Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A mini-note about language on the forum

Default Re: A mini-note about language on the forum

Quote Nivvie
    Are you stoned?

I say butt and bum.
    Bottom is also pretty polite here. Teachers tell children to sit on their bottoms. It's just wrong though. Your feet are your bottom, and if we're just talking torso, then why aren't your shoulders your top?
    Nah, I wasn't stoned, I'm like that a lot of the time.

Bum sounds better I think. BTW, anyone read The day my bum went psycho? In America they changed it to the day my Butt went Psycho.

The importance of the above fact = 0
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

Quote Tofu Monster
    twat, eh? well you are correct; although it can indeed mean a stupid person, twat is in fact another way of saying flange. or vagina, if you insist on getting technical about it.
    Thank you Tofu

So if twat if twat is feminine slang then, I have to admit I use masculine slang too sometimes. I might describe someone as being a dick (d*ck if the swearing thing picks that up) - meaning they are being stupid.

Quote Roxy
    Thank you Tofu

So if twat if twat is feminine slang then, I have to admit I use masculine slang too sometimes. I might describe someone as being a dick (d*ck if the swearing thing picks that up) - meaning they are being stupid.
    I have been known to use cock as well as dick

LOL!

Isn't cock and British word, though, for a rooster?

That's cockerel - well, since cock became cock, anyway.

(Unless you're from Lancashire where they call everyone 'cock'. A bit like 'mate'.)

Quote terrace max
    That's cockerel - well, since cock became cock, anyway.

(Unless you're from Lancashire where they call everyone 'cock'. A bit like 'mate'.)
    I'm from Burnley, but don't live there now. So I don't tend to use 'cock' in that context.
    It's using when I am driving along the lines of, "what a cock" or "cock-wit", my favourite variation on f*ck-wit.
    We do make up new swear words in our house; ones that make no sense, like f*ck brain

F*ck brain eh?

How about Fannyhead? nah. hmm, can you guys write dow a list of swearords you made yourself or are a bit different from the "normal" ones?

I need more variety to my insulting!
    People once thought my mother is a nut, but I once thought a nut was my mother! :D

My bf and I jokingly call each other made up swearwords all the time.
    We just use whatever comes to mind, although some can be a bit rude:

Fanny breath
    sh*t f*ck (lots of just swear word combos going on)
    Wally (not really a swear word) combined with tit, brain, head
    D*ck sh*t
    C*nt head
    Arse f*ck
    I call him c*ck sucker a lot (although he doesn't. Not that there's anything wrong with men who do )
    Smelly bum

We do also call each nice things - we just do the mean words to be silly and childish.

Can't think of many others.

Stu

Well you can just make them up, can't you?

Fartface.
    Turd muncher.
    Twat head.
    C*ntychops.
    Minge breath.
    Etc.

Quote Stu

Fartface.
    Turd muncher.
    Twat head.
    C*ntychops.
    Minge breath.
    Etc.
    Lol - you'd fit in well in our house.

F***face

Gobsh*te

Buttmunch

Tithead

F***wit

Twat Attack (a large number of twats)

Arse-piece

The most outrageous insult i've heard is when i friend of mine lost his rag with the boss and told him he had a face like a bag of smaked twatts. The boss was rendered speechless and so was i. Inevitably, my friend got the sack but he felt suitably smug!!
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Quote Stu

Fartface.
    Turd muncher.
    Twat head.
    C*ntychops.
    Minge breath.
    Etc.
    Minge breath couldn't be an insult could it??
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Quote Roxy
    Thank you Tofu

I called someone a dick at work today. To me, it means more of a jerk, than someone being stupid. like a prick or an ass!

you can also "dick around" which means screw around, waste time, give someone the run around.

I thought I made up the word f*ck wit!

We make up names in our house too... One of late is "wank-pot"

I thought I made up the word f*ck wit!
    I'v used that for a long time

the name of this thread should have a warning for the faint of heart :P

I luuurve f*ck wit, it's a great insult!

I like dick wad

My boyf and I got together (as in went out for a drink, nothing ruuude) on a Saturday (and barely knew eachother before this point) and I can remember extremely clearly that on the following Wednesday (4 days later) he left me a message on my answerphone to call him and the opening line was 'hello s**t c**t which I nearly wet myself laughing at. I had tears in my eyes with laughter. He now rarely calls me that but I think that foul language if used in appropriate circumstances (ie without anybody that might be offended listening in) is often fabulous and I encourage it wholeheartedly. We're getting married next year... the guy clearly knows how to pull.

AAaaah Tipsytop what a bee-ootiful story!
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

Really? You think so? I do, totally, but I thought people might just think we're a bit odd. he cracks me up - he pretends to bully me sometimes and I say (in a downtrodden way) 'sorry Trevor' as in Trevor in 'Eastenders' (wife beater). And please don't all chastise me for this - it's a joke. I FULLY understand the issues surrounding this - but it's nice just to be a teeny bit non 'pc' onstuff sometimes.

I completelly agree, and while I was being a teeny bit ironic in my previous thread, it was mostly that I do think its really sweet and funny too, after all its so obvious that you felt incredibly comfortable around each other straight away. I think you've got a good point about swear words, and non-pc stuff to, its a different issue when between close friends etc than when in 'public. If you know a person will take it for how you mean it then its different- its not always an offence or insult.

Around here "twat" only means vagina. If you called a woman a twat it would mean that she is nothing more than a vagina. And if you ever come to the USA, Stu, never use the word "c.u.n.t."(damned censoring). I'm no prude and I don't think that I've ever used the word.

I agree. The vast majority of the time it would be unacceptable (and rightly so!) but on occasions I too feel it's ok.

On a separate (ish) note, I was accused of being ageist recently on this forum (I felt it was COMPLETELY unjust) for stating what I felt (and still feel) is a valid opinion.

Quote John
    Around here "twat" only means vagina. If you called a woman a twat it would mean that she is nothing more than a vagina. And if you ever come to the USA, Stu, never use the word "c.u.n.t."(damned censoring). I'm no prude and I don't think that I've ever used the word.

Yes, I agree. That is definately the worst cuss-word you could ever, ever say here in the US. It is rarely said by anyone, ever.

Allthough I have to confess that I use it occasionally and i get a real shock value out of it. I have made sailors blush! Damn British movies and boyfriend have desensitized it for me!!

I also once practically started a brawl at a millineum New Year's party by using it in a sentance to this total jerk. It wasn't even my house, I didn't even know him and he asked me to "tidy up a bit" as the place was getting messy! I leaned over and whispered in his ear in a very breathy voice, "Just because I have a c*nt, doesn't mean that I am going to "tidy up for you." He was incredibly shocked and offended and made a huge deal out of it. My boyfriend was furious with me because he practically got decked by the guy (who went straight to my boyfriend to report my disrespect to him with my "trailor trash mouth." He announced to the entire party what I had said, my female friends thought I was a goddess since the guy was being such a prick and I had the guts to say something to him. He even left the house and went door to door at 4AM around the neighbourhood asking for cigarettes, tried to make a sandwhich and left the cheese with a knife in it on the kitchen floor, tried to get into the bedroom we were in in the middle of the night (which didn't have a lock, but I had blocked the door) and we found out later he was doing cocaine in the garage! Not our scene...

One place i do see it used is amongst some of the very left wing feminist groups here. they have "reclaimed" the word so to speak and I am totally in on it.

That sounds like a perfect use of the word Wildflower! And there you have the exact point of having swear words as swear words and not just regular words - for shock value and poetic justice so to speak.

Tombstone

Quote Korn
    Dear vwee-ga-bwins,
    I just got this post from one of our members:

There is a built in function in the board software the replaces some words with asterisks.

I've heard that some search engines looks at the content of a site, and if it finds that the site contains a lot of words like ****, **** and **** , the site will never make it to the top of the search result list.
    Okay cool. So to clarify, I can say whatever words I want, but some of them will automatically get censored? I don't need to watch my language at all? I am not asking this so that I can be abusive towards people, I just want to use everyday language and feel relaxed.

Quote Tombstone
    Okay cool. So to clarify, I can say whatever words I want, but some of them will automatically get censored? I don't need to watch my language at all? I am not asking this so that I can be abusive towards people, I just want to use everyday language and feel relaxed.
    hear hear!

Quote pixeequeen
    That sounds like a perfect use of the word Wildflower! And there you have the exact point of having swear words as swear words and not just regular words - for shock value and poetic justice so to speak.
    I enjoyed it!

Stu

Quote Wildflower
    We make up names in our house too... One of late is "wank-pot"
    Nice work Wildflower! I shall henceforth be applying that word, as and when an appropriate situation arises.

Mozbee

What about that word that we all seem to use frequently on here that's a bit of a 'smear' word, although through our eyes could be seen as a swear word!

Omni

Mozbee

Talking Re: A mini-note about language on the forum

Quote Nivvie
    I say butt and bum.
    Bottom is also pretty polite here. Teachers tell children to sit on their bottoms. It's just wrong though. Your feet are your bottom, and if we're just talking torso, then why aren't your shoulders your top?
    The other thing about teachers is they pretend farts don't occur!

Even the young ones are like that - weird eh! Adults not being able to admit to natural bodily functions, how sad.

& ofcourse to them fart is a swear word!

f*cking h*ll korn! i th*nk y*u're sl*ightly ov*rdo*ing it w*th th* c*nsorsh*p n*w!

tails4wagging

Quote Tofu Monster
    f*cking h*ll korn! i th*nk y*u're sl*ightly ov*rdo*ing it w*th th* c*nsorsh*p n*w!

Language timothy!!!!!!!!!!

Mozbee

Maybe Korn can't type the response to that one Tails !

Mozbee

Oh Korn, I'm s*rry

l*l!
    h*h, c*ns*rsh*p *s *nn***ng!

I'm pretty sure (not 100% though and too lazy to look it up) that the 'C' word is Old English or something and was used as an ordinary descriptive word, not as a swear or insult.

I found it used in an old (or pseudo-old) charm for helping heavy menstrual flow:

"Lady of Blessings, bring her peace,
    bring calm and strength to all her ways.
    Cleanse her mind of shame and pain,
    still the flowing c*** of blood."

Pillock (although not that offensive) was apparently a 16th Century term for a penis.

I'm full of useless information today.

Quote Mozbee
    Oh Korn, I'm s*rry
    Cheap joke but i like it

Quote Tofu Monster
    Pl**e sh*t **, ********* you'll **** **** **** *** k*rma, *** **** *e*** *v** see ***** chi**s ** skat****rds e*er a***n!
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

l*l K*r*

Quote Korn
    Pl**e sh*t **, ********* you'll **** **** **** *** k*rma, *** **** *e*** *v** see ***** chi**s ** skat****rds e*er a***n!
    please translate?

Quote Stu
    Nice work Wildflower! I shall henceforth be applying that word, as and when an appropriate situation arises.
    Best when applied 3 times daily - with or without food!

Tha swear words have all gone to yous'es heeed's! you haas all gun kerazee! Though I like the pretty stars, they may make no sense at all but they do make the thread look darn pretty!

Mozbee

What happens if you want to type in how someone with a speech impediment pronounces the animal 'duck' and thuck is simply not hitting the spot!

Stu

Phuck?

Zool

or Fuhk.

Mozbee

Stu you've cracked it then if you want to tell all on the vegan forum about how you told a meatseller to "**** Off!" but it won't let you try typing "Phuck Off!" instead

Stu

I like it! I shall henceforth be adopting this approach.

I also like "Fook".

i'm posh so i say 'Fark Orf'.

Quote Tofu Monster
    i'm posh so i say 'Fark Orf'.
    I have never heard a posh person say that, they would say "would you please depart from my company as you making me a triffle angry" ummm maybe i dont know enough posh people to comment so i will shut up