Thread: show kids footage or not?

Default show kids footage or not?

I'm cracking up here. My two nephews (8 and 10 years old) saw my peta dvd and asked if they could watch it. I told the it was a bit too graphic for them and they kept bugging me. I decided to show then just the "10 reasons to become a vegetarian" and some of the commmercials, but veared away from "meat your meat" though they complained that they wanted to see it too.

Now my husband is giving me h*ll, saying that it should be up to my sister to show them this stuff.

Maybe he is right. I had to vent!!!!!!

Default Re: show kids footage or not?

My immediate response to this was....: Does he think it's worse to show them how animals are treated than actually feeding kids with meat from these poor animals? I agree that kids that age might not deserve too see how bad animals are treated, especially if the kids don't have an option to switch to vegan food afterwards - but feeding kids with the meat of these animals must be a lot worse, if he/they agree that just watching how these animals are treated (or just showing parts of the DVD related to factory farming and arguments pro/against eating animals) might be bad for their kids.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Quote Korn
    I agree that kids that age might not deserve too see how bad animals are treated, especially if the kids don't have an option to switch to vegan food afterwards
    I did show my sister the whole video and she began buying soy milk for herself and the boys told me today that they love the mocha soy milk. She has also started buying veggie burgers, dogs, ground round, etc. But her hubby and the kids still eat meat. I guess I can see why my hubby said it, cause she couls have opted to show them some of the video--instead she continues to buy them meat, yet she has pretty much gone veggie.

Just after I posted my last message, their mother (my sister) called. I told her what I did and asked her if she minded and dhe said that she really didn't care and that she would love it if they decided to become vegetarian.

She said that their father probably would be mad as she was reading some farming material to her oldest boy and her hubby told her not to read that stuff to him, that he didn't need to hear that crap!

I feel better knowing that at least one of the parents are ok with it!