Thread: Cane sugar :D

Default Cane sugar :D

The abc-on line news today reports that Queensland sugar cane grower Peter Harper is bringing an Asian trend to regional Australia with his mobile cane juice stall. He says selling freshly squeezed organic cane juice, with a dash of ginger or lime, can make good money out of a low-return crop.

"I've been through Asia and they sell it there, and I drank a lot of it, and thought 'well, I could do this'," Mr Harper said. He tried to import a machine many years ago but couldn't get a hold of one, then found this whole set-up.

"A cane farmer in Eumundi had built it and got sick of doing the markets, it didn't really work for him. I just bought the whole thing. I can make a living on about an acre of cane."

I wonder about drinking cane sugar juice, organic or not. I'm not too keen on the ethanol for my car either!
    Eve

Thumbs up Re: Cane sugar :D

Awesome! Too much simple carbohydrates like that will obviously have an effect on the body if its out of proportion. Its just really cool that instead of the occasional soda with bone char refined sugar, there is that alternative. Its B-E-A-U-tiful.

You got my virgin post!

cross barer

Default Re: Cane sugar :D

Quote eve
    I wonder about drinking cane sugar juice, organic or not. I'm not too keen on the ethanol for my car either!
    Do you know something we don't?

For example does cane ferment easily...?

I think it'd be too sweet for me anyway...