Thread: valerian?

Question valerian?

has anyone tried valerian as an insomnia remedy, and if so, has it worked for u?.

ConsciousCuisine

Well, it's 4:40 am, so don't hold that against me..I didn't take any last night...

Valerian is a great herb. It has so many benefits! It is considered a "woman's herb" in traditional healing. It is said to foster psychic dreaming and visions. I love valerian! It is also useful for pain. Valerian and passionflower together is a great menstrual pain reliever. Yes, valerian can help you sleep!

its the same time for me, i didnt take it either lol

mango

Valerian's a funny thing. It used to be called all-heal. I tried valerian + skullcap for terrible insomnia. It worked really well for a couple of weeks and then stopped working again. In the end I found it works as a stimulant for me. When i worked on a market garden and had to do something like go to the shop after work, if I was too tired, a quick shot of valerian tincture would get me going again.

I gave some once to a man I met in the street who was tripping and had lost his self-awareness. I hope it soothed him a little.

PinkFluffyCloud

I find Valerian, Passiflora and Hops work, sometimes also with Lemon Balm - if I only use them occasionally when I really need to.

I have tried it a few times. It wakes me after a few hours and gives me a headache. I never used much. I don’t use it anymore. Chamomile and lavender work wonders for me!