Thread: Vegan Bed & Breakfast in Montreal, Canada

Default Vegan Bed & Breakfast in Montreal, Canada

Hello,

I recently opened a Vegan Bed & Breakfast in Montreal.

Chez Philippe is a new Bed & Breakfast located less than a 10-minute walk away from Papineau Metro station. From Papineau station, you are just a few stops away from Downtown Montreal.

We offer four newly decorated rooms, two shared bathrooms, a large terrace to relax in the summer and full home cooked vegan breakfast, wich even non-vegan guests are raving about.

No meat, fish, dairy or eggs are used in the preparation of our breakfasts.
    Additionally we took particular attention not to use any animal products or by-products in the rooms amenities (no wool, no duvet, no silk), and in the bathroom toiletries.

For additional information, please check the website at:
    http://www.chezphilippe.info

Chez Philippe
    2457 rue Sainte Catherine Est
    Montreal, Quebec, H2K 2J9
    Canada

(514) 890 1666
    Toll free from US and Canada 1 877 890 1666
    Email: ChezPhilippeBB @aol.com

http://www.chezphilippe.info
    Vegan Bed & Breakfast in Montreal, Canada

great idea! ill definitely look it up if i ever go that way

drussell4801

chezphillip:

Good luck in your noble effort.

Wow, sometimes my husband travels to Canada for work. I've never gone with him. I wish I could go and visit your place!

Chez Philippe, Only Vegan, Environmentally-friendly Bed & Brekfast Opened in Montreal, Canada

November 16, 2004, www.emediawire.com

Chez Philippe is the only vegan Bed & Breakfast in Montreal. Eighteen months ago, Philippe Nicolitch was laid-off from his Director position in a large corporation. A year later, he opened ‘Chez Philippe’ a vegan, environmentally friendly Bed & Breakfast in Montreal, Canada.

Montreal, Quebec (PRWEB) November 16, 2004 -- Philippe used his background in the hotel business and money saved to transform his recently purchased townhouse into a comfortable 4 bedroom, 2 shared bathroom Bed & Breakfast. To give his home an extra edge, he decorated the guest rooms and dining room with minimalist urban furniture and bright colours. Guests can choose between the Mango, the Pineapple, the Blueberry, or the Kiwi room. All rooms have a full or queen-size bed, except the Pineapple room, which has a single bed and is priced accordingly to suit the single traveler.

Chez Philippe is the only fully vegan environmentally-friendly Bed & Breakfast in Montreal. All breakfasts are cooked using plant-based ingredients. Breakfast menus include specialties such as waffles, crepes, fruits puddings and fruit mousse, along with fair-trade teas and coffee. As much as possible organic produce are used in the preparation of the breakfast dishes. Non vegetarian guests enjoy the food and are amazed to discover what can be prepared without eggs or dairy.

The house is maintained using environmentally-friendly cleaning products. Considering the large amount of laundry and dishes required to run a Bed & Breakfast operation, it was necessary to select the right detergents so a small business would not have a bad impact on our environment. Philippe says: «Individual in-room recycling containers will soon be in operation, once I have found bins that fit into the room décor».

Chez Philippe is open year-round, and is located close to Montreal’s Papineau metro station.Guests can ride on the Metro or walk downtown. Close to Papineau metro station is Montreal’s Gay Village with bars and nightlife.

Philippe says: «I’m very excited about this opening. Vegan and vegetarian guests are delighted about the food, while guests on a more traditional ‘meat, fish, eggs, and dairy’ diet are amazed at what can be done without those ingredients. More often than not, they are the ones asking for recipes.»

Philippe Nicolitch is a graduate of the Paris Hotel School, France. For many years he worked for a large international hotel chain in both Europe and the United States. Philippe has traveled extensively to all continents. He now uses his hotel background, culinary training and travel experience to make his guests’ stay most enjoyable.

Chez Philippe
    2457 rue Sainte-Catherine East
    Montreal, Quebec, H2K 2J9
    Canada

tails4wagging

Oh Dam, I got all excited then, but it is a bit far for me in the UK!!!.

Can't wait to check this place out. We love Montreal especially the areas north. It is quite veggie-friendly in the Laurentian Mountains, about an hour north of Montreal. Plus, Montreal has an amazing chain of restaurants called Les Commensal that is a veg*n buffet served by the kilo. Loads of vegan options.

Great news ! Hope it's going well for you, I'll check you out first when I come over to Montreal this year (hopefully during jazz fest !)

Smile Vegan B&B in Montreal

email from Philippe about his beautiful bed & breakfast:
    Locally-grown seasonal organic fruit and vegetables are used as available. We offer fair-trade teas and coffee.

Although breakfasts are mainly prepared from fresh fruit suitable for vegans and vegetarians, allergies and special dietary requests (gluten-free, sugar-free, etc.) will be accommodated. Please let us know at reservation time. In the afternoon, simply sit back and relax with a selection of cookies and teas whilst enjoying the sun.

The web address is www.chezphilippe.info - they have been operating almost a year now and guests are delighted about the vegan breakfasts!
    Eve

Default Re: Vegan B&B in Montreal

I had emailed phillip awhile ago because both me and my husband love Montreal but unfortunately, the B&B does not allow children though I understand.

Default Re: Vegan B&B in Montreal

That's a disappointment all the same.
    Eve

Default Re: New Vegan Bed & Breakfast in Montreal, Canada

Hi all,

I was in Montreal a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriend and we stayed at Chez Philippe's. Just wanted to post and say it's a great little place, Philippe is a very nice host & cook, and the rooms/decor etc are very cool and modern. Definitely a place to check out if you need a place to stay in Montreal.

Wilson
    "I've been very hungry, but not enough to kill" - The Clash

Philippe -

Your B&B looks so very nice!

I love the simplicity of the rooms.

I have family in Montreal.... If I ever get off my lazy butt, I may go and visit them. And knowing that there is a place to stay where I won't have to worry about "is it vegan"....makes me want to visit my family even more!

I love how you incorporated all the good things....organic, fair-trade, non-smoking, & VEGAN all in one. It sounds like my kind of place!

I love the brick wall in the eating area!

Place looks great, food looks delicious!

Damn! I live in Montreal and I feel like staying there! hahah

Haha, ya, I live in MTL too, well, I moved out for werk, and altho my family is more than willing to accomodate me, I'm going to dish out the cash every once in while to stay there! I've visited the place and its gorgeous! Philippe is also very kind
    "Stand your ground this is what we are fighting for.." -VNV