Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vegan Leicester

Default Re: Vegan life in Leicester

or there is that nice one on Narborough rd that we went to that you recommended ... not the same as having one in the city centre though and Mirch Masala jsut isn't as good as the Halli was
    'Spring will soon pounce [like a floppy kitten]'. Whalespace.

Well, I think Mirch is trying to do something different, it's more snacky, so I wouldn't like to compare them, but no, it's not as pleasant for an evening meal, I agree

That Go Juicy place has been taken over by new management, I'm interested to see if they'll be keeping it veggie/organic (both things the original owners weren't consistent on)
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Quote twinkle View Post
    Well, I think Mirch is trying to do something different, it's more snacky, so I wouldn't like to compare them, but no, it's not as pleasant for an evening meal, I agree

That Go Juicy place has been taken over by new management, I'm interested to see if they'll be keeping it veggie/organic (both things the original owners weren't consistent on)
    The owners were hoping to sell it to someone who wanted to keep it more or less the same ... *crosses fingers* I liked the filled polish vegan pancakes they did.

Default Re: Leicestershire Vegetarians and Vegans meeting

Quote veganlinda View Post
    This is on again this saturday

BTW the Halli on Granby St has changed its name and gone omni
    still does some vegan/veggie dishes but I went in there the other day and you can smell the meat dishes so not v nice.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote veganlinda View Post
    The owners were hoping to sell it to someone who wanted to keep it more or less the same ... *crosses fingers* I liked the filled polish vegan pancakes they did.
    Just passed what used to be 'Go Juicy' - they've torn the sign down, and it's a rubbishy looking bog standard coffee and omni sandwich bar now

I think I'm going to give Green Monkey juice bar on Loseby Lane another try - okay, they accidentally put 'Utterly Butterly' or something on my toast when I had the all day breakfast, but they were very apologetic and I'm pretty sure it's always been vegetarian because the owner is.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Quote twinkle View Post
    I think I'm going to give Green Monkey juice bar on Loseby Lane another try....
    UPDATE: I'm very glad I did give them another try. The next time I went in the manager still remembered he'd accidentally put the wrong spread on my bread, still said how bad he felt about it, and now they only have vegan spread! (Pure).

He has said they're trying to get more and more vegan food in there, I had a very nice selection plate last time I went in to eat (and they do lovely toasted paninis as well - I recommend roast veg, potato and jalepeno!), so I would say it's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area and want a sit down meal. The only thing I would say is that it does get quite popular and the service for take-away isn't super-quick (it's not really slow either, I'm just used to grabbing a sandwich from Currant Affairs across the road where it's all ready made).

Also, if anyone saw my marzipan muffin thread, this is the place which I might go in and show them how to make the muffins. It's quite gratifying that in the handful of times I've been in they've gone from having no vegan desserts to possibly going to have ones that I've supplied the recipes for!

Default Re: Vegan Leicester

I've got a room to let just off Narborough Rd. Please pass this on to any vegans you know who might be interested and ask them to contact me on 07890 295190 or l.faulkner2@ntlworld.com. Cheers x

Default October event at local veggie vegan group

Raw Food Living Magic
    Thursday 7th October at 7.30pm at The Friends Meeting House, Queen’s Road, Leicester LE2 1WP UK Visitors £2
    A talk by Marketa Rozsypalova
    “Let your food be your medicine,and your medicine be your food”

Let’s create the alchemy of delicious and beautifully prepared dishes from raw living ingredients and super foods too!
    It’s fun,simple and good for improving well being.
    Many people around the world including Marketa healed themselves by increasing the amount of raw foods they eat.

Marketa will be demonstrating some fantastic examples of quick, simple and delightful recipes to bring on the everyday table. Preparing raw vegan food can be fun, so simple & transformational for your well-being. This incredible shift in our consciousness about eating raw food and superfoods is not only shape shifting your body and increasing your mental clarity but it also brings new, lighter energy and naturally reverses the aging process to become powerful, healthy and 'shining people'

After Marketa's demonstration of some raw vegan quick, simple and delicious recipes we will then have a little delicious feast together and time for some questions

Default Re: Vegan Leicester

Room is to let again from July - contact details are the same - I tend to respond to texts quicker than emails x