Thread: KFC

Exclamation the monthly kfc protests in bristol

first saturday of every month peeps, hope to see some of you there
    just handing out leaflets
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

...guess not then, poor chickens
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Default KFC Demo in Birmingham!

Hi guys! I’ve been sent this e-mail by PeTA about a demo in Birmingham against KFC. This may or may not be your thing but please pass it on to anyone you think that might be interested! I in fact have never done anything like this before but I think that I will give it a go! If you live in Birmingham please let me know if you are interested and we could meet up just before it Kicks off.

Dear fellow activist,

Please join us for a demonstration against KFC in Birmingham on Friday 4 February!

As I am sure you are aware, PETA is asking KFC to eliminate the worst abuses that chickens suffer on the factory farms and in the slaughterhouses of its suppliers, including live scalding, life-long crippling and painful debeaking. The more than 750 million chickens killed each year for KFC are tortured in ways that would result in felony cruelty-to-animals charges if cats or dogs were the victims, but KFC still refuses to make changes. As the leader in the chicken industry, KFC has a responsibility to ensure that the chickens raised for its buckets are protected from the worst cruelties.
    KFC demonstrations are continuing around the world; from Sydney to New York to Paris, and more excitingly, we are now coming to KFC Birmingham!

Where: KFC Bull St (Off Corporation St)
    When: Friday 4 February 2005
    Time: 11:30am-1pm

Theme: Giant ‘chicken’ being chased and slaughtered by a ‘butcher’
    We urgently need activist’s to help hand out leaflets, hold posters and three special people to dress up as the butcher, chicken and to wear a body screen TV so we can educate the public about these atrocious cruelties. If you are willing to dress up for us, please let me know asap! We’ll have all the posters, leaflets, and costumes so all you need to bring is yourself!

We have an exciting day planned in Birmingham, after the demonstration we will be heading into the city centre where PETA’s Sean Gifford will be debating the local butcher on BBC radio. Afterwards we will hand out free vegan food samples to show how tasty a cruelty free diet can be. If you offer any assistance in food preparation, keeping food hot/cold etc please let me know.

Please contact me on 020 7357 9229 ext. 234 or reply to this email. For more info on the campaign, please visit www.kfccruelty.co.uk
    Hope to see you there and looking forward to meeting you all!

Jodi

Jodi Ruckley
    Campaign Coordinator
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, Europe
    Tel: +44 (0)20 7357 9229, ext 234
    Fax: +44 (0)20 7357 0901
    www.PETA.org.uk

Default Glasgow KFC protest anyone?

Hi,

Is their anyone out there in or around the Glasgow area intrested in doing a protest or two outside KFC on behalf of PETA?

Xena

Default Re: Glasgow KFC protest anyone?

Only if I could hide inside a giant chicken costume. I'd love to be more active in things like that but I suffer from social anxiety which makes it very difficult for me. I'm not chickening out (oooh...that was bad), I'm just being honest. I've got a bad temper too, I think I'd punch anyone that was rude to me

Possibly, if it's legal and fits around my job's hours, I work most saturdays so I'd have to ask waaay in advance for a day off! When is it?
    It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.

Evilfluffbunny,

Of course you can hide in a chiken suit, i know a place in Glasgow that's has a great one, i've worn it a few times myself.

Dove,

I work Saturday's as well, so we could make it a Sunday or a day during the week?

If you both are intrested i will send for the Stuff that we need (posters,leaflets etc) It will be legal i have done a couple of them before.

It would be great if you both can do it, it's no fun protesting/leafleting on your own

Sunday's good for me. And I think bunny will look lovely in a chicken suit!
    It is a monstrous thing to do, to slay a unicorn...you have slain something pure and defenceless and you will have but a half life, a cursed life, from the moment the blood touches your lips.

Exellant! sunday is the better day for me also,

Yes i agree Evil would look great in a chiken suit,just as long as she does not wear those fab wings that she has on her avatar lol

I'll get on to PETA in the next couple of day's to get the stuff. ooh i can't wait this will be fun!

Yes i agree Evil would look great in a chiken suit,just as long as she does not wear those fab wings that she has on her avatar lol

Awww...can't I be a demon-chicken?

Quote Evilfluffbunny
    Awww...can't I be a demon-chicken?
    that i would love too see lol

i have orderd the leaflest n stuff hopefully they will be here soon

Default Kfc Cruelty

please forward this link to everyone you know and dont know

http://www.petatv.com/downloads/pam_kfc_long.zip

or

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/anderson-vid.asp

thanks

Gibby

Default Re: Kfc Cruelty

Will email that to people I know and who think that eating chickens and fish is healthy and not cruel.Thanks,A.

tails4wagging

I have a T shirt that says fck-kfc...

Quote artur_dz
    Will email that to people I know and who think that eating chickens and fish is healthy and not cruel.Thanks,A.
    I hope they watch it. Has anyone here ever got one of there omni friends to watch a Peta video, and has it ever made them think more about animal welfair?

cross barer

Default ALV's 100th KFC demo

ALV held their 100th consecutive demonstration outside the Melbounre KFC outlet today. We gave hundreds of people free vegan chicken and plenty of information. Pics from various demos can be seen at open rescue including some from international demonstrations...

Default Re: KFC

Thanks Adam. Some really great photos there and interesting stories of how people react to the protesters.

re. Glasgow: I would be up for it if it was on a weekend. Who is organizing this? WLT have more info. Campaigning was sth I was always interested it but I never got round to actually doing it.
    littleTigercub

I still havent recived my leaflets from PETA. think i will aks then again.

I can't make Saturday protests but i can make Sunday and the odd day during the week.

anyone in newcastle want to do a protest

I would like to join or help run a local group

also I did see a great t shirt saying meat is murder with the McDonalds arches for the M's on a fab vid by the vegan society "truth or dairy"
    anyone know where I can get a couple???

Gibby