Thread: East Midlands (Nottingham) Vegan Festival 2005

Thumbs up East Midlands (Nottingham) Vegan Festival 2005

The 2004 East Midlands Vegan Festival was held at The Council House, Old Market Square, Nottingham. 11.30am - 5.30pm.

The East Midlands Vegan Festival 2005 on Saturday 10th December 2005 is to be confirmed.

A little way off, but a date for the diary, maybe see you there.

Talking Re: East Midlands ( Nottingham ) Vegan Festival 2005

Oooo - that's fabulous, Nottingham is dead easy for me to get too *squeals* and Channukah is at the other end of December this year so I won't have to rush home! *bounces with excitement*

*goes back to lurking and eating her oatcookies in the corner*

tails4wagging

Default Re: East Midlands ( Nottingham ) Vegan Festival 2005

And me.......

Put this on my diary today... Seems interesting although I hate traveling in winters.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

The venue has been booked, stall applications are invited.

East Midlands Vegan Festival

Ph: Reuben: 07904 402209 (or 08704 870215)

Email: @info@houseoflife.co.uk
    (Spam Filter - remove extra @sign from beginning of address)

I will be there.. Positive. Just a couple of hours from Leeds. Thanks for the info.

Any idea how much the stalls will be and who is likely to be there?

I love Nottingham.

As long as I can afford this... the plan is to come up friday night for drinks, go to the festival on saturday and get the train home either that evening or sunday morning.

Default Re: Veganforum meetup @ East Midlands (Nottingham) Vegan Festival 2005

This would be a good event to ask them to put in the new magazine called Lifescape for veggies - email sri@ there:

http://www.lifescapemag.com/

I've been in touch with the editor and she's keen to mention big interesting local veg*n events. They are looking for event dates for that time of year already.

I might go too! It would be nice to meet some vegans

Yay! all come to nottingham!! pleeeeeaaaasssee! I missed Londudidinoodium and want to meet the best of you, so if you are a particularly nice and fun vegan come to this one!
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

Well I've now booked the time off. Me and Absentmindedfan are probably going to stay in a Hotel on the saturday night if anyone wants to meet up for a drink in the evening.

Quote pixeequeen
    Yay! all come to nottingham!! pleeeeeaaaasssee! I missed Londudidinoodium and want to meet the best of you, so if you are a particularly nice and fun vegan come to this one!
    I'm not particularly nice or fun, but I'm close to Nottingham so I'll definitely be going anyway. So there!

Hi,

Does anyone have a contact email for the organisers of the vegan festival at Nottingham?

Thanks

isn't it posted above in this thread?
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

My mum won't go with me tut I don't live that far away from Nottingham but my mum is being annoying.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Would like to go to this - not sure til nearer the time but Notts not too far from me - 2 hours by train so its a poss depends how things are going as getting near to christmas. Doubt id stay - near enough to visit in the day i think.

Enjoyed Bristol soooooooooo much would love to get to Notts

Alison

Kevster

May yet pop along, as one of the other events i was thinking of attending has been cancelled, i'll see nearer the time.

Witchymagic, we'll look after you.

i've been thinking about going, but it doesn't look like i'll be able to afford it.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Just noticed a central Travelodge is opening 2nd Dec - tempting to stay Sat night now and do a bit of christmas shopping on the Sun. Save the long journey there/back in one day (think its about a 3 hour treck with british rail each way?)

Been a long time since i went to Nottingham - are there any good places to eat out vegan wise?

Will have to see how the funds go.........................

Alison

From www.veggies.org.uk

Another place maybe worth staying at, though I know nothing about it at all.

ANSON'S PLACE

Sue & Mike Anson, 21 Waverley Avenue , Gedling , NOTTINGHAM , Nottinghamshire , NG4 3HH

Ph: 0115 961 8090 / 07740 105067.

Vegetarian Bed & Breakfast. Family sized rooms: one double and one twin.

My mum says I can go on my own. I'll be scared lol specially as I haven't been to Nottingham for years.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Kevster

Quote Kevster
    Witchymagic, we'll look after you.
    Is there something less than reassuring about that??

Oo soz I didn't read back.

I hope you do look after me. lol I'm only ickle and Nottingham is big.

Kevster

Ha ha ha There'll be lots of helpful vegans about, and i'll be there too.

maybe.

Dont think I shall be staying Sat night, as travelodge got no cheap rooms left! But will try and get there for the day, British Rail permitting

Alison

I'm from Nottingham(shire!), born 'n' bred, so I'll be popping up there for the festival!
    I'm really looking forward to it, I miss Nottingham so much (sniff)......

I'm also gonna be visiting family whilst I'm there too.

Hi Does anyone have a list of stalls/which stalls/groups will be there? Also wonder if there will be any talks there.

As long as its not icy/snowing Im planning on travelling to/from the fair in one day (tiring but saves hotel/meal costs!)

Alison

Default East Midlands Vegan Festival

After the success of last year's event, this year's East Midlands Vegan Festival is on Saturday 10th of December at The Council House, Old Market Square, Nottingham. The event is from 11am to 5pm and offers free food and free admission and loads of stalls. For more info go to EastMidlandsVeganFestival.co.uk.
    Last edited by flutterby; Nov 28th, 2005 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Merged with existing thread.

Still not sure if Il be going but hope to try and go - would love to get there for a couple of hours. Will look into the trains later.................

Anyone know if the Screaming carrot cake shop have a stand there? Am after tracking down a nice vegan cake to take home with me think the shop is out of town so wont get time to go there if i get to Nottingham!

Alison

Default From www.veganvillage.co.uk

Equipment for sale
    Various kitchen equipment is for sale - old, nearly new, big, small, all only ever been used for vegan food. Also utensils, plates, food available. Make us an offer! View it all at V1 Vegetarian Fast Food in Nottingham this Saturday (10th Dec) 12-4pm. Email tamsinevans@hotmail.com for a list of items or to say you'll be visiting. Combine the trip to Nottingham with a visit to the East Midlands Vegan Festival! www.houseoflife.co.uk (V1 will unfortunately not be re-opening in its current location but may open elsewhere next year).
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Looking positive train will only cost me £8.30 return and there are lots of trains via Birmingham. Door to door its about 3 hours each way.............

Am very tempted to go just got to wait and see if family do is Sat/Sun..........

Alison

Smile Re: Veganforum meetup @ East Midlands (Nottingham) Vegan Festival 2005

Hello All

Are we going to plan a Meet-Up or just wing-it and hope we bump into one another? We will be easy to spot: Jon is a tall guy of big build with ging...I mean auburn hair down his back and walks with a cane while I am small, with dark hair and blu hair covering with a big blue backpack carrying a small, adorable, probably drooling child.

Not sure whats best? Ive met a few people from here before at the Bristol festival

Will look out for you - Im tall (5 foot10) short brown hair in a sort of bob style - about a size 16.

I will be spending some time at the Realfoods stall, so look out for me there (Im sure Mary or Neil on this stall will point me out!)- hard to arrange a time to meet as not sure what time Il get there yet but I will be making tracks for the vebab vegan kebab stall around lunchtime! Plan is to arrive by 1pm...............

Dont think it will be a massive place so wont be too hard to find people - having said that Nottingham will be packed with shoppers tomorrow.

Hope to meet you to say hello

Alison

Enjoyed the fair - sorry i missed you theotherhand - did keep a look out but it was busy so must of missed you? I was downstairs a lot by the Realfoods stall (lots of tshirts on) there from 11-3.30ish..........

Was nice to meet up with people and I munched my way thru a veggies burger and a screaming carrot choc cake

Nice location too..........

Alison

I went with my grandma and grandad.

There was a reported 2,100 people through the doors. Read more here.