Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Overeating

Default Overeating

Hi

Yesterday night I ate so much I thought I was going to throw up I felt really gross and embarrassed, and fat, and all sorts of bad feelings afterwards.

I overeat when I'm stressed out or whenever I try to control what I eat...

I'm really trying to fix this but it's soooo hard...

Does anyone else ever do this?

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: Overeating

Have you been diagnosed with an Eating Disorder or do *you* believe you have one?

Hope you examine what is is that drives you to do this and get the help you need to feel healthy.

sorry about the long post:

Well about 2 yrs ago (fall 2003) when I started university it got really bad. I was counting calories and I just got sick of it and started eating a lot.

I got really scared and made an appointment with the universities counsellor. I only got one for a month later (after I called 2 times... at first they wouldn't give me on until after the holidays)

I gained a lot of weight and then I started counting calories again and ended up bingeing at least once every week.

By the time I saw the therapist, she worked more on dealing with stress and time management with me. She scheduled our next appointment for after the holidays. Anyways to make a long story short, I wasn't told I had an eating disorder but by then I also told the therapist I was in control of my eating (which now that I look back, I see I wasn't).

By the end of the school year, I had lost a couple of pounds but I was still a lot heavier than when I started school (I wasn't thin or anything when I started school either).

Anyways, I had tried about every single diet out there by the summer and I was just burnt out. I kept dieting and bingeing.. every 3-4 days!!! So I fell on this book called "Intuitive eating" by evelyn tribole and it really changed my life. I stopped dieting and things got a lot better. I also stopped weighing myself until the fall. I have also stopped weighing myself again. (I weighed myself once or twice after school ended this year and I got back home... but that was a month ago)

Lately though, I seem to overeat often. It makes me feel miserable

Why do people do things that make themselves feel miserable? Why do we feel the need to constantly torture ourselves? People do this in different ways, overeating, undereating, overworking, have bad relationships, etc..

I don't think there is any one answer, except maybe to ask yourself why you feel so dissatisfied that you need to fill yourself with food? Do you feel empty? Is there something missing from your life that you can replace overconsumption of food with? I'm sure your therapist had plenty of advice along these lines...

I also tend to overeat in winter. Well, in my opinion it's overeating, although I wouldn't say it's a classifiable disorder. So this winter I am going to find something new to occupy myself with whilst indoors. Maybe I'll buy a treadmill

I overeat a lot. It makes me feel really guilty. I understand where you're coming from.

I don't think I would ever see a therapist though, for my overeating. I absolutely hate them. I was forced to go them all through junior high and I refuse to ever see another liar again.

i overeat on a daily basis. i'm noticeably overweight, albeit not massively so. but enough so that it dents my self-esteem (which has long been at rock bottom anyway). i hate the fact that i'm such a useless greedy bastard and don't have the will power to sort myself out and stop eating when i'm not even hungry.

it especially makes me feel bad when it's hot t-shirt weather like we're having right now. i hate it when it's too hot to go out without another layer to at least partially disguise my horrible flabby physique.

i tell myself that it's because of greedy pigs like me that there are so many people in the world who are hungry. i mean really hungry, not just fidgety cos they haven't stuffed something in their mouth for 20 minutes like me.

and i feel that if i was in shape like i used to be, then i'd like myself more and have some self-confidence, which might radiate out to other people and then in turn somebody else might like me. but then when i get down about that sort of thing i just go and eat stuff and end up feeling worse. ain't life weird?

personally i can't imagine overeating not being linked to depression or low self-esteem or low self-confidence or whatever. but i might be wrong. (i was frequently wrong when i was married, apparently, so why should i expect to be wrong any less frequently now?!)

i sometimes think it's weird for me to be vegan, i mean i care enough about animals that i don't want to be involved in their suffering in anyway, yet when it comes to me myself, i generally feel like i could happily drop dead tomorrow. well not 'happily' exactly, but you know what i mean (or do you?). my point being that you'd think that someone who cares about even the small 'insignificant' creatures would care at least a bit about himself!

anyway i'd better shut up before i make a complete arse of myself. and sorry for whining on like a self-absorbed dickhead. now you can see why i'm not posting much these days!

cross barer

For me overeating is about trying to control my feelings. I find that when I am mediatating once in a while it is easier not to succumb to the urge to overeat because I allow myself to feel that stuff I am afraid of or fear will be unpleasant whilst meditating. Therefore the urge to run from those feelings loses some of its power.

When I am getting urges to overeat I try and tell myself "just for the next five minutes, don't eat anything". In five minute increments I can get through a whole day.

Overeating is an oral fixation like smoking. Every time you inhale cigarette smoke, you are subconsciously saying to yourself "I am so worthless, I don't even deserve clean air".

It is similar with overeating. Theories suggest that it relates to early childhood, that whenever we cried our mother stuffed a bottle in our mouth but we may not have been crying because we were hungry; we may have been lonely or cold or had a bad dream or scared but through our inabillity to communicate we were taught to consume food to dull those feelings, and until we take responsibillity for our own feelings we will continue to behave like this.

The most important thing I have learned through meditating is that feelings can't hurt me. My negative behaviours can... so it's better to just have the feelings.

I overeat all the time. I tell myself "I'll be good today." I'm good until I get home from work. Then I turn into a fat pig. Sometimes I'll eat out of bordeom. I'll eat when I'm mad or upset--food makes me feel better. Sometimes I'll overeat because there's good food put in front of me--today my husband took me to a health food store that has a little vegan restaurant thing inside. I had a philly cheesesteak. I got a big fat chocolate walnut brownie too. Even though I was full from the sandwich, I ate the brownie anyway, because it was there. If I buy a pint of soy ice cream, I'll eat the whole thing in one sitting (which is about 840 calories, depending on what kind it is). It's very rare that the container will see a freezer again after I buy it. If I have salsa and chips, I'll eat the whole jar of salsa at once. A lot of times, I'll overeat because I 'need' something else. I'll eat spicy food, but then crave something sweet. Then I'll want something salty. I'll eat dinner, then my husband will want to go out to eat (we cook our dinners seperately because he eats meat) so I'll go out and eat a second dinner with him.
    I feel all fat and gross after I overeat, but sometimes I try to justify it by saying it's all vegan, so it's healthy and good for me. My tummy will pudge out and look gross. Sometimes I think it's okay if I eat a lot since I'm not fat.
    Today my end of the day weight (which includes 3 meals and some snacks) is 105 pounds.
    Sometimes I'm afraid I'll get fat because of the way I eat. Sometimes I think that since I eat the way I do and I haven't gotten fat, that maybe I can get away with overeating.
    I never overate before I became vegan. My husband thinks I do it because my body is missing out on vitamins or nutrients from meat, so I try to make up for it by eating a lot of food. I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

wow... I feel really overwhealmed by all the responses. It's good to know that posts do get read on this forum and everyone is so nice.

I read in a book today that there's "objective" and "subjective" overeating...
    Objective is when the person eats a lot lot... like say i dunno, 5000 calories in a sitting.. and feels out of control and distressed

whereas Subjective is when the person eats and feels out of control but the amount (although too much in that person's view) is not that huge. The subjective overeating will make the person feel as distressed, gross, depressed as the objective overeating..

I'm really trying to work on the whole issue here. I'm really tired of it and how it makes me feel.

Quote adam antichrist
    I find that when I am mediatating once in a while it is easier not to succumb to the urge to overeat because I allow myself to feel that stuff I am afraid of or fear will be unpleasant whilst meditating.
    How do you meditate? I'd like to learn.

Quote adam antichrist
    When I am getting urges to overeat I try and tell myself "just for the next five minutes, don't eat anything". In five minute increments I can get through a whole day.

that sounds like a good strategy.

Quote adam antichrist
    whenever we cried our mother stuffed a bottle in our mouth
    Mine just listened to me cry and after a moment or two told me to stop crying... :S but that wasn't when I was a baby. I guess you're talking about when we were babies?

tails4wagging

I think most folks 'comfort eat' when times are stressed. Its a natural thing, I shouldnt worry to much or it will be an issue.

cross barer

Quote Makoto
    How do you meditate? I'd like to learn.
    Meditation is simply focussing on your breathing, and can be done in many ways. I do yoga and also relaxation techniques which are the most effective for healing old stuff like what we have discussed in this thread.
    Many forum members had good stuff to say about meditation and finding peace on this thread

Quote makoto
    Mine just listened to me cry and after a moment or two told me to stop crying... :S but that wasn't when I was a baby. I guess you're talking about when we were babies?
    Yes, when crying was our only means of communication as we were helpless and couldn't express ourselves any other way. A therapist named John Bradshaw wrote about it.

Quote Veganbear
    I never overate before I became vegan. My husband thinks I do it because my body is missing out on vitamins or nutrients from meat, so I try to make up for it by eating a lot of food. I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
    He's actually on to something. There have been studies that linked overeating to low b6, b12, calcium, iron, and zinc deficiencies. All are vitamins/minerals that you need to be careful about when you're vegan.

But what happens is that you dont get those nutrients so your body gets you to eat more in an attempt to make up for the lack of nutrients.

I've had the same thing happen to me, so I'm getting bloodwork done with this.

sorry, low levels of the vitamins... not deficiencies

I overeat for all sorts of reasons and can relate to what you write.

I was diagnosed with an eating disorder but although I think I have come over the worst, I still overeat (although I do not binge any more, i.e. eating random things really really quickly)in a variety of situations.

I must admit that, on most occassions, I am now fully aware of why I am doing this (boredom, treating myself) but I still do it. I can cope with it better now, though.

littleTigercub

Wow! I must say that I am horrified at how some of you put yourselves down! Calling yourselves fat pigs and discussing how your bodies repulse you is a big indication of a lack of self love - which hits the nail on the head! That is why you overeat!

I have had anorexia - and since recovering I have been "guilty" of the "subjective" overeating that Mokoto was talking about. The way I deal with it is to accept it now as part of my body and tell myself that I am not a disgusting fat pig for enjoying food. Everyone should be able to enjoy food - sometimes that means eating more, sometimes that means not eating as much! I used to eat things because I thought I should (low calorie, health properties etc...) but now I realise that when you are hungry, if you just eat what you want in the first place, you will not feel deprived or weak or malnourished, so you won't overeat.

This is all easier said than done. But if anyone needs support, please PM me.

great post banana. id also like to add that when we want to overeat, we should eat healthier versions of what we want to overeat on ! (like if you want candy, eat medjool dates or fresh fruit, if you want chocolate, eat either raw chocolate or pure unsweetened dark chocolate, if you want chips or fries, eat a healthier version such as baked potatoes [see banana's recipe for healthy baked 'fries'] the healthier you eat when u want to overeat, the less it will matter and the more nutrition you will give your body and it will want less!)
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Seaside

Posted by annascool:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Veganbear

He's actually on to something. There have been studies that linked overeating to low b6, b12, calcium, iron, and zinc deficiencies. All are vitamins/minerals that you need to be careful about when you're vegan.
    Nonsense!

cross barer

Coincidence? Believe it... or not!

Just got sent a link from a friend after we were discussing dopasmine receptors last week. This report describes the presence of a gene in approximately 25% of the population which
    carry the DRD2 A1 gene, a variant that results in fewer dopamine receptors on brain cells. Scientists have long theorized that people with this gene are more susceptible to overeating, smoking, and other unhealthful behaviors because these activities provide needed dopamine stimulation for their brains.
    The report suggests this is why many people have difficulty giving up unhelathy foods. I haven't read the whole thing yet because I'm off for accupuncture (yay)

sounds really interesting,
    can i get dopamine supplements so i don't do unhealthy things?!

cross barer

well... that's why cocaine is so popular! And it solves not only overeating but also oversleeping, overpaying bills, and basically overdoing anything except smoking crack really.

Cryospark

Not surprising many of the overeaters have insomnia struggles.....
    I only allow my self 3 meals a day, if i dont get what i wanted at that time too bad. The remedy for overeating can be found in your mind. Discipline is the cure, people have to take responsibility for themself sometime not look for something to fix all their troubles, there lies the road to chemical dependance, the road to ruin.
    Evrything you do has an effect on your health. When you overeat you will essentially find yourself with far to much protein and fat to contend with putting yourself right back near those unhealthy carnivores as far as your health is concerned.

If you feel u must eat go for the lowest fat and protein content food, something like a watermelon or grapes.

cross barer

Quote Cryospark
    The remedy for overeating can be found in your mind. Discipline is the cure, people have to take responsibility for themself.
    If the cause is genetic then discipline is irrelevant. Thats like telling a diabetic to make more insulin.

Cryospark

Oh please,
    genetics are manipulated by diet, it is about responsibility giving someone something to blame is counter-productive.

cross barer

Quote Cryospark
    genetics are manipulated by diet
    Hmmm, you often seem to know what you are talking about cryo, but not this time

A gene is a series of three nucleotides connected to DNA which result in the expression of a trait. Diet may bring about further mutation in later life, but if you start with a gene that results in limited dopamine receptors on the brain... that is never going to change. That's like saying someone born with only two fingers will grow the rest if they eat better.

Cryospark

That is a discouraging view point and a very closed one, there are treatments to eliminate these ancestoral traits, this doesn't tie in with your examples for they are exaggerative.
    Which cases here seem to be prime examples of genetic disorders?
    I would say none.
    These genetic traits are not always active, such as the phenomenon of disorders skipping a generation, something may have acted as a catylyst to bring about the onset of the disorders existance, how can you be certain that a treatment of sorts can't eliminate the problem.

I never said eating healthy would fix the problem I said try to eat the low protein and fat containing foods so as to not find yourself in a degenerative state which would then make your problem worse. That said there is also this,
    who is to say that some chemicals found in certain foods can't manipulate the germs inhibiting these disorders, too much is uncertain as to what many chemicals do, this is not known.
    I prefer to be optimistic over apethetic ;p
    Seeing as the brain is the implicated organ that makes it more questionable.
    What is the possibility of this trait being the cause of any of these people here's problem is the thing.
    If in fact this is the case eating healthy can only help not hinder.

cross barer

They are not exagerrative they are examples of physical traits expressed by mutation. DOpamine receptors are physical, therefore I think it is a reasonable comparison to diabetes or deformity because most people may not make the connection. No amount of discipline is going to change a physical trait.

Overeating is symptomatic of addictive behaviour. People don't overeat because they are hungry, they do so to bring about a feeling of shame which maintians a cycle of feelings of worthlessness. Having no self worth results in behaviour which causes feelings of shame, and in most cases are linked to childhood experiences, bad parenting etc. Whether it be drug, gambling or food addictions, those that suffer from them can usually relate to each other on the core level ie their addictions may be very different but their view of themselves and their place in the world are often the same.

We have heard all about your opinion on what overeaters should eat or why... but if you haven't related to any of this... if you haven't experienced addictive behaviour then you don't know what you are talking about. And what I offer are not excuses, but explanations. Diabetes is not an excuse, it is an explanation. Do you get what I'm saying?

You are on the right track with the idea of self discipline, it certainly is a major factor in recovery from any addiction, however it is not the only factor and without other elements cannot be maintained. That is why people return to these behaviours. To say they lack discipline is heartless and ignorant. The aspect of taking responsibllity is in seeking treatment, which some people are in the early stages of in this thread... asking for help.

Cryospark

I used to snack graze and do such things before i disallowed myself to do so. Overeaters should set out a schedule for eating and not stray, food is distractive and entertaining many give welcomed sensations. prolly most people developed the idea that snacking is ok through misinformation provided by food companies, then it got out of hand. Snacking is not healthy it very much disrupts your digestive system hampers the absorbtion of much needed vitamins, minerals and such, the body will get the food but not get what it needs from it because it wasn't gieven enough time, then it will excrete many things still with copious amounts of nutrients to make way for the new food. If you keep eating there is no rest time for the stomach, many times when people feel they are hungry there stomach is just tired, it doesn't function as well in this state and needs rest.
    It very much is a discipline matter regardless of anything working against you, it must be overcome. You carn doo eet!!
    Hmm perhaps chewing gum could help ease the amount of food partaken.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Cryospark
    Hmm perhaps chewing gum could help ease the amount of food partaken.
    Chewing gum is one of the worst things anyone can do. It is a terrible habit and can weaken digestion and negatively affect metabolism and weight. It has even been proven to increase food cravings and appetite.

Cryospark

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Chewing gum is one of the worst things anyone can do. It is a terrible habit and can weaken digestion and negatively affect metabolism and weight. It has even been proven to increase food cravings and appetite.
    Yes I can understand how it would do that. But were these tests done close to meal time, if they were to chew like the companies recommend 2 hours after meals it shouldnt interfere.
    I really don't think this is the worst thing anyone can do.....
    I wonder what the gum was they used....this would make a large difference, if they used a normal gum like hubba bubba or something that is completely unhealthy this test would be ridiculous, if they however used a wrigleys product such as the orbits then if the test proved it unhealthy so be it.

I feel that it’s also important to take note of what type of food you are binging on. I know personally that I am prone to binging on certain foods so it’s best to stay away. We all know that vegan junk food exists. Foods that are conducive to binging tend to be calorie dense, such as dried carbs or sweets. A good book on the subject is the Pritikin Break Through (non vegan-plant based although vegans could apply the strategy). The book argues that Paleolithic man/woman gorged themselves on calorie dense foods, since they were such a rare treat in a brutal environment where they were constantly in peril of starvation. Thus it’s no wonder why they “Bet you can’t eat just one”. Of course discipline is also part of the solution and I am not trying to make excuses for people.
    For me it’s really frustrating because I normally eat very healthy but occasionally I’ll blow everything and binge on junk food late at night (usually while drinking beer and watching tv). These binges cause me to think and ponder why I even bother with a healthy life style if I’m just going to blow everything once every week. That’s how bad they really are. I feel like with one night of binging I am eliminating an entire week of healthy eating and exercise. I’m not fat only because I exercise constantly but if it weren’t for that I would be huge. But as I mentioned earlier if I avoid certain foods the binging goes away. Maybe its best to avoid the idiot box and late night beers too.

Cryospark

yeah the tv is so boring all by yourself. I only watch shows that I know will be entertaining otherwise I'll get bored and think hmm I could be eating while I'm bored that'll be less boring. Company is good tho, your less likely to get bored with someone to moan about the crappy shows at or with.

I guess you would prolly be overbalancing the healthy scale of your eating on the days your good then ;p, there are foods that taste like junk food but arent. There is also less junky junk food, like vege chips they are much lower in fat and are mostly polyunsaturated the ones i had the other day only had 18% fat and most of it was poly rest was carb and a smidge of protein they will still be high GI thobut yah as long as they are made from potato what can ya do.
    Hmm maybe their are some healthy beers or you could brew your own ones with nutritional value.

My favourite nutritionist and vegan reckons we all have an overeating disorders - something we all can handle

check out his free radio show downloads for many areas of the vegan diet and health. Most problems can be sorted with diet.

http://www.alternativesouls.com/hh/drjrs.html

Gibby

Cryospark

Yes I agree that we all have eating disorders to not have one would be perfect, noone is perfect. If our diet was perfect it is quite possible that a person would never die of "natural causes".

well I suppose we all class things differently

Dr joe reckons we all eat too fast and too much

his advice and also that of amny good nutritionists is that we eat for say just 10 mins and take a break. then after 10 start again.

the reason is that the message from the stomach to the gut takeas about 10 mins to travel and quite often we are finished a meal long after then message arrives. This then causes us to want the feeling of fullness.
    we eat for nutrition but today many ppl eat for taste and satisfaction.

Tests have proved that mamals that live the longest are thoses that eat the least.

many ppl I know doe at the whole bar of choc - or the whole meal.
    Tony Robbins teaches this happens and actually teacthes us to get around it by always leaving some food on the palce and giving ourselves a reward - such as playing our fav song for leaving food on the plate.

check out Dr Joes downloads as he explains this so well - far better than I ever could.

Gibby

Quote Tofu Monster
    anyway i'd better shut up before i make a complete arse of myself. and sorry for whining on like a self-absorbed dickhead. now you can see why i'm not posting much these days!
    No you're not, you are a funny, special guy and we miss you posting.

Aurora xx

Cryospark

Quote Lilith
    well I disagree. Check in DSM4--an eating disorder consists of binge/purging behavior with deliberate measures taken to control and limit one's calorific intake. Distorted self-image is also characteristic of an eating disorder.

Maybe we overeat...but I also wouldn't class that as an over-eating disorder as the 'addiction' and reliance on food isn't present in everyone. A person who has a "real" overeating disorder will have this reliance/addiction.
    Wait a minute the reliance on food not being present in someone, everyone is reliant on food. I'm sure something is lost in your translation of thoughts to text.
    Your perspective is based on western medical basis. A basis I don't agree with, along with many others. They are far to blatantly wrong about many things. My perspective is much more looking from a perfectionist ideal view-point. One small problem persistent problem turns into a large problem.

I am sorry Cyrospark, but I agree entirely with Lilith. You obviously have never dealt with a true eating disorder before, and only those who have, or those who have been very close to it can understand it. Yes, there are many people who overeat, but they do it for pleasure. People who binge uncontrollably are dealing with a totally different thing.

Cryospark

Well there is alot of confusion here I see, what I'm saying is just my view and saying I can understand where some people are coming from but I don't trust medical rulings these days, I had a sweet food for comfort addiction yes but now I'm past it, discipline got me through it. I have some other problems to deal with now

cross barer

Gah I binged tonight. I made a big pizza then of course ate the whole thing. I feel so full I can hardly move and couldn't sleep. It's ok I suppose, I got bad news today and overeating vegan pizza is far better than eating meat or taking drugs, which is what I used to do when I felt like shite.

I really did get into the compulsion though... when I was on that last slice I knew there was no way I could fit it in but down it went... like the thoughts belonged to somebody else entirely. I haven't done that for a while though. I felt the cold for the first time today as well (9 degrees celcius), after my friends sister called to tell me he had mysteriously died yesterday; my blood ran cold from the shock and I spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch grazing on dolmades and fortune cookies... until eventually eating myself into oblivion.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Last time there was a shock death was when my cousin suicided two years ago... and I ate some roast chicken I had for the cat because he'd been sick and roast chook was all he could keep down. That was before I was vegan though, and now my resolve is much stronger. I used to eat meat to feel shame, knowing something died so I could eat made me feel worthless and sometimes that's what I want to feel... now I just overeat and whilst I think I look like humpty fkn dumpty I'll feel better tomorrow than if I'd eaten something dead or got drunk. Those kinds of after effects last alot longer...

Really sorry to hear bout your bad news adam antichrist. I always resort to overeating in times of grief. Things will get better though, they always do.
    Shock deaths are the worst, one of my old teachers I was good friends with died suddenly a couple of months ago - I resorted to binge drinking and smoking A LOT! I ended up alone and in a paralyetic state that night - only to wake up the next morning with MUMPS!
    Not saying that you should get mumps, but it helped me deal!
    I tend to overeat for comfort and also because of boredom, I don't eat all that well anyway. I've recently moved back in with my family, cut down on smoking and drinking and have put on weight due to bad diet. Ah well.

I used to have a problem binge eating when depressed, and to a lesser extent at other times. I have found since going vegan that my body desires less food, and I feel much healthier. Maybe the cravings were linked to malnourishment? I also has a severe sweet tooth, and cutting out milk chocolate has been very useful. I can't each much dark chocolate because it is so rich, and this of course stops me eating excessively. If I'm peckish I now tend to have a slice of granary toast with some marmite.

(ok, I realise Marmite is made by Unilever. I only found out this week and once it is used up I will get Vegemite instead)

Good sperm

I use Vegagel Evening Primrose capsules and they work pretty well. Worth looking out for.
    Be aware that St John's Wort affects the contaceptive pill-it can reduce its effectiveness so if you're on the Pill, don't take it.
    When I feel tempted to snack I find the best solution is like spjessop said, marmite on toast or a bit of dark choc which can only be eaten in small doses. Also not having snack-type convenience food in the house helps. I find if I fancy pizza but it means I have to make it from scratch, my laziness wins over my greed!
    Also I find drinking plenty helps. Alot of hunger is actually thirst. Since drinking 2-3 litres of water a day my appetite has reduced alot. Before you snack try drinking a pint of water or squash, it might stop the craving. Also I find (soy) milky tea can stop me feeling peckish, maybe it's more filling as a drink I don't know, or maybe it's the distraction of making tea that stops the craving.

Quote absentmindedfan
    ...a bit of dark choc which can only be eaten in small doses..
    Now this just shows me you've never had a real binge eating problem - I used to be able to get through 100g or more of Maya Gold in one sitting, no problem.

Quote twinkle
    Now this just shows me you've never had a real binge eating problem - I used to be able to get through 100g or more of Maya Gold in one sitting, no problem.
    And I thought that was just me. I had a low point the other day and sat in my car and ate a whole bar of Maya Gold in about 5 minutes. I didn't want to do it in the office. Felt terrible after.

Well what's done is done Adam - and you ate a whole big pizza to help you get through a very tough time. And like you said - cramming down a whole pizza is a better way of dealing with things than getting fkd up on drugs or getting messy drunk.

I hope you feel better over the coming days.

Love
    Roxy.

well i'm overeating atm. I have several bouts of it and I've had two bouts of bullemic behavior. GreAT. I thought I was over this. I'm feeling really shit right now. And angry.
    How ironic that even though I'm living on a diet (and lifestyle) that respects all living things but once I again I've lost the little respect I have for myself.

*Hugs*
    Lilith sorry you're having a bad time of it... sometimes I find it hard to respect myself and have done some bad things I wont go into.
    Not sure what to say but try to keep your spirits high, not eating well and binging may reflect other things in your life at the mo so i'm probably being totally ignorant, just wanted to wish you all the best anyway
    Also, just know that other people respect you, including me.
    Liz x

Hey Adamn antichrist,
    I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. It really sucks.
    You're just dealing with something terrible and like Roxy said, it's better to cope with a pizza than drugs.

Keep strong

Sometimes people who have great compassion for nonhuman beings, find it quite difficult to have compassion for themselves! As makoto says, "keep strong" adam.
    Eve