Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Weight Loss

Default Re: Weight Loss

Quote Nest

When I said that the weight started coming off when I went vegan, the smiles dropped from their faces, and one woman actually said, "Oh! So you're not dieting then - you've just cheated the system."
    That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard..... I thought I would lose weight as soon as I became vegan but I have put it on instead! It takes a lot of hard work to lose weight which ever way you do it (except surgery obviously!) so well done to you. That woman is going to be fat and stupid a long time.

Quote Nest
    Sorry to rant, folks, but I really need to get this out of my system!

A few women I'm aquainted with asked me how I have lost "so much weight" this year - they asked for specific details of my diet and exercise plan. (BTW, they all say that they'd do anything to lose weight!!!) So I told them that I've lost 14kg's (31 lbs) so far, and explained that my weight has been stable for a month now but I am changing shape / size due to the exercise plan I began on June 6.

When I said that the weight started coming off when I went vegan, the smiles dropped from their faces, and one woman actually said, "Oh! So you're not dieting then - you've just cheated the system."

I was stunned speechless! I didn't have liposuction done I changed to a healthier diet!!! How is that cheating the system?
    That's ridiculous!
    Maybe you should have said youd been on the hotdog diet!
    Don't worry about those negative people your doing great, better than they ever will!!

Quote theashleybeyer
    tigerlily, i know how you feel. It can and DOES get really discouraging when you are trying to get in shape and you feel like everyone is trying to sabotage you. Just try one thing at a time.. and even walking helps.. is there any way you could start walking a little more? even a couple times a week would be something. Also, maybe slowly incorporate more raw foods into your meals.. and try to find healthy alternatives to the things you are craving. For example, i am a bread fiend and so i went out and found this brand of bread called Natural Ovens, and basically according to weight watchers it is zero points. so yeah.. i don't even follow weight watchers but i know that one tidbit of info. heh. I know i know, i'm sure you've heard all this before but any change for the better does help and you'll start to see results if you continue with it. You just need to ask yourself if you really do want to get in shape, and if you do, then make a list. Have it be many small changes you can make without completely overwhelming yourself.. and then once you get the hang of one change you can cross it out and move to the next one. You'll get in shape in no time. good luck!
    Thanks for the support.

I don't know if I can get any more walking in, I'm working full time now and the time that I'm off---I'm too pooped to do anything.

I like the raw idea but I don't really want to be a raw foodist and I don't find raw foods satisfying.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

I also think if you have binge eating problems, that being too restrictive can be problematic. It is better to be balanced.

Quote stickydate
    I also think if you have binge eating problems, that being too restrictive can be problematic. It is better to be balanced.
    I completely agree with this. It's what I am going through, cycles of each...Balance is the key to any health, not just weight loss!
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Quote Hetfield
    That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard..... I thought I would lose weight as soon as I became vegan but I have put it on instead! It takes a lot of hard work to lose weight which ever way you do it (except surgery obviously!) so well done to you. That woman is going to be fat and stupid a long time.
    Thanks Hetfield for the support and the mental picture of her "being fat and stupid for a long time".

Quote treehugga
    That's ridiculous!
    Maybe you should have said youd been on the hotdog diet!
    Don't worry about those negative people your doing great, better than they ever will!!
    Thanks Treehugga for the support - but "the hotdog diet!"

I know I'm a bit of a fool . I thought she sounded like someone who would respond to a wacky type diet rather than a sensible eating plan and the hotdog diet is the wackiest I've eva heard of

prilly-pie

ok so in the last 2 weeks, i ate healthily, exercised and lost 5 pounds...

then, this morning, after toiletting and b4 doing anything.. id put on 7 !?! ARRGHGHH..
    im so upset. i feel like eating every sodding thing that is unhealthy (why i dont know- i detest commercialsed food) but still...

distraught

Quote ladyaprille
    ok so in the last 2 weeks, i ate healthily, exercised and lost 5 pounds...

then, this morning, after toiletting and b4 doing anything.. id put on 7 !?! ARRGHGHH..
    im so upset. i feel like eating every sodding thing that is unhealthy (why i dont know- i detest commercialsed food) but still...

distraught

Hi Ladyaprille

I am not going to try and give you advice because i am well overweight and have only ever temporarily suceeded at weight loss. But i would just like to say I sympathise with you A LOT and have been there a million times. Also I decided this year that I am not going to let the scale decide how I feel that day - I have got up in a great mood got on the scale and been utterly depressed the whole day. Bodies retain water (with the heat maybe) or gain / lose weight for whatever reason. I recently lost (over a year) and regained about 2 stone and have come to the conclusion that I am not doing that again. Nor am I depriving myself and then bingeing. At the moment I am trying to eat healthy and excercise and my weight is staying more or less the same. I think diets mess with your head. I don't have the answer by any means but you are worth a whole lot more than what the stupid scale says.

Hope you will be ok soon
    bestest wishes
    hetfield
    (wonders if post was any use at all to Ladyaprille in moment of need )

Why not put the scales away and use a tape measure instead. If you are indeed in need of weight loss, by eating healthy and less calories and exercising, you will lose weight. You say you have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, that is quite a bit to lose in 2 weeks. Slow and gradual weight loss will be easier to keep off long term. Many gyms do body mass measuring and will give advice on healthy weight loss as part of a fitness programme. It is worth considering because it gives you extra support and helps you plan realistic healthy goals. Like how much you should be losing over a period of time. I have seen many people at my gym benefit this way.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

I have not noticed a weight difference either, but it is because I eat way too much! I am currently working on that now. I am sticking to portion sizes I have decided, and seeing if that will help. I think what it all comes down to is self control, which I seem to be lacking.....ugh.....
    Tanya