Thread: massachusetts vegans and omni bf?

Unhappy massachusetts vegans and omni bf?

hey everyone! I'm a little bit new to this whole vegan thing! I have been vegetarian for almost 2 years now and just recently converted to vegan. I have been vegan since June 11th, my first full vegan day! I don't have any vegetarian or vegan friends. My boyfriend and my whole family is omni. I don't have much of a support system at all. I wish I could make the people around me see what I see. I would like everyone else to stop eating meat. I wish they cared how much animals suffer. Its just so wrong. I feel so alone. I wanted to know if there are any vegans on this forum that live in Massachusetts. I hate to see my boyfriend eat meat. I get sad and upset and I get sick to my stomach and start crying. This doesnt happen when I see anyone else eat meat. Only him. I won't kiss him after he eats meat. If anyone has any advice for how I could use my compassion for animals to help my boyfriend convert I would appreciate it. He does care about animals and I know he hates to see me get upset. He said he would go vegan when we get married because it would be easier because I could cook him meals. He still lives with his parents who are meat eaters and it would be easier to go vegan if he was living with one. Please help me everyone! thanks!

Sorry, I'm actually from Minnesota, not Masachusettes. I'm new to Vaganism too, and I just wanted to say that I can see where you are coming from. I hate to see my boyfriend eat meat, and he eats ALOT He rarely eats fruit or vegetables... it seems like everything he eats has meat, eggs, or dairy in it. And i HATE kissing him after he's been eating meat. It's such a turn off. I love him to death, but.... it's just gross. Anyways, sorry I couldn't be much help, lol. Just thought I'd let you know there are other people who feel the same. Stay strong

-Pembroke

trudatman

Hi. I live in North (B)Attleborough, Taxachusetts (near Rhode Island). What town/city do you live in? I think it is a good sign that he is willing to convert for you. Get married and see if he holds his promise true! Holler any time.

Not currently a vegan

Default Re: massachusetts vegans and omni bf?

I know how you feel I've been vegetarian currently for 14 years im 20 now and I never really had a problem with people eating meat I saw it as respect thier choice but over last 2 years I got involved with animal rights and now seeing people eat meat really upsets me my new boyfriend weve been together a year now and eating meat topic always turns into arguments. Your lucky at least your boyfriend willing to go vegan for you where mine puts his foot down on always eating meat not even a consideration of going vegetarian. I'm lucky because I was the first vegetarian in my family and in my early teens my mum went vegetarian as we had conversation all the time on the suffer if animal and health benefits so I had her support then on and now my meat loving step dad went vegetarian 3 months ago after we got chicken and he just opened his eyes to animals suffering and went vegetarian. Try talking to your boyfriend about telling his family to cook vegetarian food as becoming vegan straight away will be hard If he isn't use to that type of food alternatives. Explain to him if he's serious and means what he say he will make small changes to help him ease into. Ask him to discuss with his family even if he goes vegetarian till you get married then at least the transition won't be so hard as he might struggle if not. My mum eats alot of vegan food and belives going vegetarian as helped her to try vegan food. You could give him leaflets on vegan recipe's for his family to cook. If you go on peta.org you can order a free vegan guide book which is packed full of information on vegan foods, places to eat out, where to buy and alternatives which can help and who knows his parents might get involved too and try some vegan food which might help open there eyes.