Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Is it easy to live as a vegan in New Zealand?

Default Re: Is it easy to live as a vegan in New Zealand?

Welcome Bearshark

You should help vounteer with SAFE (Save Animals From Exploitation) or The Vegetarian (they're practically vegan these days) and/or Vegan Societies. It's a great way to meet people of the vege ilk.

We need some help with the Vegetarian Food Expo coming up this Saturday. It's going to be amazing. You should totally come along and say hi. I'll be helping over at the SAFE stall probably handing out vegan sausages. Yumo!
    "The unexamined life is not worth living" Socrates

Oh I so want to go to that!! I'll probably be at work though, I start at 9. I'm going to try and get out of work early and come over, but it depends on who is my supervisor and how quiet we are. I went to the SAFE meeting that was held a while ago (it was in July or August I think) when they were talking about sow crates etc, but every single stall or event seems to be on when I can't go! I work all day saturday and sunday so it's really hard to get to them

Oh say no way! Well, that's what sick days are for! Aren't they? Can I get an AMEN!

Hey did you come along to the peaceful protest at Parliament last Wednesday? It was great!

Nope, had an important lecture at uni. See? SEE? It all clashes!! It's driving me nuts! I seriously considered skipping class but it was a hard topic and I would've been doomed for my assignment.
    Sick days are truly awesome :P not for me though, I don't get sick pay yet and if I miss a day then I have to start skipping meals because I can't afford food

Okay, fair call. You sound sensible. Not like me. I'd probably fake meningitis just to go out and then end up eating cheap bread and potatoes for a week, resulting in me getting more sick Then I'd blame the potatoes.. Ha ha

Well, I'll see if we can organise a vegan dinner again sometime soon. We had one early August and a good number of folk came along.

Lol sometimes I wish I weren't that sensible, but when I don't eat well I get sick really quick :P I learnt this the hard way!!

Why are all the vegans in Wellington? If you were in Nelson you could join my super cool meet up group!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

There's a clear solution : YOU should move to Wellington Simple!

D, you're a native NYorker, you are so very cool I don't doubt it.

I think it's excellent you started up your own group. Please, don't move to Wellington - promote veganism in Nelson, where it is less heard of, that way you are likely to do more good by creating awareness to a population of people who have more of a need to know about it.