Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pret a manger

Default Re: Pret a manger

^ It does but it's only useful if you're going to one of your regular haunts and doesn't help vegans in the rest of the country like persuading a national chain would.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

true I guess though to be fair any independent sandwich shop I've ever walked into has been willing to help like this in various parts of the country so I would think that the more vegans who use independent sandwich shops the better really. But in terms of helping veganism become more mainstream we need to get both the independent places and the chains to change their attitudes, get more vegan options labelled on menus and signs and that will really help people recognise the legitimacy of our choice.

i went sponatously to one of their branches today for a coffee. i got one with soya milk, regular size for 1,89. ok, they donīt have any syrups, but i think, itīs quite cheap.
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

Quote Elahiya View Post
    i went sponatously to one of their branches today for a coffee. i got one with soya milk, regular size for 1,89. ok, they donīt have any syrups, but i think, itīs quite cheap.
    you think Ģ1.89 for a cup of coffee is cheap?!?!?!?
    I feel hard done by when I have to pay 80p. Blimey I could eat for a day for that.

^ I agree, Ģ1.80 is alot! I felt ripped off when I paid Ģ1 for a cup of coffee at Glastonbury festival once... but then I was actually ripped off because after taking a mouthful of it, it was clear that what I'd actually been sold was a styrofoam cup full of mud mixed with luke warm water.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

ha ha. I do remember a time when I often ignored what I was paying for a large tea from starbucks (yes ladies and gentlemen a litre of tea!) on my way home from work and I seem to remember that being around Ģ1.80

sorry, i should have mentioned it was a cappuccino. compared to other soya cappuccino at the chain stores it is cheap.
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

still it seems like an awful lot of money for something so little

Hallelujah (sp?) - our local Pret has a vegan sandwich again - Naked Avocado or something. I have got one but haven't eaten it yet as it cost so much I feel I should save it for a special occasion

It's a nice sandwich, if a little pricey. The first one I had the bread was soggy though. They also do a warm coconut lentil curry soup type thing in a pot which is labelled vegan.

Quote bignige View Post
    It's a nice sandwich, if a little pricey. The first one I had the bread was soggy though. They also do a warm coconut lentil curry soup type thing in a pot which is labelled vegan.
    Ooh the soup sounds really nice!
    www.paperbagblog.wordpress.com

Must try the soup too then, I quite enjoyed the sandwich. I don't know if it's actually that expensive by London sandwich shop standards, it's just that I'm used to making my own

Wish they'd make the falafel ones vegan again too. There's nothing more infuriating than a potentially vegan sandwich with yogurt in it.

I've written to Pret so many times about leaving out the mayo or yoghurt from various vegetarian sandwiches to make them vegan. So I was really pleased to see that they're now doing two vegan ones (I need to remember to write again and acknowledge that they did a good thing!) There's the avacado one and a hoummus and pepper one. They're not the most adventurous ever but they're very handy and pretty tasty.

It's also worth looking at the weekly soup menu and hunting down the lentil and coconut mentioned above which really is gorgeous and also the smokey veg and bean (although sometimes they change from what they advertise - I've been very disappointed that way!)

Maybe in view of today's news we should tell them yoghurt offends us because it's against our "religion"? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21306006

Quote harpy View Post
    Maybe in view of today's news we should tell them yoghurt offends us because it's against our "religion"? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21306006
    I think we should write to the Pope and complain that the symbolic eating of flesh and drinking of blood of another human being is offensive to sane people.

The general idea that virgins can be mothers may need some examination also.
    All done in the best possible taste ...