Thread: sprained ankle

Default sprained ankle

i sprained my ankle rather severely (really shocked its not broken) and it has severe bruising on it! its hard for me to walk. does anyone have any natural home remedies to help this sort of thing?

ConsciousCuisine

Arnica cream, externally and Homeopathic Sublingual Tablets of Arnica. (Note that the internal Arnica is not Vegan...it contains Lactose (milk sugar). Elevate the foot/ankle as much as possible. 1000 Mg. of MSM and 1000 Mg. of Vitamin C (like Emergen-C mix) together with 12+ oz. of water 2 times daily. Hylands " Strains/Sprains" Homeopathic Cream 3+ times daily. Herbal Salt Baths to increse circulation in the morning and evening. Let me know if you need any help.

Blessings!

R.I.C.E.
    Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
    Actually, I've hurt both my ankles an it sucks. Make sure you are getting calcium and vitamin D (from soymilk and sunlight). You want to avoid low-bone density. (Meat-eaters get it too)

ive already gone thru the rest ice compression and elevation. but its bin about a week now and its still screwed up. youre not suppoesd to ice it after 48 hours, after that time period u are supposed to use heat.

Yeah, Ice etc. is just to keep fluid from damaging the tissue. Btw, I just read the "milk" thread and it says that too much calcium is bad for you. Oh well, go see a doctor I guess.

yeah i did they dont really help that much :\ and with the calcium thing, i know! its a confusing issue.

Also, wear hi-tops or boots cuz I would always step the wrong way and be in intense pain on the street. Probably also slowing the healing.