Thread: I think I've heard it all now...

Thumbs down I think I've heard it all now...

on this anti-veggie site (link if you want to read some crap http://www.secondopinions.co.uk/vegetarian.html )
    "Vegetarianism and militancy

These days, it seems that there are more and more reasons to protest against the way our society is being run. There are voices of disseat everywhere. (It is the reason for this website!) but there is a much more worrying trend – violent protest.

Have you noticed the increasing numbers of occasions when small groups of very militant people demonstrate against all sorts of things: animal experiments, butchers' shops, new roads, footpaths, nuclear power stations, civil rights, homosexuals' rights or anybody else's rights. The odds are that the majority are vegetarians.

As we know, when it needs food, our body indicates this to us with the feeling of hunger. But there are also other signals if specific nutrients are deficient. Meat is the best source of several nutrients. When our bodies are deficient in these, we become irritable and aggressive. This is a perfectly natural signal built into our genetic make-up over our evolution: our bodies are telling us to go out and kill something to eat. This is why strict vegetarians tend to be so vociferous. It is a trait that was recognised long ago; it was, after all, the vegetarian Cain who killed the carnivorous Abel, not the other way round. The vegan Kikuyu tribe in Kenya were the perpetrators of the murderous Mau Mau in the 1950s, not their wholly carnivorous, but peaceful, neighbours, the Maasai.

The butcher's shop in my village has had its windows smashed so often that it is now boarded up when it is closed. Have you ever heard of a meat eater bombing a greengrocer's shop? "

No, possibly 'cos omnivores eat veg too?

And maybe we're irritable and aggressive over seeing cruelty and injustice that provoked us to go veggie in the first place(our brains still powered by meat on that decision)?!?!?
    It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.

Default Re: I think I've heard it all now...

hey dove,
    I just tried the link and it didn't work.
    "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"
    Irina Dunn :D
    "We are not human-beings, we are human-becomings"
    Roger Ames :D

It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.

Seaside

Posted by DoveInGreyClothing:
    our bodies are telling us to go out and kill something to eat. This is why strict vegetarians tend to be so vociferous. It is a trait that was recognised long ago; it was, after all, the vegetarian Cain who killed the carnivorous Abel, not the other way round.
    I'm not making light of the effect this may have on the average reader, but I laughed when I read it! The idea of loud-mouthed vegans wanting to kill something because they are meat-deficient just tickled my funnybone!

I would hate to break this to those folks, but actually, very, very few of us actually go out to kill something to eat. Most people are like infants: waiting for the supermarket to 'catch' their food.

I laughed SO hard. If anyone actually came up to me and said that, I don't think I could keep a straight face. Why would someone who eats meat have something against a green market, and who would someone who's FOR nuclear power attack??? I mean, could you imagine some random guy who eats meat bobming Whole Foods because they sell foods that cater to vegetarians and don't sell AS MUCH conventional meat as the other places??

I know ever since I gave up meat, I'm horrible to everyone. Yep, I go out and kill animals and chop people's heads off. I'm SO violent, let me tell you. I'm so violent I won't step on and earthworm. Yep, it's gotta be the "lack" of meat.

I love how "Meat is the best source of several nutrients" is so delightfully vague!! What a good arguement. NOW I know to give up this whole veggie thing. I mean, all the thought I put into this, but THAT told me the RIGHT thing to do. I'm off to McDonalds!

Seaside

Posted by snivelingchild:
    I'm off to McDonalds!
    Quick, before you kill someone!!!!!!

Hmmmm.... "...violent protest....most are vegetarian..."

So most of the people who work in slaugher houses are vegetarian?? I reckon, that be their violent protest against those ding-dang greengrocers' shops. Shame on 'em, darn greengrocers! Chop'n up those poor widdle veggies like that! I'm glad those vegetarians are stick'n up fer those carrots!

Y'all excuse me now - I'm gonna go eat my dog and pet my apples.

spo

Quote Hasha
    I would hate to break this to those folks, but actually, very, very few of us actually go out to kill something to eat. Most people are like infants: waiting for the supermarket to 'catch' their food.
    Right you are, Hasha
    Thanks
    spo

tails4wagging

Obviously, meat has 'mashed' the authors brain!!!!. with all that crap coming out of it!!! .

Perhaps he/she has BSE???.

That article is like saying that not smoking makes people controlling nazis because there are anti-smoking groups that "take away smokers' rights" (as some people say). I mean, it makes since because I've never heard of a smoker that bombed a place for not selling cigarettes, right?

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA........*whew*.....HAHHAHAHAHHAH AHHAHHA!
    I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I can't believe someone acually wrote this paper. wow....

unbelievable

the "violent protestors" the writer refers to, perhaps is the organization PETA.

I told my friends about the authors views on the "violent veggie" and its become a great inside joke between us. Now whenever I get wound up about something or attempt to playfully wrestle they say its because I'm venting my "vegan anger". Well...I promise its a lot more funny then I'm making it sound. Take my word or I'll vent my vegan hostilities on you!!

read the whole thing

that man might be dangerous if people believe him!

What an unbelievable idiot!

Lets all go raw carnivore!
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

yes, ha ha to us, but many people are going to swallow this crap, as well as the rubbish in this article.
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Pilaf

Quote l337_v3g4n_1
    read the whole thing

that man might be dangerous if people believe him!

What an unbelievable idiot!
    You're right. He is an idiot, but people will invariably follow the words of an idiot. Why? Simple. Idiots tell people what they want to hear, never what they need to hear. Idiots will alway single out and pick on the people who behave differently from the socially accepted "norm". Why? Idiots are weak. Idiots are scared to evolve spiritually in any way, and strive desperately for the attentions and friendships of other idiots. This is why the world is full of idiots - the idiot is a social creature.

However, the truely wise always stand up for what they know to be the right thing, regardless of what others think. Vegans are wise. We always place out firm beliefs and convictions well above social acceptance and the friendships of idiots. So let them have their little fun, mocking us as if we are circus freaks. Their self destructive behavior will eventually make them suffer, whereas our more enlightened path can only lead to inner peace and salvation.

to think he is trying to mak people believe that humans are natural carnivores...
    LOL

it's so stupid, I'd like (well, not like, but you get the drift) to see him try to live off raw animal and survive... HA!
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

Pilaf

It would make me very happy if the man ate some raw meat, every single day. In fact, if everyone who eats animal products suddenly started eating them raw, within weeks the world would be a better place. I'll let you interpret that as you choose.

apparently our teeth are 'designed to eat meat'. that's according to the wise man in the living room. hmm, smells like ignorance.
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Pilaf

Ridiculous. Compared to the teeth of a carnivore, our teeth are flat and inefficient for eating meat. Compared to the teeth of a deer or other herbivore, they're very similar.

Not all humans even have "spiky" conines, my mums teeth are perfectly flat.