Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Food you eat really often?

Default Re: Food you eat really often?

wow that's great I love fruit too I have about three pieces a day. I know thats not very much, but my boyfriend hardly eats any so at least i've got one up on him lol.

LittleNellColumbia

Gosh you're all so healthy! oops it makes me look bad maybe ill up the fruit and veg intake abit more....... lol

sugarmouse

i go thru phases with food..atm i live off carrots n avacados..lol
    and pasta sauce..im weird i know...

Cucumbers...bananas...Avocados... Mmmmmm!

Talking Re: Food you eat really often?

I LOVE hummus and pita or carrots. Also pretty much any fresh veggy or fruit and I'm on it. I really love oatmeal with granola mixed in lately. I love nuts of all kinds, including nut butters. Also I really like tofu, it's a definate staple in my diet. Also I found some awesome vegan organic graham crackers, that, if they weren't super sweet, i would eat all the time. Also any whole grain, namely quinoa, I eat several times a day. But all of your ideas sound delicious as well, and I can't wait to try some of them!

Hummus, pita chips, red peppers, cucumbers, onions.

Way too much hummus and pita chips! I'm obsessed with it.
    You are not required to complete the task of repairing the world, neither are you free to abstain from it.
    --Pirke Avot

sugarmouse

tomatoes..carrots...avacados..toffuti and rice cheese...rice cakes...quinea..i make my own rice cakes when i can b bothered lol

Gorgeous sandwiches - fresh wholemeal bread, thickly spread with houmous, piled high with grated organic carrot and raw watercress or spinach .... mmmmmmn
    Vegan at last .. woo hoo!!

Lightbulb Re: Food you eat really often?

YUM that sandwich sounds divine! How do u make ur own rice cakes? They sound really good too!

Palm

Quote gertvegan
    Slightly off topic, a Kraft animation. http://www.krafty.org/flash/ Marmite rules.

That is horrible... and it makes me mad.

Default 3 food types I consume every day of my life - what about you?

1) Flax seed oil (or Essential Balance - www.omeganutrition.com)
    2) Apple cider vinegar
    3) Blackstrap molasses

What about you?

Default Re: 3 food types I consume every day of my life -what about you?

1. Probably whole wheat, in the form of bread, pita, pasta, couscous etc...
    2. I can't remember a day where I haven't had a tomato in some form or another
    3. Dates, but also lately, chocolate

spinach
    some type of whole grain...brown rice, whole wheat bread, bulgar, kamut....you know carbs....im a CARB ADDICT!!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Default Re: 3 food types I consume every day of my life - what about you?

Only 3? This is cruel!

Right then. My 3 are:

1) corn
    2) beets
    3) garlic
    It's vegan, which means it's vegetarian which means there's nothing unheathy in it. -- my guy trying to explain vegan junkfood.

1. Carrots
    2. Bananas
    3. Legume (of some sort!)
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Quote Banana

3. Dates, but also lately, chocolate
    Oh my...the guys at whole foods were laughing at me...
    I go there for two things. Medjool Dates and dried mango. I walked up to the place the dates are kept and NO MEDJOOL DATES!!!
    I had those guys checking everywhere. I drive an hour to get them and dang it they were going to find me some. I was craving all kinds of major.
    I bought two large containers of them. I am not sure of the size of the container but I would guess about 2 qt. of liquid can fit (not sure what that is in metric!)
    I also found some chocolate covered date rolls with coconut on them. Those didn't make it home. They were consumed on the ride back.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Seaside

1. Sugar

2. Salt

3. Ketchup

1. Coffee
    2. Non-Dairy Creamer
    3. Some version of bread

Thanks for the answers, this is very interesting to me.

Btw, you don't have to limit yourself to 3. I wrote down 3 because they are the only 3 things that I DO consume every single day of my life. In fact, they are the first three things I consume after I get up. I take them raw (one at a time, not mixed together...

P.S. I do not really enjoy eating. It's an obligation, not a choice. So I only eat the strict minimum in order to keep the body alive and relatively healthy.

Who doesn't enjoy eating???? I have NEVER heard of that!!!!! Please elaborate - I am fascinated.

zz sound exactly like a friend of mine... As for myself, I love eating and do a LOT of it!!

I definately eat cereal of some sort daily... I could literally eat it with every meal, but I'm not quite that ridiculous...
    GREEN TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drink copious amounts of this.
    Soy milk...me encanta!
    I wish I could consume dates daily... but as soon as I buy them, which can't be every day, they mysteriously disappear... down my throat.
    X

Seaside

Quote ZZ
    Btw, you don't have to limit yourself to 3.
    Oh, good.
    4. Mustard

Hey! You really got a sense of humour here... I like that!

Eating is like sex. Past the point of keeping the body alive, or past the point of procreation, you do it for other reasons. Sure, sexual intercourse is another way to express love and closeness between two individuals in love. But it is often used to express power or control, or to seek attention, or affection, or to fill a sense of insecurity. Wanting to be needed. Or punished.

Same thing with food. People eat past their needs in an attempt to deal with their sense of insecurity, of loneliness, of low self-esteem. To make up for things in their lives that they perceive as missing or not adequate.

I've been eating for more than 40 years. I don't use food to make up for other things. If I had a choice, I wouldn't eat. I could spend that time doing other activities. I don't use food except to keep this body of mine alive. I know the importance of a healthy physical body (and a healthy mental body too).

The body is like a vehicle. Take good care of it and you'll be able to count on it for a very long time. Unless your destiny is to die relatively young.

Seaside

Quote ZZ

Eating is like sex. Past the point of keeping the body alive, or past the point of procreation, you do it for other reasons. Sure, sexual intercourse is another way to express love and closeness between two individuals in love. But it is often used to express power or control, or to seek attention, or affection, or to fill a sense of insecurity. Wanting to be needed. Or punished.

Same thing with food. People eat past their needs in an attempt to deal with their sense of insecurity, of loneliness, of low self-esteem. To make up for things in their lives that they perceive as missing or not adequate.

I've been eating for more than 40 years. I don't use food to make up for other things. If I had a choice, I wouldn't eat. I could spend that time doing other activities. I don't use food except to keep this body of mine alive. I know the importance of a healthy physical body (and a healthy mental body too).

The body is like a vehicle. Take good care of it and you'll be able to count on it for a very long time. Unless your destiny is to die relatively young.
    My dad is like this. He's not particularly focussed on his health, but he is not extremely interested in eating. He is very creative, and keeps himself busy with stuff he doesn't want to take a break from in order to eat. Sometimes I get like this, but other times I do like to eat.

FR

I'd say everyday I have an apple, an orange, and soy milk.

LittleNellColumbia

Quote ZZ

Hey there! This is exactly how food is meant to be viewed, but over the years society has contorted its purposes. I am one who enjoys the tastes of foods, but id rather not have to eat it. I cant wait till im older, then maybe i will see food as more of a life-giver than a source of pleasure. Not that enjoyment of food is bad no way! but itd just be good to be satified with its life-promoting benefits more than its taste alone!

i eat cause its yummy

1.hemp oil
    2.nettle tea
    3.nutritional yeast
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Quote foxytina_69
    i eat cause its yummy
    I second that

1. Sugar (it's in everything, my soymilk, my cereals, my tea....)
    2. Oatmeal
    3. Bananas

Although I'm trying to make the following 3 a part of everyday eating:

1. Flax oil
    2. Kale
    3. Soymilk

yogini

carrots
    fruit
    soya

Talking Re: 3 food types I consume every day of my life - what about you?

Quote ZZ
    Eating is like sex.
    why does every topic around here turn into a sex conversation !!!

just kidding guys!!!

ok, im going back to the content issues thread now...
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Gliondrach

Tea.

Bread.

Various nuts and seeds.

Lately I've been eating a lot of white bread. Gah!

$1 for normal white bread verus $5 for Sprouted Grain bread. Keep in mind: Unemployed student!

Plant-based milk

Ground flaxseeds

Legume of some type
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

California! (Here I come, right back where I started from...)

I think the only things I eat almost every day are various food bars and carrots.

1) Alfalfa sprouts
    2) Soy Milk
    3) Nuts

I'm so hooked on sprouts that I've actually wondered if I could hinder my health with overconsumption? I eat half a carton a day. Someone tell me it's safe so I can eat a whole carton a day!!!

Like you, I have soymilk and nuts every day, but don't eat sprouts (other than brussels!). A third item I consume every day is green vegies of some sort and fruit. Sorry, that makes 4!
    Eve

1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
    3. Chocolate
    It's good for you, honestly

Regarding alfafa sprouts, I stopped eating such thing after I read an article about it some years ago. I used to eat it in salads.

I don't remember the source of the article, but after doing a google search on "alfafa sprouts health", I found this...

http://www.dhs.state.or.us/publichea...99/0212acd.cfm

"All consumers, particularly those at greatest risk for severe disease (very young children, the elderly, and immunocompromised persons), should consider this risk when deciding whether to eat alfalfa sprouts"

http://www.anapsid.org/sprouts2.html

"Still not convinced that alfalfa sprouts are not a suitable food in your iguana's diet? Read on - and you may eliminate them from yours!"

"As a raw agricultural product, alfalfa seeds in the field are exposed to potentially disease carrying rodents or birds"

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=2212

"Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis (swelling of the lining the heart) and arthritis"

ZZ!! I never knew. Thank you for sharing. I'm too stubborn to give them up right now. *hides face* I do wash them thoroughly, but I know that it wouldnt help that much?

And I know that even though I'm not in that section of the US, it could apply to me sometime as well.

Thank you for some background on them. I dont hear very much except how much of a dieretic they are & they make your hair grow like crazy. It got me excited. Now I feel sad.

__ __ __ __

Quote cafejane
    I never knew. Thank you for sharing. I'm too stubborn to give them up right now. *hides face* I do wash them thoroughly, but I know that it wouldnt help that much?

And I know that even though I'm not in that section of the US, it could apply to me sometime as well.

Thank you for some background on them. I dont hear very much except how much of a dieretic they are & they make your hair grow like crazy. It got me excited. Now I feel sad.

Why not just switch to Broccoli sprouts??
    They are 'suppose' to have 5 times the nutrients of regular broccoli, and they are REALLY good for you! I always put them on my sandwiches and salads..

check it out:
    http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/94/19/10367
    http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/press...EPT/970903.HTM
    http://www.broccosprouts.com/

: )

Sprouting is fairly easy.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Seaside

Yes, and home sprouting won't have salmonella or other contamination in it. Its not the sprouts themselves that are bad, but how they are handled and stored commercially. You can get sick from eating at serve yourself salad bars too, but its not because the veggies are bad, they just aren't clean.

California! (Here I come, right back where I started from...)

Quote Spiral
    1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
    3. Chocolate
    I must be the healthiest person alive. Add "chocolate", in various forms, to my list of daily foods.

Let's see....

Whole Wheat lavash bread
    potatoes
    tomatoes

Soy milk
    Flax seeds
    Nuts-walnuts or almonds
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Quote Spiral
    1. Chocolate
    2. Chocolate
    3. Chocolate
    Hee-hee I like that!

cafejane, when my mother was alive and i was sick, she would make me alfalfa sandwiches. it would be just cheese (ofcourse i would use vegan cheese now!) alfalfa sprouts and mayo (vegan mayo aswell) and it was so delicious. because of this thread and u talking about sprouts, im going to hopefully get some today so i can have some comfort food that i forgot about! thanks
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Awww Foxy, that sounds like such a sentimental moment!! I was raised by meat eater breeders. Sounds like she loved you to bits.

The things I eat every day* or nearly every day are:

High fibre cereal with fortified rice dream*
    clementines
    flax oil, strawberries, banana, pineapple and mango juice (in a smoothie)*
    garlic*
    tofu
    broccoli
    tomatoes
    coffee*