Thread: Hello BC vegans!

Melina

Smile Hello BC vegans!

Hello everybody, I'm new here, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melina, I'm 31, originally from Quebec, Canada. I've been living in The Netherlands for 3 years and I'm planning to move to Dawson Creek, British Columbia, with my husband and daughter, in approx. 4 months. I've been a vegetarian for 13 years and gave up the eggs and dairy only 2 weeks ago. I'm also making an effort from now on to buy only cosmetics which are not tested on animals and contain no animal ingredients. I am wondering if there are other vegans in BC. I am genuine and real, open and honest, and I enjoy meeting like-minded people. I am a non-smoker as well and have been a sober member of AA for 8 years. Feel free to drop me a line. I look forward to reading your posts and getting involved in the discussions here.

Mozbee

Default Re: Hello BC vegans!

Good luck getting in touch with people in your area, Melina.
    You could always chat globally too!
    Hope all goes well with your veganism.

Mozbee over in the UK

Hi Melina!

I know we've talked a few times, just wanted to say hello and see if you have moved yet? (BTW I am on Vancouver Island, approx a 6-8 hour drive/boat ride from Dawson Creek)

How are you liking the transition to veganism? I'm having a hard time with some stuff, and have had a slip up or 2, but other than that I love it and it's been about 8-9 weeks now I eat soo many fruits and veggies....I never used to hehe.

Hope things are going well
    But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy.
    Plutarch (in Moralia)

Mozbee

Oh you two over in the UK as long as you don't want to eat out much, (if you do live in Brighton I guess) and you're not too choosey about shoes then veganism in the UK is easy! You'll have to ask yer President to invade!!!

I'll be in B.C. next week. Is anyone going to be at the Canadian Health Food Association Expo in Vancouver?

http://www.chfa.ca/

I'll be there.
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous