Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

Default Re: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

I'd love a dear friend of mine to become vegan - he is well loved by many, and such a change would be influential. On the other hand, I'd love my son to go vegan. He has four children who adore him, and one of his sons who qualifies as a doctor at the end of this year, is vegan already, so that would help.
    Eve

cross barer

Quote portiakitty
    Adam, did you know that the original Ronald McDonald became a vegetarian and broke his contract?
    Unfortunatly his contract did not grant him control of the RM image, so the creepy flesh pushing clown lives on...
    Yeah I'm reading fast food nation ay the moment.

The guy who thought up Romald McDonald was Willard SCott, former weathersellout of the NBC Today show. He wasn't allowed to play RM as he was too fat

all heads of state in all countries i guess - but it wouldnt be enough to just go vegan, they'd have to constantly tell us they are and also legistlate vegan too!

All my friends and relatives, the Pope, Bush , and all other religious and political leaders.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Thumbs up Re: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

Quote adam antichrist
    Yeah I'm reading fast food nation ay the moment.

The guy who thought up Romald McDonald was Willard SCott, former weathersellout of the NBC Today show. He wasn't allowed to play RM as he was too fat
    I absolutely LOVE that book, that's partly what really made me think about going vegan in the first place. Let me know how u like it if u could, I am a definate promoter of that book to everyone I know.

I really like all of your answers, they make me feel so selfish with my answer about just my parents! lol

cross barer

Yeah I'm really enjoying it, very well written.

Mozbee

My aunt & uncle! Thousands of spiders and insects would be saved annually, along with excessive numbers of animals killed for food, shoes, make-up, perfume etc.

cross barer

Anyone who can invent an excellent tasting non-toxic vegan cheese.

mmm...non-toxic excellent vegan cheese, lol

Any of the actors from the Harry Potter movies, especially Alan Rickman, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, etc. You know how many PEOPLE watch these movies, and read the books? :3 JKRowling should become vegan. Would be awesome, eh?
    ~"Stay calm and quiet now, my pretty little one, don't struggle like that, or I will only love you more," Lullabye, The Cure

Kevster

Tony Blair, oh how i would laugh, or more so Prince William. Ha ha ha ha ha. One member of the royal family must be veggie, there's so many of them.....

raineviolette

Quote adam antichrist
    Yeah I'm really enjoying it, very well written.
    Have you guys read Dont Eat That Book yet? Written my Morgan Surlock of Super Size Me fame? It's even better than the movie in my opinion. It unveils more info since the documentary's ending. I bought mine at Barnes in the Cultural Science section.

Fast Food Nation is my 2nd fave.

Thumbs up Re: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

I really have to check it out, I haven't heard of that book, but if its anything like the movie, it's gotta be awesome! Thanx for the tip!

cross barer

There's a thread here with links to it. It didn't get very good reviews.

raineviolette

Sorry if this is out of place, but I was looking for a thread on 'Books'. If anyone has that link, please share?

I just got another book today called 'Meditations on the Inner Art of Vegetarianism' I know we're vegans here, but these daily inspirations are really nice. Helpful, like you have a best friend taking this walk with you.

August 17th:

{ We need to recognize that we will grow at our own pace. We need our breath to rain oxygen into our blood & keep our cells fed. We need the sunlight of compassion & nonviolence for us to grow our roots & strengthen ourselves. }

I really like that! It sounds like a great book for little insirations when ur having a rough day, vegetarian or not! Pretty awesome!

Michael Moore...
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

...and my dad.
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

My boyfriend He's halfway there!

Admittedly Michael Moore would have more impact globally but, well, i'd be super chuffed about my dad....

- Byron

Quote Roxy
    My boyfriend He's halfway there!
    Hey Roxy, i rekon you should try a little gentle persuasion, if you catch my drift...

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    Michael Moore...
    all i can say is....PERFECT! he and george bush and the pope would be about all it would take

Toby Anstis. I listen to him every morning (he's a radio DJ for those who live outside UK) - I think if he talked a bit here and a bit there about his veganism, that would slip into people's heads quite easily. He is also very handsome and the girls would follow the cult of Toby!

ConsciousCuisine

Quote meatless
    Oprah Winfrey, because of the ripple effect. She has so much influence over so many people.
    I have to say the same...I don't watch Oprah but scores of people do and she is soooo influential (especially on mid-American housewives) and so whatever she decided on and supported would go very far indeed...

On a personal level, I'd like my ex-veg sister to go vegan because she's such a good person, I love her, want her to be healthier and happier and veganism (a shared cause) would be something we could bond over.

I think Morrissey made a massive impact for vegetarianism (isn't he now vegan? I heard somewhere he was) My ex boyfriend went veggie purely because of Morrissey. 17 years later he's not such a big fan but he's still veggie.

If would be great if some other major rock/pop star came along who was vegan.

went to reply here, and realized I already had. Whee. XD
    ~"Stay calm and quiet now, my pretty little one, don't struggle like that, or I will only love you more," Lullabye, The Cure

The big bosses of Glaxo, Beechams, and any other huge animal abusing corporation!!

Kam, there's a Dj kinda like that here, his name is Ryan Seacrest (?) and i think he's really good looking. Not only is he a well-known DJ, but he's also the hot of a really popular show called American Idol. If he were vegan, and every once in a while talked about it...well there's just no telling!
    Peace Love Surf.

Toby Anstis used to be on TV a lot, he was a kid's TV presenter, I think he's getting back into it from radio as he's on a show at the moment (albeit it a truly awful one - Celebrity Holiday Rep, man, it's terrible) but I still like him, we can forgive him this error! I do think a subtle approach is good, just to get them dropping it into the radio chitchat every now and then!

I agree whole-heartedly!
    Peace Love Surf.

Free_Tibet

Default Re: A veganisating wish!

Quote my3labs
    Oprah Winfrey and/or Ellen Degeneres!
    Absolutely !

I want to see Gordon Ramsey become a fanatical born again vegan!

at the risk of sounding ignorant...who's gordan ramsey?
    Peace Love Surf.

Quote moochbabe
    at the risk of sounding ignorant...who's gordan ramsey?
    He is an arrogant git of a celebrity chef in England who has recently declared in the papers that women are too lazy and incapable of cooking. He also has a particular hatred of vegetarians and vegans and thinks it is amusing to slip meat products into their food and watch them eat it.
    I'd like to make his liver into pate de fois gras

what a creep! there's an american chef that i am thinking of writing to that has a distaste for veggies and vegans named Anthony Bordain...wouldn't it be great to see all these ppl go vegan?? ooo and Emeril with all his porkfat rules bull
    Peace Love Surf.

Al Gore. It would be a solid way to help the environment, no?

Jesus - wouldn't that cause an uproar!

wonder what the 5 loaves and 2 fishes would be?

I think it would be great if Chris Moyles went vegan, he's one of the biggest DJ's in England and is very vocal about his weight and diets issues if he went vegan everyone would know about it!
    Dizzycow

Kevin Rudd.
    Eve

Quote Hemlock View Post
    I want to see Gordon Ramsey become a fanatical born again vegan!
    I want to see Gordon Ramsey stubb his toe!

but i suppose him being vegan would be more helpful...

I want Dita Von Teese to become vegan...I hate loving her...knowing what i know...i feel like a hypocrite...
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

cobweb

ooh missbettie i feel like that about amy winehouse, maybe she'd like to become a healthy, clean, vegan!. That'd be good.

^ *sigh* if only...Dita turn to the good side!! you are so beautiful!! be a beautiful vegan!!!

Quote vavavegan View Post
    Jesus - wouldn't that cause an uproar!

wonder what the 5 loaves and 2 fishes would be?

I read somewhere that apparently some translations of the language say that the word for 'fish' is very similar to 'water melon' so who knows......... maybe it was bread and watermelon Jesus was giving out!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Rachel Ray, Taylor Hanson, Wentworth Miller......everyone!

I second the Dita von Deese one. It'd be great is every hot girl in the world turned vegan, think of all the frat guys and football fans that'd convert for them!!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

^ seriously...

Sir Alex Ferguson.
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

maybe this doesnt count, but i would love it if my significant other became vegan. ever since i went vegan, there is a bit of a divide. crazy what food can do!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Mahk

Angelina Jolie and her current side kick Brad something-or-other. I pick them both because they seem to actually care about humanitarian causes, but more importantly they seem to have the longest running tabloid exposure of any celebrities that come to mind, and unlike Paris Hilton they actually are competent award winning actors. The general public seems to emulate celebrity causes and diets better than they do their own doctor's advice or that of a family member.

I <3 Ange.kna a dnnb vber kniefeu obssesion,.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott