Thread: nausea

Default nausea

So, yesterday FudRuckers came to my work and I had a free ticket to get a meal, so I thought I would go and see what veggies they had at least. I got some beans, chips, and tomato slices. I took a bite of beans and suddenly though "that tastes like meat!" It was very confusing because I didn't see any meat chunks anywhere, just beans and sauce. I thought that since meat is typically flavoured with vegetable spices (steak sauce) that it might just be that. Then my co-worker said "The beans have bacon in them".
    I left them alone and ate my chips and tomatoes, but a couple hours later I started getting pretty nauseated, and that has persisted into this morning. I was just wondering if this was because of the bacon itself, or my emotional reaction. I've had some other stuff going on as well that makes me think it might be emotional because when my thoughts become negative I feel the nausea really bad, though not strong enough to puke. Lycorice tea didn't even help me yesterday, but instead I felt much worse and couldn't even finish a small glass of it.

So, I was just curious especially about the mind/body relationship to the physical feeling of nausea and the emotional wreckage that seems to come with it. Does anyone know what I mean by that?

spo

Default Re: nausea

Quote Kim[ba
    ]So, I was just curious especially about the mind/body relationship to the physical feeling of nausea and the emotional wreckage that seems to come with it. Does anyone know what I mean by that?
    Hi, Kim
    I think it has to be emotional. You said you just had a very small taste of the beans so it probably is not really a physical problem.

While I'm on the subject: Don't you just Hate FudRuckers?? There was one located near my parents home in New Jersey, and I went in once and almost everything had meat in it!! Thankfully, I didn't stay there.

Also, don't think this reaction of yours was odd. The same thing would have happened to me if I had tasted the beans there.
    spo

emotional upset or trauma can affect the digestive system and stomach areas. it can cause nausea, heartburn, lack of appetite to comfort eating.

have you tried fennel tea? its excellent for stomach upsets, indigestion - so too is peppermint tea, although i guess licorice tea will have similar properties to fennel.

Quote Kim[ba]
    I've had some other stuff going on as well that makes me think it might be emotional because when my thoughts become negative I feel the nausea really bad, -
    So, I was just curious especially about the mind/body relationship to the physical feeling of nausea and the emotional wreckage that seems to come with it. Does anyone know what I mean by that?
    Nausea is a very common symptom of stress/ anxiety disorders or depression. It strikes me that this would be the main cause of your problem , especially since you mention "other stuff" and the bacon incident just brought things to a head.
    If this is a recurring problem for you, if you feel negative and nauseated a lot, maybe you should try speaking to a doctor or counsellor? Be wary of being fobbed off with antidepressants however (I've been treated with drugs for depression, and after coming off them 1st time I had to get back on them 'cos I couldn't handle the nausea withdrawal thing. I'm back off them now and really wish I'd never started taking them, I'm just telling you this so you don't touch them yourself, or use antidepressants only as a last resort. I really wouldn't wish my experience on anyone.)
    I hope you feel better soon. Please pm me or add to msn if you'd like someone to talk to.
    It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.