Thread: nausea

Default nausea

does anyone have any tips for nausea? im often nauseous because of the pills im on and its hard for me to eat because everything seems so blech! chamomile tea and ginger help alot aswell as peppermint oil. any others? i was also wondering what foods are good to eat while nauseous that arent too heavy.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Peppermint tea is supposed to be good

Also, as far as food goes, when I am nauseous, I eat plain rice cakes. They are very bland so they dont trigger further nausea. I also like clear broth soup - maybe with noodles in it.

thanx

hi Foxy, i suffer from quite bad nausea as a side-effect of some nasty medication i was put on even though i stopped taking it a year ago. i use a herbal tincture called Melissa Comp. which is made by Weleda and contains angelica, cinnamon, melissa leaf, nutmeg and clove. i put a dozen drops in water and drink it slowly. i find it helps me most of the time. i don't know if you can get Weleda products where you live but i got it from a health food shop and hopefully a store near you might sell it or something similar.

foods i eat when i'm nauseous are usually ripe non-citrus fruits e.g apples, pears, cut into little pieces. i find raw nuts such as cashews easy to eat too.

Default Re: nausea

ugh im feeling nauseous again for this whole past week. i cant seem to get it to go away. i wonder if its maybe a bug i caught? (not in the literal sense, i meant a virus) does anyone have any ideas why i would be feeling nauseous?

I feel nauseaus when my blood pressure isn't right. I get giddy and feel like I want to throw up. Usually avoiding caffene helps and I eat a couple of bananas.

I heard eating ginger was good for nausea. I know you can get ginger pieces in bags from 'Lakeland' (UK) that are supposed to be good to nibble on car journeys etc..

Has anyone tried it?

When I was pregnant I had bad nausea - I found really little meals helped. Like a rice cracker with a tidgy bit of hummous. Fizzy water with a bit of lemon or grape juice helped, as did peppermint tea! Make sure you have a bit of protien with each mini meal. It will help.

Hope you feel better soon. If you are in the UK this daft weather may be playing a part of it.