Thread: Jersey Animal Coalition of Hypocrites

Default Jersey Animal Coalition of Hypocrites

My wife was shopping in Whole Foods (Milburn, NJ) and was asked for a donation by the Jersey Animal Coalition (the store was hosting a fundraiser for them).

It was a Barbecue and they were serving corpses!

This is a copy of the flyer for the event:

Jersey Animal Coalition of Hypocrites

This kind of crap really pisses me off!!!

Default Re: Jersey Animal Coalition of Hypocrites

I stopped at the table where they were collecting donations and giving out information and told the women that I would have supported their organization if they had really made a commitment to the animals. One woman looked at me like I was an alien but the other seemed interested. I told them that it was wrong to solict funds to care for dogs and cats while feeding murdered animals to people. That their agency was saying that we care about animals as long as they are cute and fluffy. The one woman agreed with me while the other woman was saying, "but we need the money." I said there are plenty of organizations that have fundraisers without exploitating animals. Then the interested woman said that next time they were going to have a fundraiser at Whole Foods, they would ask for it to be completely vegetarian. I have no idea if she said this to make me go away or because she truly believed it but I'm still glad I stopped and said something.

I just called the organization (973-763-7322) to suggest that by serving murdered animals, they are suggesting that it is fine to help cute and fluffy animals but all others can be exploited and killed. I suggested that they ask that if Whole Foods donated food again, that the organization request it be vegetarian as not to exclude veg*ns who wish to support their organization. The woman replied rather snottily, "We don't impose values onto others and that would exclude meat eaters." I tried to explain to her (as nicely as I could) that by serving murdered animal, not only was the organization being hypocritical, but they were losing possible donors like myself. I also offered to give her the number of an organization that did not exploit animals in their fundraisers.She said that their organization even has vegetarians and vegans volunteering and she didn't think they were losing anything by serving dead animal. She was just so obstinate, VeganMan tried as well to talk to her but no such luck.

Kevster

Wow, the excluding meat eaters thing is crazy, they do eat vegetables too!

That organisation IS imposing values, obviously not very good ones, but values nonetheless. I hate that argument. 'Don't impose your values on other people' 'Well stop imposing them on me!'

Kevster

Oh, they do have veggie burgers too..... how considerate of them..... (bet they weren't vegan tho )

And what a stupid name: "good will from the grill"

How good was it for the swordfish, cow or pig?

spo

Thank you Feline and Veganman for giving your best effort again for animal rights and true animal welfare.
    spo

Argh!!! How stupid are people? Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Quote Kevster
    Oh, they do have veggie burgers too..... how considerate of them..... (bet they weren't vegan tho )

yes, grilled halloumi for veggies too! what are we moaning about???

what are kebobs btw? do they mean kebabs?

what a flyer title "goodwill from the grill", goodwill to who??? from the dead corpses to the carnies for their $£$£$£$£ to save the fluffies

Yes, it would be more accurate if they called themselves the Jersey Dog and Cat Coalition. They have no right to call themselves an "animal coalition." At least there are a couple of species that they do not enjoy eating.

Pilaf

I'd suggest a boycott of their organization. Anyone living in Jersey can see them as the heartless hypocrites they are and refuse to have anything to do with them, now that the truth is out.

Thumbs down Re: Jersey Animal Coalition of Hypocrites

Quote JAC
    We don't impose values onto others...
    What, then, do they call forcing others to be food?

This is the first time I heard about JAC, but Whole Foods thinks exploiting other animals as commodities is animal advocacy. See the so-called Animal Compassion Foundation.
    The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men. —Alice Walker

Thank you, Daniel. Those links were very interesting. I do remember reading an article awhile ago interviewing the CEO of Whole Foods who professes he is a vegan though he eats chicken eggs. He justified it by saying that they were his chickens so he wasn't contributing to factory farming and the eggs would be wasted anyway. Screw him. I used to like that store but they've been getting on my nerves due to their mass proliferation. They are like becoming like McDeath.

Ah, one of those egg eating vegans. A bit like a fish and chipocrite, or fauxtarian.

Maybe his female customers could start sending their tampons back to him, and see how he likes eating that menstrual waste. At least it would be freely given!

Mary

Quote Realfood Mary
    Maybe his female customers could start sending their tampons back to him, and see how he likes eating that menstrual waste. At least it would be freely given!