Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

Default Re: Which significant person would you like to become vegan overnight?

what's that in English?
    Eve

Russ

ellaminnowpea, I think your keyboard's been drinking ...

Stu

Quote sandra View Post
    I read somewhere that apparently some translations of the language say that the word for 'fish' is very similar to 'water melon' so who knows......... maybe it was bread and watermelon Jesus was giving out!
    Yep, I've heard this too.

Quote Mahk View Post
    Angelina Jolie and her current side kick Brad something-or-other. I pick them both because they seem to actually care about humanitarian causes, but more importantly they seem to have the longest running tabloid exposure of any celebrities that come to mind, and unlike Paris Hilton they actually are competent award winning actors. The general public seems to emulate celebrity causes and diets better than they do their own doctor's advice or that of a family member.
    you're so right about people mimicking celebrities. i think its pretty pathetic, actually. and i heard that Oprah has recently decided to go vegetarian for a little while, "to try it out". i'm not sure what that's all about, but I am assuming that being people worship Oprah for some reason ( i can't stomach her)that they will be emulating her in no time.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.~ Mahatma Ghandi

Stu

VeggieMaya, are you using an operating system that isn't Windows? Cos I've noticed that sometimes, posts made by people using certain OSs, are sort of cropped when viewed (be me at least, on Windows). For instance, your post above, ends for me after two lines (in fact, the second line, ending with "but I am assuming" is slightly cropped itself).

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    I <3 Ange.kna a dnnb vber kniefeu obssesion,.
    = I <3 Angelina and her knife obsession
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Russ

I'm on Windows XP and it displays fine for me ... I'm using FIREFOX also, if that helps ...

Russ, thats you in your avatar?
    Hmmmm for some reason before I saw that, I thought you were fat

Russ

looooooooooooooooooool

No offence taken ... maybe I 'type fatly' ... perhaps recent typos? appear the product of keys smooshed together under the weight of giant fingers ...

No, I'm and have always been a skinny honkey ..

Maybe you were thinking of one of the OTHER forum Russ's ... I believe there are a few ... (not that I'm trying to pass comment on their weight(s).)

Alistair Dowling - maybe then instead of subsidising the meat industry he could use that money to abolish council tax, lower fuel duty and improve public transport.

Ricky Hatton - because there are not many high profile vegan sports people in the news at the moment.

All the celebrity chefs - I would probably never leave the house

All of my friends - that would make life so much easier and they would be able to fit into more clothes
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Ronald McDonald

Quote teaboy View Post
    Ronald McDonald
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

exec

All butchers, fishermen, and hunters.

+1

obama
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
    ~John Wooden

Now that would make a hell of a difference wouldn't it?

OPRAH...people listen to her more than they do the President!

(She's actually on a vegan diet right now for 21 days. Trying to detox her system. I say she should stay with it!!!)

all guys that like me... grrrrr

The Minister of Health in every government.
    If I had to choose just one I would say Ben Bradshaw... I think he's the UK one at the moment.
    Maybe he would put vegan menus in every school and hospital. The 5 a day campaign was good but most people don't follow its guidance. We need more campaigns like that one.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

WildWitch

Jesus - imagine all the christians going vegan, wow!

coney

Quote meatless View Post
    Oprah Winfrey, because of the ripple effect. She has so much influence over so many people.
    Looks like you got your wish!

I was in the airport last week, and saw a piece on "Going Vegan" on CNN of all places. I couldn't watch it, though, my daughter went running off and i had to chase her. But I was wondering if it was due to Oprah.

I would love it if Al Gore went veg...in some way. Vegan would be great. The guy owns cattle, though, if anyone saw Inconvenient Truth.

Gotta agree with the folks that suggested Al Gore. How can you spout off at the mouth about giving a damn about the environment when it looks like you have had your face burried in a bucket of chicken wings? Saving the planet and eating as if you mean it go hand in hand. The chubby hypocrite isn't fooling anyone.

Mahk

I heard a rumor that Al Gore has said privately that once he no longer has any political aspirations he will become a veg*n. He is afraid he would scare off a lot of beef industry supporters if he were to become one now. Who knows?

trent reznor or marilyn manson

Prawnil

Stewart Lee.

leedsveg

Osama Bin Laden

And I'd like to see the look on the face of the Membership Secretary, Vegan Society (UK), when she/he sees the completed membership application form that Osama has just sent in. Could make the next Vegan Society AGM rather interesting!

leedsveg

Quote hd883scooter View Post
    Gotta agree with the folks that suggested Al Gore. How can you spout off at the mouth about giving a damn about the environment when it looks like you have had your face burried in a bucket of chicken wings? Saving the planet and eating as if you mean it go hand in hand. The chubby hypocrite isn't fooling anyone.
    Not always, David Attenborough has probably done more than anyone on the planet to highlight the effects of humans on the animal kingdom and, more recently, the changing climate!

Anyway, to pick someone to be vegan who would have the biggest influence, i'd gotta go with who has the say in running China's day to day affairs, wheter it's Hu Jintau, Wen Jiabao, Wu Bangguo or Jia Qinglin...........if any one of them ordered the 1.3 billion people to eat vegan that would make a huge difference!
    Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty!

Mahk

God.

[Come to think of it, wasn't it she who coined the phrase "Thou shalt not kill"?]

Quote Mahk View Post
    I heard a rumor that Al Gore has said privately that once he no longer has any political aspirations he will become a veg*n. He is afraid he would scare off a lot of beef industry supporters if he were to become one now. Who knows?
    Politicians are all sponsored by corporations, so he's probably right if he still wants to do politics... It's sad it is that way...
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Michael Moore?
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

boatsteem1

Default Re: A veganisating wish!

Quote spo View Post
    George Bush--That means that any selfish crass idiot could do it!!
    Oh-how utterly nasty of me--NOT!!
    spo
    +1

Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver - David Beckham should go vegan

Quote Sunkist View Post
    Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver - David Beckham should go vegan
    I can't even think of a vegetarian footballer let alone a vegan one.

Hmmmm, Phil Babb and Robbie Earl and, before that, Stanley Mathews!!!!

Quote gogs67 View Post
    I can't even think of a vegetarian footballer let alone a vegan one.

There are many vegan athletes, so there must be a few veg footballers??

Quote Sunkist View Post
    You would think so, but it appears not!

Zero

Ricky Williams - Running Back for the Miami Dolphins is vegan....... oooops wrong kind of football!

---

I would like to see Billy Corgan go vegan. He's a sort of gentle 6'3" giant, much like me

Quote Sunkist View Post
    I remember reading about a vegan footballer in The Vegan magazine but that was in the late 80's and I can't recall what his name was now. If anyone else remembers please post it here.
    Last edited by vegcurry; Sep 4th, 2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

My boyfriend.

Quote WildWitch View Post
    Jesus - imagine all the christians going vegan, wow!
    Alot of people I know would already argue he was vegan!

Barak Obama - think what a change that would make?

Mahk

^Emzy, he's almost there. Maybe one afternoon talking and listening to you, we could flip him! [Turn him to our ways] Listen to his response to a vegan's question at this pre-election rally and notice he has down all the basic concepts excepts "I have to admit I enjoy steak/BBQ now and then".
    [But Mr President, your next-door neighbor's baby or dog may taste good too, but you don't eat them, right? Plus, there are lots of other foods you currently enjoy that are vegan, so it's not like turning vegan means no longer being able to enjoy good food.]

[YOUTUBE]Rt56ER4TSqc[/YOUTUBE]
    or if that's not working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt56ER4TSqc

phact0rri

good question. I suppose the CEO of Tyson's would be brilliant. ^ it is a shame Oprah didn't stick to her "strict-vegitarian" diet. Would have been nice.

Judge Judy

Then I'd love to see someone try to give her shit for being a vegan mwaahahahaaa.

May sound cheesy, but, my spouse. He's the only person that directly effects my life on a daily basis... yes, I'm also quite self-centered

Quote vorpal View Post
    Judge Judy

tombenarye1234

well...there is one person...but she already did ^^

Adolf Hitler (vegetarian) So I could have stopped the suffering of millions of people in Europe.
    I am the Devil, and I'm here to do the Devils work.

tombenarye1234

Quote Panzer View Post
    Adolf Hitler (vegetarian) So I could have stopped the suffering of millions of people in Europe.
    actually his vegan for the last 64 years

leedsveg

Adolph Hitler you say? Mmm. Better than that to relieve the suffering of millions, why not Adam and Eve? (I know that technically they are 2 people but I'm hoping that as Eve sprang from Adam's rib, they can for the sake of argument, be counted as 1.)

lv

Good point.
    I am the Devil, and I'm here to do the Devils work.

tombenarye1234

Quote leedsveg View Post
    Adolph Hitler you say? Mmm. Better than that to relieve the suffering of millions, why not Adam and Eve? (I know that technically they are 2 people but I'm hoping that as Eve sprang from Adam's rib, they can for the sake of argument, be counted as 1.)
    lv
    actually adam and eve were veg. the first human who ate meat were noah and his offsprings (10 generation after adam&eve, according to monotheist mythology).
    Last edited by tombenarye1234; Oct 7th, 2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Punctuation&spelling