Thread: Newmanos

Default Newmanos

idk if there's already a post about this but has n e one tried newmanos??? organic cookie, no dairy, etc. they're my weakness
    Poor animals! How jealously they guard their pathetic bodies . . . that which to us is merely an evening's meal, but to them is life itself. T. Casey Brennan

Seaside

Default Re: NEWMANOs

I like the ginger ones.

Default Re: NEWMANOs

I haven't tried the cookies, but I'm addicted to the chocolate. The sweet dark orange, to be exact. Such. Good. Stuff.
    It's vegan, which means it's vegetarian which means there's nothing unheathy in it. -- my guy trying to explain vegan junkfood.

California! (Here I come, right back where I started from...)

Default Re: Newmanos

Oh, I looove Newman-O's! I was eating some today. They are so yummy. And I like that they also sell just the tops & bottoms, 'cause I like the chocolate part more than the frosting part, unlike many other people, it seems.

ConsciousCuisine

My daughter loves that no one can tell she's eating a healthier option when she takes these to bithday parties or sleepovers; they look like thier crappy, hydrogenated counterparts

my sis and I ate 2 packages of them on vacation. We love the mint ones and ginger ones best.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Do they sell these in Canada? I haven't been able to find them!

I love the chocolate ones.

I used to love the chocolate orange cookies, but I thought those weren't vegan. I will have to re-check that.

I am concerned that they are made with palm kernel oil. It is not a healthy oil IMO (allthough better than hydrogenated oils) and most of it is harvested by detroying rain forest land (allthough I assuming Newman's must be fair trade and better for the environment).

articles - http://www.cspinet.org/palmoilreport/index.html

http://www.cspinet.org/new/200506021.html

Talking Re: Newmanos

i like newman o's cause the rawish sugar makes them crunchy and gritty.... mmmmmmm...yum

i usually only eat outrageous amounts of sugar like that when its homemade.. (thats my excuse for making breads, muffins, or cookies every other week)
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

FR

I like the Mint O's. These things smoke Oreo's by a longshot.

Default Re: Something occurred to me...

If I ever get a care package from the US, Newman's O's have to be in them. I can't get them here.

What is a Newmans O?

As far as I know, an organic, vegan, and trans-fat free version of Oreos.

UGH they are so good. I desperately want someone from the UK or Australia to swap care packages w/ me. Some of the stuff abroad sounds so yummy
    Be thankful for this moment, this moment is your life:)

Seaside

Quote Banana
    What is a Newmans O?
    Banana! You managed to leave the USA without having any?
    They come in chocolate wafers with white, chocolate, or mint filling, and in ginger wafers with white filling. Also in plain chocolate wafers without filling.

Quote Seaside
    Banana! You managed to leave the USA without having any?
    They come in chocolate wafers with white, chocolate, or mint filling, and in ginger wafers with white filling. Also in plain chocolate wafers without filling.
    I can't believe I didn't find any! Do wholefoods have any, coz that is where I bought most of my junk food. Damn those Alternative Baking Company cookies - they have been in my dreams since I left the US. Strawbs, I would love to swap, but I am scared to

I'm scared to swap too. Hehehe. Plus I have nothing to swap. Everyone has more things than me. Unless maybe...I could bake some cookies or offer teas.

awww, Banana! take a chance in me I understand your worry about the postage stuff. When my b/f lived in France I always used to send him packages and sent them priority. Priority is key. While it costs more, he always got everything within a week.
    I would love to trade, if your ever up for it.
    Be thankful for this moment, this moment is your life:)

someone should organize a swap of some sort.
    i have never had newman-o's, weren't sure if they were vegan. guess i'll hit their website and see what they got. (planning is essential when going to wholefoods, that place is so crammed i always feel like i am in the way when i am trying to read labels). i applied for a job there the other day- as a cashier, major pay cut and a long commute but i think i would be happier there. maybe not- never worked for a big corporation.

Seaside

Quote mophoto
    someone should organize a swap of some sort.
    Some of us have swapped care packages before. I exchanged with cedarblue, and it was tasty and fun! Some folks have had trouble with the post, though, I guess.