Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Food you eat really often?

Beans made in the slow cooker is my current thing.

Beans and rice, beans and tortillas, beans and mashed potatoes, beans mixed with veggies. It's all about the beans right now.

cashews! i wish i could eat them all the time, but they are soo many calories!

vegan chocolate

Toast. Oh man. Two pieces of well browned wheat toast, margarined, then put with the margarine sides together to melt and get that perfect combination of crunchy and, uh, soaked.

And Multigrain Cheerios with almond milk. I never met a wholegrain carb I didn't like.

Baby carrots, mmmm...

I also became somewhat notorious round the end of last school year for going to the grocery store at open lunch, then coming back with one of those big bags of pretossed salad and eating it straight from the bag like chips. Love the big chunks of lettuce.

for mini cedarblue (daughter) its always mint sauce! she have it over everything if she could!

Talking

I also have a thing for tomato sauce (ketchup). I don't have it that often coz I eat a lot of Indian food, but when I have burgers or wedges I absolutely drown my food in the stuff.

Also blueberries...eventhough they cost so much I always end up buying them. They cost around $6 - $8 for a 150g punnet!!!! I eat them really quickly too!!!!

Quote slinkyvagabond
    ... and Multigrain Cheerios with almond milk ...
    Cheerios ... as in "made by Nestle"?

whats wrong with cherrios?
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

They contain Vitamin D3.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Quote foxytina_69
    whats wrong with cherrios?

ever heard of the 'boycott nestle' campaign, foxy?

Heres a wee bit about Boycott Nestle .

oh my
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Terra Chips...Chocolate...sour patch kids...terribly bad for me Dr. Pepper... vegan oreos type cookies...lots of stuff I can't really have...and the worst of all:
    Pineapple...cause it gives me mouth sores if I eat too much.

~Mel
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Tofu Monster - i have heard from another vegan website that Tesco have changed their jam doughnut recipe since their entry in the Animal Free Shopper and they now use eggs - please check with Tesco as some people who used to eat them have been very upset about this.

back to the thread - i looooove houmous and would eat it all the time if i could but then i'd be enormous!!!

i also have a thing for Green & Black's cherry chocolate but again, not something i can eat too much of!

slightly healthier though, i love chick peas and lentils in any sort of yummy sauce e.g. dhal.

I have a voracious sweet tooth. I love chocolate, cookies, Soy Delicious Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream. Love them sweeties....

Lately I've been eating a lot of pita bread and avocado. and granny smith apples. yum. and chocolate soy milk.
    "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"

Really often? I eat a good salad daily, usually 50% lettuce and sprouts, and the rest is fruits like tomatoe, pepper, cucumber, olives, and avocado. I work at a comapany with a raw vegan CEO so the cafeteria there always has organic produce in the salad bar. It's funny because I eat with coworkers in my group that sit there and complain about their tateless pus covered pasta and how tasteless and old it is, while I'm pigging out on my salad...of flavour and texture. At home I eat a lot of apples, oranges, banannas, avocado, and green salads.

Oh, I wanted to add, Nestle, yes an entity I will never support, but kraft is part of altria, a conglomoration of the lowest life forms on earth. Corporations that knowingly and willfully kill people are really off my list of ones to support.

Most days I eat Tofu I love the stuff I can get around here, Humouse is another regular as long as I am not going out any place two of my mate moan about garlic LOL so I moan about their blood stained teeth .

If I am out Hunt Sabbing a healthy stock of Bananas they keep the energy levels up, we tend to do a fair bit of cross country running and walking and hiding and arguing
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

I eat a bowl of mixed fruit every night when I get to work.

PinkFluffyCloud

Really often - Cucumber, Bananas (ooh er, both a bit phallic now I think on!!),
    also, Homous, and Sprouts of all types are a new favourite!!

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Really often - Cucumber, Bananas (ooh er, both a bit phallic now I think on!!),

steady pinkie

at the moment for me it is russet apples as they are in season, also ginger, pb and pitta breads.
    not all together of course

i've been eating loads of Baxter's French onion soup recently. most ready made onion soups contain beef but this one is labelled as vegan and it's lovely

of course i could make my own but i'm lazy
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote cedarblue

at the moment for me it is russet apples as they are in season
    Same here Cedar but I've been having a MacIntosh apple everyday. I love them and can only get organic Mac's this time of year. I've been on a bosc pear kick as well along with almond butter.

The foods I eat the most are:

pasta w/ a tomato sauce, oatmeal, pretzels (usually for lunch cuz that's all I can get from the vending machine at school), veggie stew, and rice, usually with frozen corn since I also put corn in everything I can.

In the summer I eat strawberries and watermelon constantly

I have a thing, I cannot eat ginger or anything with ginger!

Orange juice with lemon and lime juice to reduce the sweet, sometimes I freeze the juice and make an icey
    Granola with raisins and sometimes banana chips, sometimes with soy milk
    nachos with beans, salsa, avacado and sometimes tofu "sour cream"
    stir fried veggies over rice

I saw something at H.E. B the other day called Pita chips, I wonder if they are Vegan......

apricots
    figs
    dark chocolate (99%...mmmm)
    a lot of bread
    soy milk

Avocado's are a must everyday....mostly on granary bread with truffle mustard........in fact I find the truffle mustard so sooo heavingly yummy and moorish I tend to have too much and I loose my taste!!!lol.......

Pasta with peas and yofu......sometimes i change the peas for Baked beans, but always have yofu..........

And I have yofu instead of margarine on bread.....and yofu with loads of stuff

And to round off the evening some cider with a Dr Karg crisp bread ( onion or wholegrain )

tails4wagging

I'm into nuts in a big way at the moment, can't get enough of them!.

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote tails4wagging
    I'm into nuts in a big way at the moment, can't get enough of them!.
    I bet!

Default foods i can't get enough of

Lots and lots of avocados, sweet potatoes, humus, apples, bananas, rice & beans and vanilla soy milk. I’m looking forward to fall foods liked baked apples, stuffed onions and pumpkin pies!!
    "Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul" --Pythagoras

fresh fruit, especially oranges and apples; fresh fruit juice, smoothies, potatoes, lentils and other beans, ethiopian food (I'm a total addict), luna bars, tomatoes.

spinich, carrots, avacado, Fuji & Braeburn apples, all tossed into a salad with either garbanzo or black beans. that is usually my main meal.
    for snacking i have hummus (nothing beats fresh home made hummus with lots of garlic), and carrot sticks.
    HAIKU TIME

the mockingbird sits
    pomagranate tree in bloom
    patiently waiting

Default Cold cereal

I eat it every day. Granola, muesli, anything vegan and organic.

We go through phases... in summer we were all about tacos! every day i was eating them, soy "meat" soy cheese, tomatos, green onions, green olives and avacados.

I eat black beans a lot - especially in burritos with green onions, green peppers, green olives, green salsa, tomatos and guacamole.

Lately I have been really into red potatos and soymilk. Last week or so, soy yogert.

We have been eating gardenburger riblets and garlic mashed potatos for dinner a lot the last few months. and cookies, i can't get enough chocolate chip cookies.

drummer

Fruit - in the form of fresh fruit, dried fruit, fruit soy yogurt. Not a huge fan of cooked fruit, but its great in a good pudding.
    Home made museli is good, with no added sugar.
    Been eating a lot of whole wheat pasta this weeek - 3 times already. Had whole wheat spaghetti with tvp and home made sauce, then penne with a creamy soy cheese sauce, then today had whole wheat spinach fettuchine with home made pasta sauce and chunky nutmeat.

Does anyone here know if kellog's cereals are still GE? I rarely eat such processed breakfast cereals, they are just loaded with sugar, but I am wondering if they have rid themselves of GE ingredients yet.

Korn, what exactly is Streich?

I didn't know that Kelloggs cereals were GE - I used to ALWAYS eat mini wheats wholewheat for breakfast. If they are not GE, I would say that they would be a good choice as they are (I think) 100% wholewheat - no added sugar or anything - great with a sliced banana

Quote superfly
    spinich, carrots, avacado, Fuji & Braeburn apples, all tossed into a salad with either garbanzo or black beans. that is usually my main meal.
    for snacking i have hummus (nothing beats fresh home made hummus with lots of garlic), and carrot sticks.
    The salad sounds delicious. What do you use for dressing?

PinkFluffyCloud

I have started eating grated salad really often (twice every day).
    I am not keen on eating loads of whole leaves, so this is wonderful - wish I had discovered it sooner!!

Quote Tofu Monster
    jam doughnuts!

why oh why did my 'animal free shopper' have to mention that tesco doughnuts are vegan. the bastards!

*getting fat*
    OMG are they? really?
    < drools at the thought of donuts

damn i just saw gorilla's post, that sucks
    ah well.
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    I have started eating grated salad really often (twice every day).
    I am not keen on eating loads of whole leaves, so this is wonderful - wish I had discovered it sooner!!
    What is grated salad?

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote GwynneVeg
    What is grated salad?
    Just, literally, all the salad ingredients grated - cucumber, tomato, carrot, garlic, Chinese leaves, lettuce - then rip up some baby Spinach to add - and Hey Presto!
    It's a new texture and it makes the food last longer.

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote bulletproof
    OMG are they? really?
    < drools at the thought of donuts

damn i just saw gorilla's post, that sucks
    ah well.

I am sure the 5 packs are Vegan - they are in the shopper guide and in Tesco's latest Vegan guide (they will send it to you if you request one).
    Weirdly, though, the singles, and 10 packs are different.

Quote Banana
    Korn, what exactly is Streich?
    Hi Banana, Streich is a series of bread spreads made by a German company called Zwergenwiese, and comes in different flavors. The one I just had some of, for example, 'Schnittlauch', is made of sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, chives, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and spices.

More info here: http://zwergenwiese.de/eng/prod_streich.html
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

I eat apples and oranges every day, and often at least one serving of steamed vegetables per day.

Every day I have romaine, yellow onion, tomato, citrus, strawberries, blackberries, flax, walnuts, a brazil nut, green tea, some type of legume, and some type of crucifer.

Most days I have carrot or sweet potato, summer squash, scallion, apple, arugula, and spinach or chard.

Quote marika5
    Every day I have romaine, yellow onion, tomato, citrus, strawberries, blackberries, flax, walnuts, a brazil nut, green tea, some type of legume, and some type of crucifer.

Most days I have carrot or sweet potato, summer squash, scallion, apple, arugula, and spinach or chard.
    Do you ever eat grains or bread or whole grain rice?
    :p Gwynneveg

Sometimes, but not nearly as often as I used to. I wanted more vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protective phytochemicals, so I cut back on them. Throughout the very large majority of our evolutionary past, they were not a part of the diet and that there is no real requirement for them.

Quote marika5
    Sometimes, but not nearly as often as I used to. I wanted more vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protective phytochemicals, so I cut back on them. Throughout the very large majority of our evolutionary past, they were not a part of the diet and that there is no real requirement for them.
    I currently eat a "grain-based" diet and I really love it, but am curious about raw foods. Is that what you do?
    :p Gwynneveg