Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

Default Re: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

Quote VagabondVegan View Post
    Re: Several studies link high B12 and meat intake to esophageal cancer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYX18NGTwls Just remembered this and another video where they told people who were suffering from diet based illness and made them all go vegan and saw how much they improved after 2 weeks, can't find the video of a Texas cowboy kinda guy who was crying after he saw how much his health improved.
    I actually nicked this link from another thread, but thought it was interesting. The video says that Oprah Winfrey actually tried the vegan diet for a little while and blogged about it as well..for anyone interested..

VagabondVegan

Quote khadagan View Post
    I actually nicked this link from another thread, but thought it was interesting. The video says that Oprah Winfrey actually tried the vegan diet for a little while and blogged about it as well..for anyone interested..
    You know its bad when your mind does not remember what you just put in a separate thread, split attention :S

Quote VagabondVegan View Post
    You know its bad when your mind does not remember what you just put in a separate thread, split attention :S
    hehe youre forgiven, im a bit on a chocolate high at the moment, very alert!

VagabondVegan

Quote khadagan View Post
    hehe youre forgiven, im a bit on a chocolate high at the moment, very alert!
    I was born on a high, turn Vegan now I have energy by the bucket

michael vick.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead

Goodbyegirl - Atleast then we'd be safe in the knowledge he wouldn't be involved in anymore dog fighting ay?
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote goodbyegirl View Post
    michael vick.
    hoo?
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

Vava - He's some American sports personality who got busted for dog fighting and was then let off easy. You can imagine the Peta press around this one ay?
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Quote emzy1985 View Post
    Vava - He's some American sports personality who got busted for dog fighting and was then let off easy. You can imagine the Peta press around this one ay?
    Prob too dim to make much of an impact then huh? No offense meant to anyone here.
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

Quote vava View Post
    Prob too dim to make much of an impact then huh? No offense meant to anyone here.
    He's fairly well known in American sports culture, and was already famous even before he was sent to prison for his crimes against animals. Whilst I would love to see him use the ample publicity he can command as a football player to advocate a vegan lifestyle, I honestly wouldn't trust his motivations as far as I can throw the man. He's never convinced me he's regretted anything regarding his past offenses except, possibly, getting caught and losing endorsements.

Lady Gaga and my boyfriend should both become vegan. >=D

Robert Downey Jr. -- Yum :P
    Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child, as it is to the caterpillar.

Hmm .... I want Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir to turn vegan! That'd be cool. Oh and Simone from Epica, plus Mark too .... ehm .... ooh! Amy Lee from Evanescence! Can't remember if anyone has already said that, but I'm adding my vote in
    I hate it when I'm studying and a velociraptor throws bananas on me.

Elijah Wood yummm, if he isn't already. Some places say he is, some say he isn't
    Even the smallest person can change the course of the future

They've probably been mentioned already, but how about "The Royal Couple"?

Billie Joe Armstrong.. Or all of Green Day. I'm a massive GD fan and it depresses me to think they eat meat.

I'm pretty sure that Billie Joe is a vegan. last I heard anyway.
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

He eats meat now, but he used to be a vegetarian. There was an interview with their chef not long ago. Also, he said he got "skinny and weird" when he was a vegetarian so he quit. I love him, but I am pretty sure he did heavier drugs around that time and if so, I am sure it had more to do with that than the fact he wasn't eating meat.

LAME!! I actually heard that he wasn't very nice, that he spits on crowds when he plays...

Haha, I don't think that's true. I've seen them live 4 times and am always directly in front of the stage.. and know plenty of other fans who've met him. I swear he's the nicest guy on Earth. It's very disappointing he eats meat.

ya, it always sucks when someone you like eats meat....

Ellen Degeneres being vegan makes me really happy. I love her. It would be cool if Angelina Jolie went vegan. She already does so much to support good causes and bring awareness to human suffering, it would be cool i she did the same thing with animals.
    Blake said that the body was the soul's prison unless the five senses are fully developed and open. He considered the senses the 'windows of the soul

I am thinking about this question deeply. Now my first thought would be a famous person, let say President Obama. If he became Vegan he could do much more for Veganism it isn't even funny. Just think of how many campaigns, groups and actions he can promote and take. On the other hand, he has the power to to speak good words about Veganism but he also has power to destroy it as well. What if he became one of those people that "went vegan and almost died?" Just think about all the horrible things he could spread about Vegansim and how many people would listen to him? That would be horrible! So anyways, back to the question, if I had to pick anyone to go Vegan over night, it would be my mother. She is 50 years old and is getting arthritis. She loves riding her Busa motorcycle for long periods of times but has a hard time because of her developing arthritis. She stated tonight she is taking painkillers like every night. She thinks that a sandwich with mayonnaise, one slice of tomato, and one slice of process cheese with a bowl of yogurt on the side is healthy and yet she is crumbling. She want's to make the commitment of going wheat free. That's good but it shouldn't be her main focus I feel. It should be eating more things that come off a plant and not someones or something that came or was an animal. I know Veganism can help her and she refuses to act. She admitted it was true, but she doesn't want to act, why? I dunno!

I totally agree with whoever said David Beckham! And Ryan Gosling.

Quote Ⓥeganist View Post
    ... So anyways, back to the question, if I had to pick anyone to go Vegan over night, it would be my mother. She is 50 years old and is getting arthritis. She loves riding her Busa motorcycle for long periods of times but has a hard time because of her developing arthritis. She stated tonight she is taking painkillers like every night. She thinks that a sandwich with mayonnaise, one slice of tomato, and one slice of process cheese with a bowl of yogurt on the side is healthy and yet she is crumbling. She want's to make the commitment of going wheat free. That's good but it shouldn't be her main focus I feel. It should be eating more things that come off a plant and not someones or something that came or was an animal. I know Veganism can help her and she refuses to act. She admitted it was true, but she doesn't want to act, why? I dunno!
    My friends mother became vegan because of arthritis and she found it makes a huge difference for her. I have juvenile arthritis so that's one of the reasons I became vegan. I don't suffer from it in any way right now, but it's more of a preventative measure

Definitely the Pope
    Tanya

I would rather have Dennis Cucinich play a more important role in US administration

He's a real, longtime vegan, and he is already quite influential - why could he not get a shot at the presidency?

Best regards,
    Andy

My boyfriend. Wouldn't ever happen but I'd love it if it did!

Nikorusama

Quote Joflakes View Post
    My boyfriend. Wouldn't ever happen but I'd love it if it did!
    This. My boyfriend agreed that being vegetarian was the right thing to do (haven't quite got him on the vegan wavelength yet) because "no one likes to be cruel to animals". He just says he just can't stop eating meat and I really can't see him doing that. I mean when we move in together he probably will eat what I eat which will be vegan but he'll still probably bring meat into the house through means of takeaway and his friend who eats pretty much only meat and carbs when he comes over they'll probably eat the equivalent of a baby cow in meat...it's awful.