Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it easy to live as a vegan in New Zealand?

Default Re: Is it easy to live as a vegan in New Zealand?

Yay indeed for more kiwis on here - where did you all come from?? lol I haven't posted here for ages, used to feel like there were only a couple of others who never posted much either.

Quote jodyk View Post
    Another good discovery I made is a peppermint filled dark chocolate bar from Sylvia Park Pak n Save called Fry's Peppermint Cream. Costs 2.60 for a small bar, but a nice treat for special occasions.
    OMG! that sounds so good! I was planning a trip to Sylvia Park tomorrow but with this extremely bad weather forecast I think I'll have to stay rugged up at home hopefully it'll be a bit better on Sunday!

JodyK - I've bought the marshmallow mix, but now I need to get a candy thermometer.

puressence - thanks for the Organic Raw Blue Agave nectar tip. I found some at Commonsense Organics, and it's really good!

I don't suppose anyone knows a store in Porirua that carries Frye's frozen "hotdogs"? I'm in Kapiti, and the store that had them here stopped carrying them. I can find the sausages, but I don't like them.

This may be old news, but I am able to get vegan hair dye - no animal testing or ingredients - online from Huckleberry Farms. Tints of Nature. I've never used it before so we'll see how it goes...

And lastly the Show Link grocery near Courtenay Central in Welly sells frozen "Green Meat" brand fake pepper chicken that is the best mock meat I have ever had in my life. I actually don't eat much fake meat, despite my hotdog question above. But I do keep it on hand for when I'm in a hurry. The pepper chix is amazingly good in a pita with fresh veggies.

I am from Wgtn originally though not living there now.

I made those marshmallows a few times when that kit first came out, sooooo messy but at least they turned out yummy, although they were rather soft.

I have used tints of nature quite a few times, makes my hair really nicy and shiny. I haven't dyed my hair in months, need to do that soon! Homestead Health, Commonsense organics etc also sell it.

That chicken stuff looks good, I feel like eating something like that now.

Every time I think I can't find something locally, it turns out I missed it at Commonsense Organics. I will check the one in Paraparaumu for Tints of Nature so I don't have to pay for shipping. Thanks.

qwerty

I find it pretty easy here in Wellington, I've been to a vegan resturant called 'Aunty Menas' twice in Cuba St (I just moved to Wellington this year). And I think I heard on the radio that another (vegetarian not vegan) one has or is going to open soon.

Plus I live a 30minute walk away from an organic store that I forget the name of.

I don't know if I'm losing my mind, but I thought I'd seen something about the actual marshmallows being available at the SAFE shop on K Rd (as well as the DIY kits...), but when I looked in their online store just now I only see the kits. Hmmm. Well, I'm popping out there tomorrow so I guess I'll just find out when I get there. I'm kinda too lazy to use a kit lol.

Aww just when the kiwi vegans were coming out of the woodwork they disappeared again.

I'm still here! I eagerly check the board for posts from kiwi vegans

I visited Wellington recently and went a surf club near the airport (Matanui?) and they had some great vegan food.

Haha I keep checking too, but then don't post anything (so bit of a contradiction!) and then forget to log in again for ages and blah blah

I want to go to Wellington and try some of these yummy food places people have been talking about! Last few times I've been, have never had time to eat out at places I wanted to go to (always the way..).

Quote qwerty View Post
    I find it pretty easy here in Wellington, I've been to a vegan resturant called 'Aunty Menas' twice in Cuba St (I just moved to Wellington this year).
    I love Aunty Menas, especially the nasi goreng ayam, sooooo good!

Quote Aims View Post
    I don't know if I'm losing my mind, but I thought I'd seen something about the actual marshmallows being available at the SAFE shop on K Rd (as well as the DIY kits...), but when I looked in their online store just now I only see the kits. Hmmm. Well, I'm popping out there tomorrow so I guess I'll just find out when I get there. I'm kinda too lazy to use a kit lol.
    Yeah they use to sell the actual marshmallows too, apparently they stopped cause of the short shelf life or something.

Has anyone tried the sweet williams white chocolate bar? my sister found it in new world, i'm going to get her to send me some cause I love white chocolate. I've had rice milk stuff but never soya, I like all the other sweet williams products so i'm sure this will be good too.

Sweet Williams white chocolate is YUUUUUUUUUUUM!
    Im addicted to it

I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE AUNTY MENAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the vegan laska greatly! Oh how I wanna have some. (im in London thu)
    I used to eat that everyweek at least without fail.

Oh i ordered one of those marshmellow kits yesterday .. so hoping it arrives so i can make them this weekend *exciting*.
    Oh and yes RJs is yum i may have just had some after lunch today .. bought a three pack thinking i would just have one and keep the rest for a rainy day but no 5 mins later i had scoffed the lot. LOL. And no before you ask im not overweight quite on the contry i am 5ft9 and only 52kgs. Ehehehe.
    So glad to hear from fellow kiwis !! Although i'm in chch and am rather jealous of all the places you have mentioned in auck. Might have to take a long weekend to just try all the vegan places .. Mmm. I generally come up on work once a month but dont get the chance to pop in to any of the shops *sobs*
    Oh i generally buy all my vegan products off the net as i have very sensitive skin and basically even hot water it will react to some times .. but i stepped foot in lush on my lunch break today and $65 later i now have a new vegan shampoo, conditioner, soap and hair product... Looking forward to trying them out .. they smell just devine .. I'm such a female getting exciting about trying a new vegan shampoo *blushes* :P

^ Lyns, the impression I get (from those vegetarian society email newsletters! hehe) is that Chch is a pretty awesome vegan-friendly place? Although maybe it was just the talk of all their vegan meetup groups and such that made me think that. Do you guys have much in the way of vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants? Have looked on happycow in the past but can't remember now.

lol btw, I think Lush has the power to turn anyone into an excited girl... their stuff is sooooo yummy and fantastic. I'm in love with their bubble bars. They sent me a half shampoo bar as a sample with an order a while ago, can't remember the name of it but it smells amazing!! It's green and has like little bits of herbs and twigs in it... froths up way better than the liquid shampoo I've been using forever too. Haven't tried their solid conditioner though, would you mind giving us a little review once you've used it?

Quote lily80 View Post
    Yeah they use to sell the actual marshmallows too, apparently they stopped cause of the short shelf life or something.
    Ahh yeah that makes sense! I think you can order them already made online from that angelfood (or some similar name) shop.. it's a kiwi place.

Got to try that Sweet William white chocolate now. Last time I went out that way I never got to the SAFE shop though so still haven't had a chance to get some.

I agree 100% about Lush! I like their stance on packaging etc too, and although it's pricey stuff tends to last ages. I use the solid shampoo and conditioner and I think they're great. The conditioner took me a few goes to get used to: I only rinse briefly after using.

Last night I made good old Edmunds Cookbook chocolate fudge using olivani and rice milk - not bad at all! Certainly more successful than my marshmallow attempts...

Smile Re: Is it easy to live as a vegan in New Zealand?

Quote Aims View Post
    Got to try that Sweet William white chocolate now. Last time I went out that way I never got to the SAFE shop though so still haven't had a chance to get some.
    .. I have a bar of the Sweet Williams White Choc at home that i intended to use in baking but decided to just use original instead. I can courier it to you if you arent able to get to the SAFE shop in the next few days .. Can't have you missing out on this yummy vegan choc now can we. PM me your courier addy if you want me to send it to you.

Hope you are having a great day. The weather is crap here in chch today so i dont mind working unlike earlier in the week when the sun was beaming through the office window. I hear its raining in Auckland today ?

True, the weather in Auckland is on again off again rain. But I am sure it's colder in Christchurch! Such a lovely city but I would have to harden up significantly to even visit there in winter, let alone live there I'm excited about this white chocolate now - tomorrow is going to involve a trip to SAFE for sure.

OMG chocolate fudge! I'll have to try that now - haven't used the Edmonds Cookbook for anything in years. How exciting
    Have started thinking about stuff to bake and make into little gifts for family coming round on christmas day... fudge is really good for that sort of thing.

It's sunny outside right now! but chilly wind :\

Hooray for Lush even my dad is interested now - was telling him about that shampoo the other day and he wants me to get him some now.. haha. I wonder if they have one that's good for dandruff/flaky scalps. off to the website to look..

Talking Re: Is it easy to live as a vegan in New Zealand?

Quote Aims View Post
    lol btw, I think Lush has the power to turn anyone into an excited girl... their stuff is sooooo yummy and fantastic. I'm in love with their bubble bars. They sent me a half shampoo bar as a sample with an order a while ago, can't remember the name of it but it smells amazing!! It's green and has like little bits of herbs and twigs in it... froths up way better than the liquid shampoo I've been using forever too. Haven't tried their solid conditioner though, would you mind giving us a little review once you've used it?
    I agree the vegan shampoo bars i bought ( karma komba + ultimate shine ) are waaaay better than liquid shampoo. They froth up to the high heavens !! Hmm now in regards to the solid vegan conditioner i bought ( jungle conditioner ) ... thought i'd use it a few times before spilling my thoughts .. first time i used it i rinse as per liquid conditioner and immediately afterwards my hair felt dry (but yet still smelt good enough to eat) although once it was dry and i'd put my new lush vegan product (king of mods) in it ... it was amazing !! I now with the conditioner only rinse quickly/briefly after rinsing and that seems to work alot better. My hair is now the softest its ever been (and my hair is very thick !) so that review concludes .. you should go and buy some !!

From what you guys have said, I think I'll give the conditioner a try. Mmm a fully Lush-smelling head of hair must rock - haha I think the conditioner I currently use sorta overpowers the shampoo (although that does smell very nice too, quite minty).
    Might head out there in a couple of weeks, will be needing more bubble bars by then anyway. (plus the other week I was hoping they'd have some of their christmas range in already but they didn't.... REALLY want some more gold, frankinsense and beer shower jelly lol)

Heyo. Discovered a lot more since I first posted. Firstly, tried the Angelfood Marshmallow kit,they were ok, but I didnt have a candy thermometer, so I think they could have been better. Had lunch at the SAFE Shop on K Road one day, had a vege pie, was a bit too funky for me, prefer plain stuff, got some Soyland or Soyking or something Cream Cheese from foodtown, was quite good considering, have to make it last though.... Also got Soy Cheese from the SAFE Shop, good except it doesnt melt which I would have prefered. Eta do a Lite Salad Dressing which is vegan and not too bad, so I recommend that. Also, got some Vegan Jelly from the SAFE shop, sets in a half hour which is wonderful, got white chocolate too, and its not too bad, bought a hundred gram bar for five bucks which was a bit much so the next time I spent 10 and got a kilo of buttons which I melted down So its not too bad being a vegan in NZ, got some Nutritonal yeast and made some Mac Cheese, made heaps and froze some, but somehow I dont think I will ever eat it. Also, using Signature Selects Lite Butterchicken Simmmer Sauce, I have sucessfully made Butterless Chickenless Butterchicken which is basically sauce wiith a bit of onion, extra spices, and Soy Milk, served with CHappatis and Basmati Rice... So I'm a pretty boring Vegan, and am probably unhealthy as heck, but I'm happy, which is all that really matters, although, being 15, I still get a fair bit of crap from the family, although better now, almost seems as though they accept me

Hi Care Bear Gal - you seem to be impressively exploring a range of vegan options - doesn't sound boring at all! I really admire you for being vegan at 15 with a non-vegan household. I live with four others but I am the main cook and grocery shopper so they are all pretty much whipped into veganism TODAY I am going to safe for white chocolate - though I take your point, 5 bucks for 100g is not a exactly an everyday buy...

Yeah that's awesome you're being vegan at a young age in a household that doesn't really get it, good for you And truely, it can be a long learning process.. not just for vegan food but cooking in general. I'm sure you'll be a pro before long (the butterless chickenless curry sounds great!) - I found feeding myself became cheaper as time wore on and I didn't miss cheese and stuff anymore.. those substitutes can be nice sometimes, but are a bit of a rip off. Haha one day in Pak N Save I saw these veggie sausage rolls.. fake meats gross me out but I was so excited because sausage rolls were my fave growing up. Didn't even look at the price, and then later the checkout lady said "ooh, interesting - what are vegetarian sausage rolls like?" and I said I didn't know yet as it was my first time trying them, and she goes "well for $8 for 4, I hope they're good!!". Eeeek! Oh well, turns out they were ok but kinda greasy and a bit too realistic in the sausage department so won't be buying them again

(one time my sister and I got those tofu hotdogs and just about puked they tasted so real.. haha)

Bleh, speaking of Pak N Save... I really need to go grocery shopping today. Weekend crowds at the supermarket fun.

Teehee. Havent seen the sausage rolls, but I saw some hot dogs, but was completely put off by the price, I usually get a 6 pack of Bean Supreme Rosemary and Sage Sausages, which lasts me 6 weeks I do sometimes get scared when eating products like that, I was really terrified for a few minutes that my mother had added cows milk to my soy milk etc, but I found that familiar soy scent which was a huge relief

Hehe, that remind me of the episode of The Simpsons where Apu sells hotdogs, and Lisa gives in to the taunts of her family so tries one, and discovers its tofu... Good ol' Vegetarians...

What do y'all eat for protein and stuff? Oh, and also, have any of you seen any Maggi Onion Stock at your local supermarkets? Me local foodtown used to have it, but they dont anymore. Would love some, used to substitute the chicken flavour in Indomie Mi Goreng Noodles for it, but I ran out

Quinoa is a good source of protein and goes well with all sorts of things. You can buy it from some supermarkets and many health food shops. You cook it like rice (it's a grain but it's more like couscous than rice I reckon) and you can stir it though roast veges or put it in salad or put stir fry on top of it... It's probably my favourite protein, but I also eat tofu, kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils... all the classics

I'll check Victoria park New World for your onion stock Care Bear Gal - I bet they have it - they have everything!

I got some white chocolate from safe yesterday and it was good.

^ ooh I've had a packet of quinoa sitting around for ages but haven't done anything with it yet. I HAVE to give it a try. Had printed out specific recipies, but I think from the sounds it's easier to just mix in with some of the stuff I already eat, like what you listed.
    Mostly my protein comes from soy, beans, lentils, chickpeas etc.. yum yum

Quote Care_Bear_Gal View Post
    Hehe, that remind me of the episode of The Simpsons where Apu sells hotdogs, and Lisa gives in to the taunts of her family so tries one, and discovers its tofu... Good ol' Vegetarians...
    hahhaha .. I love that one (was it also in that episode where they're dancing around the backyard conga line style, chanting "you don't make friends with salad!" ?) - the bit where Apu explains that he's vegan and Lisa is all "oh you must think I'm a monster for eating dairy" and he's like "yes.."

Oooh havent tried that... Might have to as I feel rather unhealthy!!! Did they have it? They do have a lot, got some Care Bear socks from there a couple of years ago, they fitted a treat despite being for seven year olds hehe

Oooh I need more white chocolate.... might have to force my mom to get some on Saturday

Oh yeah hehe, that chants catchy. I think I was a meat eater last time I saw that... Will probably look at it differently next time I see it. Hehehe Apu's a crack up:P

TGA All Day

I find being a vegan in NZ pretty easy too. Like Care Bear Gal, I'm 15 and come from a non-vegan family so I have to make my own meals and stuff, and I manage to find sutible substitutes for things. I live in Tauranga, which has a very basic, but bearable range of vegan stuff, although eating out is difficult, I always order the same falafel on rice with hummus and salad!

Awesomenesss... First fifteen-year old Vegan I've ever heard of!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuVegan15

Quote Care_Bear_Gal View Post
    Awesomenesss... First fifteen-year old Vegan I've ever heard of!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhh, I don't live in New Zealand, but i'm 15 and a vegan also. (16 in 6 days, yayyyy)

TGA All Day

Hah Yay for 15 year old vegans.!

Random thought:
    I didn't know SAFE were doing tv ads till I saw one about pigs/factory farming last night on tv2. Good stuff! I hope it got some people thinking (ie: thinking more than "oh ok I'll buy organic".. )

TGA All Day

Yeah I saw that a while ago. I didn;t know it was still playing. It's a really good ad. The music fits really well!

Hey, I just realised while mucking round at the checkout reading labels last night that skittles (made in Aust) are vegan. Well, that's what I think I realised... unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

Sorry - I don't know about the skittles, but wanted to add...

I ordered vegan goodies from SAFE online today. Including vegan white chocolate (which I've never had - can't wait for it to arrive). I didn't know they sold online. Great for those of us outside of Auckland. It may be listed here elsewhere but the link is www.choosecrueltyfree.org.nz

Also SAFE is getting ready to do their annual appeal - Dec. 19 and 20. They can always use more collectors if anyone has an hour or more to help out.

Yeah skittles in new zealand are vegan. Not in the UK though unfortunatley for me!

Loads of Whittikers (sp?) choc is vegan too. I get my mum to send my blocks of it regularly!

And Whittakers (I just looked up how to spell it have recently released a bittersweet peanut slab which is vegan - ask your mum to keep a lookout.

Jessica the white chocolate pretty exciting! I'm glad you can order online.

^ I found out about that peanut slab completely by accident... was in town one day and was feeling a bit weird from slight dehydration - really needed something sweet.. was in a random dairy buying a bottle of water and spied the peanut slabs. Read the back and was like "YEAH!!"... hahaha.

My fave vegan chocolate is the dark choc from Trade Aid though. Soooo good. I've had the Whittaker's dark Ghana (or something along those lines - whatever the vegan one is in the big blocks) and it wasn't as good.

On a completely different note: does anyone know a good place to find a non-leather handbag? I'm kinda picky in that I really want one with a longer strap... yeah, not so easy to find at the moment. I went to one of those little stall type things in the middle of the mall the other day, they have very cheap bags so I figured they must be pleather. Saw one I really liked, but couldn't find a label inside that said what it was made out of, so I asked the girl at the counter and she was like "it's 30% leather..." - I asked her what that meant but I don't even think she knew. When I told my mum she said it might mean the strap is leather, because it lasts longer??

So bleh, I dunno. Will pop into Kmart and The Warehouse tomorrow.. the 'cheaper' stores tend to have more fake leather stuff, like No.1 Shoes (ugh I won't get started on shoes though...lol).

Ok gross I can smell someone's BBQ stench wafting through my window. Time to find somewhere else to sit.

Hi, just thought I'd mention a few websites that you might be interested in. Some of you could be running these sites for all I know!!
    www.meatfreemedia.com (I've enjoyed the podcasts)
    http://aucklandvegan.wordpress.com
    http://vegannz.blogspot.com/
    Sorry Aims, I can't offer any helpful handbag hints. I use a backpack...

Oh cool, that vegannz blog has some really yum looking recipes.
    am craving sausage rolls now.... (have you tried those frozen ones? erm, forget the brand, but they are vegan.. they're really greasy and have a weird aftertaste *sigh*)

I am completely thrilled to come across this thread! I've been a vegetarian my whole life, became vegan a few months ago and mostly been on forums with predominantly US vegans, so it's AWESOME to find some kiwis and hear some NZ specific advice and recommendations.

Hi theodamus, good to see you here. I have been vegan since 1/1/08. I was vegetarian before that. I look forward to getting some Tauranga vegan friendly cafe recommendations from you, as I have a bunch of rellies who live there and I go there every so often...

Hi jodyk, I'm afraid I'm on a journey of discovery here in Tauranga myself - I'm here for the holiday season visiting my parents but normally live in Auckland. I'm pretty new at this vegan thing but I am discovering some cool places slowly - Shiraz cafe here is accommodating, and I found the Bethlehem Health and Tea Shop yesterday which has heaps of vegan products including Cheezly and Angelfood and much more. I will let you know as I find more
    It's cool to read the Auckland suggestions on this thread, some I'd discovered myself and some I had no idea - but I'm always open to more if you have any other recommendations! I will be heading back up there in January.

Aims I know you said don't get you started on shoes... but I would like any helpful hints you can offer. When I buy shoes I am 100% looking for comfortable walking, and I find the budget shoes / fake leather do not tend to deliver. I have a pair of chucks which I don't find them very comfy. Any thoughts? Anyone? thanks

Yeah that's my problem too - just in general I've always been one for terrible blisters with new shoes anyway, so now being stuck with all these cheap shoes they're usually really uncomfortable by default. I'm not a huge shoe buyer for this reason, that's mostly why I said don't get me started lol.. it's a frustrating thing.

I do have some chucks though and I find them pretty comfy - any time I do TOO much walking I get sore feet regardless, so I don't really blame my chucks for that. Before I got a pair of those, I had some No Sweats.. they took a lot longer to feel comfy, and they fell apart so quickly!! I've heard those Black Spots are quite good though? You can get them at the SAFE shop but not sure where else.. there's probably other stockists around.

The handbag dilemma was sorta solved at Kmart - don't love the bag I ended up getting, but it'll do until I see something better. Shoes and Handbags... most girls I know loooooove them.... hahaha.. not so easy if you're vegan though.

theodamus: I've heard there are some lovely cafes and stuff in Tauranga which have good vegan options lol the Auckland suggestions are pretty overwhelming - but it's a handy list to have.

Well I hope all your christmases were good, and not too gross with the turkey and various other carcasses sitting around. I've been gagging a fair bit in the kitchen the last few days, every time I open the fridge it's the yucky rotting meat stench. I think they're gonna finally finish the leftovers today, thank bob.

*waves* Hello my dears .. I apologise for not posting in the last few months. But i hope all my fellow kiwi vegans had a good christmas. Aims yes i have to say i came close to vomiting a few times with some of the stuff the omnis were eating infront of me.
    AIMS by any chance was the brand of those sausage rolls you were talking about "Frys Vegetarian" in like a dark lime green box ? If so their whole range is vegan and they do have some yummy frozen products IMO. Happy they finally made it to the freezers of NZ supermarkets .. hopefully there will be even more soon.

Hi team (meant in the loosest possible way). I had a good Christmas. We had my four brothers, two sister in laws, one nephew and four other friends over for Christmas lunch and had pizza. Mine was vegan, obviously, but ironically everyone else ate vegetarian (though none of them are) because the person who was delegated to bring salami forgot. Ha ha. No one commented. My sister in law gave me one of those cranberry and chocolate christmas cakes from the safe shop, and I made custard with coconut cream to go on it - it was yum.

Aims, I also had no sweat shoes and they fell apart really quick. Which I found frustrating since it is not really fair trade to sell rubbish products destined for land fill faster than ever!

Hey theodamus if you are driving tauranga to auckland did you know the castle cafe (at mangatawhiri, now bipassed by the main road but not a big detour) is all vegan?!

Lyns: I can't remember the brand name of the sausage rolls, but it's pretty likely they were Frys, because I've often seen the Frys truck parked outside Pak N Save, AND have seen some of their products in there too... (like fake mince?!) lol so yeah, probably. The box was even green.
    And welcome back I thought of you the other day because the idea of chocolate covered strawberries sprang to mind (mum bought way too many strawberries at christmas) - I still haven't thought of/found anything interesting to send for that chocolate, but it's in the back of my mind.

Jody: oh no, the stories of No Sweats falling apart are everywhere! It's really disappointing.. I was feeling so spesh for buying lovely fair trade shoes but once those crapped out I went back to Chucks - $40 on sale at No. 1 Shoes and I know they'll last me a long time.
    Your christmas sounds like it was nice and not too cringeworthy at all! Haha @ unintentional vegetarian pizza for everyone

A few days before christmas I stumbled upon a yum sounding tofurkey recipe on vegweb. Has anyone made one of those before?? I really wanted to give it a go but knew the oven would be too full of real turkey.

TGA All Day

theodamus: I also am a Tauranga Vegan. Gluten Free shops, although very expensive, usually have a good range of vegan things, there is one on Cameron Road, One Stop Gluten Free Shop and another in Greerton called Pistachio. I don't really know of cafe's or resturaunts as I don't really eat out that often, if I do I stick to trusty falafel or sushi! If anyone does know any good cafes or restaraunts though, I'm very interested!

Aims .. Lol no worries it will be nice to just one day get a surprise of a yummy vegan treat in the mail be it now or in four years Oh and you can never have too many strawberries !! What has the weather been like in Aucks this week .. its been bloody hot all week in chch !!
    Oh and in regards to the Tofurkey ive always wanted to make some so any feedback would be grately appreciated as i want to make it too. Can you share the receipe you found my dear ?? If you like ill be brave and make it first and then give you the heads up as to wether its worth it :P

M4L you eat sushi .. may sound like a crazy question .. but are the people kind enough to make you vegan sushi with obviously no mayo and no flesh and clean rice and gloves ?? I have only had it once at a vegan cafe and that it was nasty because i dislike seaweed and capsicum and apart from the rice obviously thats all thats in it .. LOL. Ok im rambling again .. just wondering ?!

Hope everyone has had a great week