Thread: Milks for toddlers and hello

Smile Milks for toddlers and hello

Hello there,

Have been mooching around on this site for a few weeks and reading a lot of the posts esp. in the Kids sections with great intrest.

I am mum to a (nearly) 2 year boy....who has been vegan from birth....he has had some health problems along the way...but nothing I could attribute to his diet - Born with a heart problem (since had an op) and Discoid ecsema (treated Homepathically - almost gone now) - also a resonable number of colds & flus
    - He was a big boy when he was born 10lb 3oz...(so much for vegan babies being small!) but has developed along an average weight scale since....We have some eating problems..i.e he just won't sometimes but i guess thats the way of things....

My question today is about milks - I fed him my self until he was 17months old and now use mostly Vegan soya formula, often almond milk too, and Coconut milk to add a calories on occasions when eating goes out of the window....I am told he should have about a pint of milk a day (i give him 3 bottles which kinda equates) - any other suggestions about other milks...as it would be good to cut back on the soya formula...I guess I use it as a safety net as claims to hold all nutrients nessesary ....and I may use it until I am completly happy he is geeting a fully balanced diet (which I am almost there with)

all the best

Kelly
    gingerlass

Default Re: Milks for toddlers and hello

What makes you think that a child or a human would need any type of milk after weaning? The only time I drink it is for pleasure/taste.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Cryospark

Default Re: Milks for toddlers and hello

well I can't see anything wrong with continuing with soy as long as it is good stuff checked out with no nasty gmo going on to make it undigestible, the health problems at birth can prolly date back through your ancestoral line germs implanted in the family DNA that your diet has not yet eradicated, these germs date back to happenings such as the plague they stick insert themself in the structure and can popup with abnormalities on occasion, apparently we have the technology to eradicate these unwanted pesky things now, it is through homeopathy of a kind in fact i think, just that the current diagnosis your homeopath is getting may not be that of your genetic makeup just from what hes been told by you.
    www.your-natural-health.com i believe is the site, your in the UK so it's near by i think.
    Good luck