Thread: Vegan Los Angeles

Question Vegan Los Angeles

i live in albuquerque right now but i am moving to LA in a month & it would be nice to hear from some vegans who live there: know any good restaurants? I'm a big fan of the oriental seitan "meat" restaurants & i'm hoping to find one there. also is there any good dumpster diving opppurtunities?

ConsciousCuisine

You've got "California Vegan" , "Vegan Express" "Native Foods" and more! They are awesome places to eat for a cooked-foods vegan!

los angeles vegan here! there are too many restaurants for me to list, especially since la is such a large area. try real food daily, there are a few around. there are a lot of health-concious restaurants that may not be listed in a veg directory, but tend to be very vegan friendly. i would guess that the westside (brentwood, santa monica etc.) has the highest concentration of vegan/friendly options. there are a few Swinger's around la, and although they have an omni menu, they have a delicious vegan club. whole foods is a good grocery store to try.

thanks!! I'm not sure what the area i'm going to be living in is called (it's next to ucla) but it's definitely the westside so i'm happy. I might email you once i move for some more tips

Default Hi, Bonjour,martine Here

I Am Trying 2 Find Me An Ecologically Health Oriented Family/household To Work 4 As I Am A Ptofessional Live-in Domestic Cook Hsr Mngr P.a. ..
    If Anyone Runs Into Such Needs , I Myself Dig Organic Raw Vaganism AND DANCING!!!!!!!

i just this site that should be helpful- http://www.happycow.net/
    if you are around ucla, you are probably in or near westwood, which has at least one vegan restaurant. on happy cow, look under west la, although you may want to check out other areas as well. mapquest.com can tell you how far away the places are from your la home if you put in both addresses.

thanks--that website has a lot of cool stuff on it. real food daily in beverly hills has a brunch where they serve vegan french toast & bacon--i'm hyped!

i realize that you also asked about dumpster diving, which is something i've never tried, but always wanted to. i'd love to hear of good places as well, if anyone knows of them.

you should check out a trader joe's. i've never dumpstered there (they don't have them in new mexico) but i've heard stories about how awesome their dumpsters are. if i find any good dumpsters when i get there i'll post them here or pm them to you.

Default Vegans in Los Angeles

Hey L.A. Vegans,

I'll be coming to Los Angeles a couple of times this year. The first time will be in a few weeks, and then I'll be back for a vegan vacation in August.

I just thought I'd see if there are any vegans from L.A. who have some suggestions on places to go, things to do, etc. I've only been there once and it was a very brief visit.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input.

Keegan The Vegan
    Robert Cheeke
    "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strong pull of what you love" -Annonymous