out as there were tonnes of useful posts on there (before mine!)

Well my friend is a nurse and knows a nutritionist so I'm going to keep a food diary for a week or so and if I still feel like crap after a month I'm going to hand the food diary over for an inspection.

Quote GreenSpecs View Post
    This is a bit surreal - I've just posted on a tiredness thread - are there two going on? Might be worth checking it out as there were tonnes of useful posts on there (before mine!)
    Will do. Thankyou!