Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Occasional slips and ongoing food cravings

Default Re: Occasional slips and ongoing food cravings

I have a special dispensation for my 97-year old grew-up-on-a-farm grandma's homemade cookies. If she asks me to eat one, I will. I don't go out of my way to get them and I never ask for one, but she'd be so sad if I refused. I don't anticipate having her with me much longer and it's her language of love. And I'm sorry if it's unvegan, but I cannot hurt her feelings. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.

I don't get fussy over salad dressings or bread at restaurants. I order whole wheat if possible, and I choose the low-fat Italian or French dressing (usually are safe). Seems like I still end up eating a lot of mushy steamed veggies. And I try not to eat sugar, but I can't bring myself to completely ban it on the right that it MIGHT be unvegan.

I used to cheat on wine, but now I've found some decent vegan-ok wines, so I'm fine there.

Quote grail
    I have a special dispensation for my 97-year old grew-up-on-a-farm grandma's homemade cookies. If she asks me to eat one, I will. I don't go out of my way to get them and I never ask for one, but she'd be so sad if I refused. I don't anticipate having her with me much longer and it's her language of love. And I'm sorry if it's unvegan, but I cannot hurt her feelings. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.
    I don't blame you at all for that...I think I'd do the same thing
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

feral

Quote grail
    There's nothing wrong in compassion towards human beings, it's an admiral trait IMHO.

No question at all. NO craving/slip out.

Manish Jain

I admire your strength and will power Manish Jain.

Sometimes I miss the taste of an egg yolk in some seaweed soup. but, remembering where the egg comes from and what the chicken had to endure keeps me from even considering buying it.

Quote grail

I don't get fussy over salad dressings or bread at restaurants. I order whole wheat if possible, and I choose the low-fat Italian or French dressing (usually are safe). Seems like I still end up eating a lot of mushy steamed veggies. And I try not to eat sugar, but I can't bring myself to completely ban it on the right that it MIGHT be unvegan.

I used to cheat on wine, but now I've found some decent vegan-ok wines, so I'm fine there.
    It's a lovely thing you're doing for your Grandmother. I don't think I could say no and hurt her feeling either. But in all other aspects your making a huge difference anyway. Good for you for being such an unselfish being

I was invited over for 'coffee and cake' by a good friend the other day. When I was vegetarian she used to serve up food which was REALLY heavy on the dairy which even then I found sickly. Now I am vegan she is completely flummoxed. I got marzipan biscuits and some chocs which she said were vegan 'cos she'd checked the label. I was rather suspicious of the chocs but wasn't going to undermine her confidence/ability to find something for me to eat by checking for myself and then refusing to eat one. Later I checked in the shop and sure enough there was buttermilk in them. She'd done her best and the food was served for me with love and good intentions. We all do our best, some people perhaps can't understand and feel it 'just isn't vegan' to go this route. I haven't joined in much on this forum as I have felt a little nervous when reading some posts. It's good to read that some of you have 'slips' through compassion for people.
    Also, I do the same as veggiesosage when eating out.........

I often get cravings for meat and fish, I'd probably throw up if I ate some though. I ignore them as just being a primal cavewoman type instinct.
    Dairy on the other hand - repulsive, I feel sick just thinking about it.
    Silent but deadly :p

tabitha

Please dont be nervous Pansypuss. We are all human (well Kirans SuperHuman I suppose!). After over two years of being a vegan, my taste buds are all over the place at the moment. I constantly feel Im missing out on something, but Im damned if I know what it is I think its shortbread type stuff, rich, sweet, buttery things. Yet the smell of butter isnt pleasant to me. Perhaps its me hormones Post more xxx

sugarmouse

i dont really miss any foods, more the convinience i miss..of always havina choice in a restaurent,being able to use the coffee machine drinks at work, i miss instant soups though! i alwys chek the labels and some are ok,butalot have milk powder in them and iused to live off those lol.gues it made me healthier

Quote sugarmouse
    i dont really miss any foods, more the convinience i miss..of always havina choice in a restaurent,being able to use the coffee machine drinks at work, i miss instant soups though! i alwys chek the labels and some are ok,butalot have milk powder in them and iused to live off those lol.gues it made me healthier
    Our health food shop does vegan instant soup. To make an equivalent tasting concoction tear up cornflake packet into small strips, add 1 pint of water, half a pound of salt and whizz untill smooth, top with a sprinkled garnish of mixed herbs (happy shopper).
    Sadly it isn't very nice
    Silent but deadly :p

sugarmouse

Quote Hemlock
    Our health food shop does vegan instant soup. To make an equivalent tasting concoction tear up cornflake packet into small strips, add 1 pint of water, half a pound of salt and whizz untill smooth, top with a sprinkled garnish of mixed herbs (happy shopper).
    Sadly it isn't very nice
    pmsl yeh you ar about right there.i just used to liek that instant food thing...

Quote tabitha
    On the up side, everyones being really lovely on the "Not vegan enough" thread.
    yes!!

anyway my thing to admit is that I ate one of those after dinner chocolates in the indian the other night. I didn't even realise until it was in my mouth! When they bought it I just picked one up, unwrapped it, popped it into my mouth and was enjoying the lovely taste of it... when I thought, OH! WHOOPS!! I just did it automatically...!

(besides it being very unlikely that it was vegan choc, I'm also intolerant to cocoa so it was double bad!!)

I think what you guys are saying about worrying you'll get 'beaten up' (so to speak) for admitting slips and cravings is right in my experience... that's why I got so down and wrote that post about not being vegan enough. It's good to read that most others on here have the same issues, even though they weren't talking about it!!! Although I haven't read all the way through this thread yet... was starting at the back and working my way through!!

tabitha

Ive just eaten a very elaborate flapjack which had all vegan ingredients on the packet but I now have a very buttery aftertaste in my mouth, so thats probably a bad sign

I like this article

i do get the occasional chocolate craving! but i know thats all it is! a craving, over time it will be gone.. fruit is my saviour especially oranges! man i love oranges

I get the occasional chocolate craving too, and I fix it by eating chocolate. Lots of dark, creamy vegan chocolate
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Quote stickydate
    I like this article
    So do I, thank goodness that I'm not alone on how I go about my 'life choices'.

tabitha

I absolutely LOVED that article! Very apt at the moment.

Quote tabitha
    Please dont be nervous Pansypuss. We are all human (well Kirans SuperHuman I suppose!).
    Eh??? I don't understand why I am involved in this? Is there anything I have missed?
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

I don't really completely like the article you linked to nor do I like what "Vegan Outreach" is saying (as the article mentioned them). I totally agree with some of the points made as I too dislike--as I've mentioned before on this very thread--people who are rabid and come across as morally superior, so attack others they see as "less" vegan. And although there are vegans who try to prove just how "vegan" they are and how "unvegan" others are, the label of "vegan" does need a definition that is understood as a general term. (After all, some "vegetarians" eat fish or chicken, which has "watered down" what that term means...do we really want to encourage that with the term vegan too?) That is not to say that I perfectly match the definition given by the founders of veganism, but it is to say that I strive to become as complete a vegan as I can and admit when I don't quite "measure up"...I know I'm far from perfect and don't try to claim moral superiority in my practice of veganism. However, I am proud to call myself a vegan and don't eschew the term just because I can't be "perfect." Doesn't anyone think it's dangerous to "water down" the definition of veganism
    When you are guided by compassion and loving-kindness, you are able to look deeply into the heart of reality and see the truth.--Thich Nhat Hanh

I think the point is that we don't need a word to define ourselves. We all do our best and we don't need a label to pigoen-hole ourselves, or give us a bunch of rules to live up to. We all are entitled to do what we are comfortable with. I prefer to say that I choose not to eat or use animal products, then calling myself a vegan, because I am not 'a vegan' I am me!

I totally agree that you don't have to use the term if you don't feel comfortable with it, I personally like the term "vegan"--even though I'm not "perfect" I am also glad to discuss it with people who are interested--as many people have no idea what being vegan entails. What I object to is what Vegan Outreach (which is mentioned in the article) is doing, as they are trying to completely alter the definition of "vegan."

Part of the "gist" of the article that I really objected to is that the author seems to be saying, "the term 'vegan' is ruined because non-vegans think it means we're hateful nit-picking judgemental militants, so I won't call myself vegan anymore." Isn't that giving up to the extremists when we should be doing exactly the opposite? I would like to show non-vegans that there are vegans who try to live up to the vegan ideal, admit when we "miss the mark," and encourage compassion for all--without being judgemental or cruel...wouldn't that be better than giving up the term

[It just reminds me of what happened with the term feminist...the term feminist was made out to mean that you hate men and think women are superior. I personally consider myself a feminist in the true sense of the word--that men and women should be given EQUAL treatment, but I do NOT hate men and do not think that either sex is "superior"!]

Seaside

Quote eclectic_one
    I don't really completely like the article you linked to nor do I like what "Vegan Outreach" is saying (as the article mentioned them). I totally agree with some of the points made as I too dislike--as I've mentioned before on this very thread--people who are rabid and come across as morally superior, so attack others they see as "less" vegan. And although there are vegans who try to prove just how "vegan" they are and how "unvegan" others are, the label of "vegan" does need a definition that is understood as a general term. (After all, some "vegetarians" eat fish or chicken, which has "watered down" what that term means...do we really want to encourage that with the term vegan too?) That is not to say that I perfectly match the definition given by the founders of veganism, but it is to say that I strive to become as complete a vegan as I can and admit when I don't quite "measure up"...I know I'm far from perfect and don't try to claim moral superiority in my practice of veganism. However, I am proud to call myself a vegan and don't eschew the term just because I can't be "perfect." Doesn't anyone think it's dangerous to "water down" the definition of veganism
    Concerning the article about not wanting to be vegan, I agree with you, eclectic_one, and I think it is dangerous to water down the definition. No one is required to give up animal products, and no one is required to label themselves as anything if they don't want to. It is not really all that fair to those who have struggled and overcome desire for animal products, and make efforts every day to continue to read labels and question ingredients, for others to share the label without doing the work, anyway, so if some people don't want to call themselves vegan, that's a good thing. But blaming veganism for the desire not to be identified as one is silly, as is blaming veganism for the bad reputation it has amongst people who are not. I would bet that the majority of us did not choose veganism as a means of obtaining moral superiority over others, anyway, and it is very rude and disrespectful of people to characterize vegans in this way.

As to vegans having cravings for animal "products", to me, there is a huge difference between a person who has uncontrollable cravings for animal "products" and truly needs help from others in living up to the ethics they have chosen to make their own, and someone who thinks that veganism embodies too many harsh, extreme rules that are impossible to follow, and therefore blames veganism for their own unwillingness to live by it. I dislike the suggestion in the article that veganism should be flexible. How flexible? To an omni, living as compassionately as possible may mean choosing to hunt for their own "meat", or choosing free range over battery eggs. If that's the best a person can do, maybe its better than nothing, but is it fair to suggest that they are making as great a difference in the lives and well-being of animals as a person who makes a daily effort to shun all animal "products"? Being vegan isn't a competition, but a line has been drawn for the sake of the definition of veganism, and its not flexible. None of us can be 100% vegan, but that doesn't mean we should lower vegan standards to suit some people's unwillingness to live up to them, or blame the "rules" for being too unrealistic and extreme when we fail to follow them as well as we might like to. Your way is better, eclectic_one, to admit that you can't always measure up, but to continue to strive anyway, and take the responsibility upon yourself when you fail, as we all do from time to time, rather than complain that veganism is too harsh and restrictive, or that vegans themselves are judgemental and intolerant.

To the folks who post here about their cravings, I have never felt that it is a moral weakness to suffer from a physical craving. Its good to be able to ask for help or advice when you are faced with difficulty. It is also good to allow people who do not suffer from cravings for animal "foods" anymore to post in here too, without the fear of being accused of indulging in judgementalism or putting others down in order to feel morally superior to them. We need a balance here to show the outside world, who visits this Vegan Forum every day, that though it may be hard in the beginning, it won't always be, that long-term vegans are not holier-than-thou by default just because they have been vegan for a while, and that people who are new to veganism and are struggling with different aspects of it can find help here without being judged for needing it. What I find unwelcome is any hint that when a person cannot or will not choose to live by vegan ethics, its because there is something wrong with vegan ethics. We who are vegan because we agree with how veganism is defined, and who want to identify ourselves as vegan, need to change the negative impressions other people have burdened us with, not abandon the "label" because its been slandered by others. We need to do this for the sake of animals, if not ourselves as well.

well put

i have little self control in my life but i feel so strongly about my "veganism" that i would be upset and highly disappointed if the people who have been a vegan way longer than me often gave way to some sad temptation. i can honestly say the worst thing i have done was to wear a sweater that was 25% wool - crap, my cat and dogs aren't vegan- i guess that is the worst thing. when i don't live with my ex husband ( he was so against it and i don't want to fight anymore) the dogs will be vegan, they love tofu (!!) and the cat will eat his prescription diet - because that is the only thing that has kept him from having another bladder infection.

that is my big slip, the dogs and cat

when i first came to the vf, i was seeking the truth. that is what i found. i ate cheerios like a maniac until someone posted a letter from post cereal that confirmed that they weren't vegan (contrary to the lame ass "i can't believe it's vegan" section of the peta website). now i just avoid anything with crazy preservatives- i have never felt better.

when reading intro posts, everyone is so helpful and supportive- i don't feel that anyone here is hurtful and that would be the only thing that could damage a potential vegan.

if for some sick reason i ate a cheese sandwich, i would want people to "yell" at me- not agree- because how is that vegan??

on the other hand, i do feel for people that can't control their impulses. i don't expect anyone to understand it, but i am a drunk, three days a
    week.

Why would anyone join a vegan forum if they don't like the term vegan? It seems odd.

I love what the term vegan stands for and the philosophy behind it.

Vegan philosophy respects that we all strive to reach a certain point, but I don't think it matters if there are slip ups and I don't think anyone should judge anyone else too harshly. Even owning a computer and printer couldn't be considered vegan and we all seem to do that!

A lovely old guy who coined the term vegan, Donald Watson, died last year. He put lots of effort into vegan philosophy to make things easier for us, so we would be less confused. I think you either believe in it or not, at whatever level your at, if you don't feel you a vegan then it's simple, your a vegetarian or someone who doesn't eat meat. If we don't have terms to describe ourselves meat eaters will never get what we're on about. I don't believe this is 'labelling' in a derogatory way.

that is a lovely way of putting it

donald watson would be proud

Seaside

Quote treehugga
    ...If we don't have terms to describe ourselves meat eaters will never get what we're on about. I don't believe this is 'labelling' in a derogatory way.
    When I think of the many terms that define what I am, I am not thrilled that I must share the label "human being" with bullies, bigots, murderers, etc., but I can't stop calling myself a human being, because that's what I am. I am not as annoyed about sharing the label "woman" with other women, but when it comes to sharing the label "vegan", I want to share it with folks who value being vegan as much as I do. It isn't so much that it should be exclusive of those who are not vegan, as inclusive of those who are, because to me being vegan is the most important aspect of being "me", as it is the best description of what I am, even though I do not match it completely either. The vegan lifestyle doesn't seem like a body of rigid rules that are designed to make me feel like a failure or a bad person if I don't follow them, they are guidelines to a joyful way to live in harmony with the world. I do not feel as confined by them as freed by them from continuing to make the cruel, uninformed choices I made before I became vegan.

If I felt Veganism was about rules and limiting oneself, I wouldn't want to be a vegan. I don't follow any set rules, I eat what I enjoy and I do what I believe in. I think a label can be positive and serve as a guide for omnis who may want to know what we're about.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

tabitha

Mophoto, that is where I fall down the dog and cat thing. I dont buy my cat Iams,Science plan etc., at the moment. However, my cat has a history of bladder infections and if the vet prescribed Iams to ease his suffering what would I do. (just hope it doesnt happen). I have always been proud to use the term vegan, however, lately, especially with some of the comments on the "Capital Punishment" thread, I have been feeling as if Im doing something wrong Maybe Im just paranoid....

For the first few years of being vegan, I was very vigilant about finding every animal related product in everything. Then it became easy, I knew what to buy etc. Then I realised even more hidden stuff and realised that it was impossible and largely impractical to avoid everything. So I lightened up and just to the best I can on the day. My dog also ate meat, which I got my mother to buy. This tore me up inside. My dog has passed now.

If something says 'may contain traces of..." but otherwise looks fine, I buy it. I think this is for allergy purposes.

I will eat commercial bread if I'm in a tight spot and overlook the 471 or amylase which could be present.

I have slipped twice, with two between each choice. I believe this happened because I was sick/desperate. It was an egg product and only a mouthful. I'm sorry I did it but I needed to do it to know that it's not what I wanted. I learnt from the experience.

I don't tell people I'm vegan very often for the above reasons. Am I a vegan if I eat some bread with 471 or took a multivitamin with D3 after buying it by mistake? Maybe not. I also used shampoo/toothpaste when staying at a friend's house once and forgot to bring my own. I find things aren't becoming clearer for me and there are shades of grey. Everyone needs to draw their own line in the sand.

I don't like it when vegans are shouted down for not being 'pure' enough but find myself doing it too when someone eats honey or something with 'just a bit' of egg or milk.

So I like the article and site (shows people we are not extreme and that the lifestyle is not impossibly impractical) but I don't like it for other reasons (shows people we are not committed when our personal luxury and convenience is threatened).

I'll just do it my way. However, I don't thinks it's a good idea to isolate people who aren't perfect in their diet/lifestyle because none of us are really.

I have to say i agree with Seaside. Its not about being perfect its about trying the very best you can. To me being vegan is about checking and double checking, asking lots of questions. I am pround to be vegan and i have no problem with telling people i am vegan. Yes it is just a label but a ladel i have carried for many years. I have no problem if people want to be negitive to me about my diet, that is there problem.

I agree with what most of you have said since my little tirade I am proud to strive to be a true vegan and do call myself one, even with my imperfection. As some of you have already mentioned, my main non-vegan choices deal with my carnivorous companion animals and "left-over" products from before I became vegan. On the first point, I do not feel I should force my animals into veganism. (I have read the arguments for and against making cats and dogs vegan, but I cannot at this point force my beloved poodle and cat to be vegan. I do my best by trying to buy organic and specialty pet foods rather than the more inhumane big name brands, but I still find that an imperfect compromise and not completely vegan ) I also still have leather shoes, but I intend to only buy vegan shoes in the future. As far as food cravings, I really haven't craved any animal-based foods, but (as I've already mentioned) I know I have "slipped" at restaurants by eating some things I was not sure about. I just try my best and strive to be as vegan as I can be, which is to me about reducing the suffering in the world--both animal and human suffering--as much as possible. (Even though there will always be suffering, at least I feel I'm doing my small part to reduce it )

Quote tabitha
    Mophoto, that is where I fall down the dog and cat thing. I dont buy my cat Iams,Science plan etc., at the moment. However, my cat has a history of bladder infections and if the vet prescribed Iams to ease his suffering what would I do. (just hope it doesnt happen). I have always been proud to use the term vegan, however, lately, especially with some of the comments on the "Capital Punishment" thread, I have been feeling as if Im doing something wrong Maybe Im just paranoid....
    I'm not sure what happened on the thread you mentioned (maybe I should go read it and see), but I wouldn't let anyone else scare me out of feeling proud of being vegan. There are all sorts of vegans just like there are all sorts of women

Quote insubordination
    Everyone needs to draw their own line in the sand.

I don't like it when vegans are shouted down for not being 'pure' enough but find myself doing it too when someone eats honey or something with 'just a bit' of egg or milk.

So I like the article and site (shows people we are not extreme and that the lifestyle is not impossibly impractical) but I don't like it for other reasons (shows people we are not committed when our personal luxury and convenience is threatened).

I'll just do it my way. However, I don't thinks it's a good idea to isolate people who aren't perfect in their diet/lifestyle because none of us are really.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly!

The house seems to be full of creme eggs and cardboard eggs full of assorted gummy things and choc things. Every so often I'm tempted to eat one (they do smell good!) but then I just find something else that I will eat - like a piece of yummy vegan choc cake (thanks Cherry) and that sorts it out. Trouble is, that cake's playing havoc with my waistline!

Quote treehugga
    Why would anyone join a vegan forum if they don't like the term vegan? It seems odd.
    If you are referring to Stickydate - I guess it's because she follows a vegan philosophy in her lifestyle - living compassionately, not wearing/eating/using animal derived products Therefore it wouldn't seem odd for her to join a vegan forum.

In addition to this, Stickydate has a history with an eating disorder, where restrictions and labelling are a cause for concern for her. However, I won't go into this any further, as I'm sure if she wants to discuss it, she'll talk about it.

I kind of like that article. I don't think it matters what you call yourself really. It's what you do with your life that matters.

feral

Quote Roxy

I don't think it matters what you call yourself really. It's what you do with your life that matters.
    Too true Roxy

tabitha

One of the little old ladies that I clean for always worries about me because I dont eat anything at her house (she thinks Im wasting away - I wish). She gave me Co-op Digestives and Ginger nuts and Ive eaten the flipping lot!! This is why I NEVER buy biscuits, because I cant just have one.

Seaside

Quote Roxy
    I don't think it matters what you call yourself really. It's what you do with your life that matters.
    I agree, Roxy, and yet, it makes me sad to think that anyone sees veganism as a restriction, and I would like to find a way to change this for those who do. Its not just what you do with your life, but how you view what you do that can make you happy or unhappy, depending upon how accurate your self-perception is.

Seaside

Quote tabitha
    One of the little old ladies that I clean for always worries about me because I dont eat anything at her house (she thinks Im wasting away - I wish). She gave me Co-op Digestives and Ginger nuts and Ive eaten the flipping lot!! This is why I NEVER buy biscuits, because I cant just have one.
    I think one of the reasons my customers find me so trustworthy is that food and drink never disappears from their kitchens when they are away. They don't realize that its becasue there is never anything fit to eat or drink for me anyway!
    Not that I would eat a vegan customer out of house and home if I had the chance.

Quote Seaside
    I agree, Roxy, and yet, it makes me sad to think that anyone sees veganism as a restriction, and I would like to find a way to change this for those who do. Its not just what you do with your life, but how you view what you do that can make you happy or unhappy, depending upon how accurate your self-perception is.
    Yes that's true too.

However, I see veganism as a restriction. Because of the way I choose to live, I am restricting my choices when it comes to clothing options, food options, personal care options, dining out options and lots more.

But because of these restrictions I am a healthier person, I am helping to make the planet a healthier place and I am not contributing to the suffering of the animals.

I hope that the restrictions I place upon myself, will someday bring justice and freedom to those who need it most.

I mainly just find it "restrictive" when I try to go out to eat I just find myself thinking how ridiculous it is that it's impossible to find dishes in some restaurants that I can even eat...especially desserts In most other ways, I don't find it restrictive as I don't miss eggs, dairy, or meat in my everyday life...I actually enjoy vegan food--both the taste and how I feel physically--much more than I can describe

Seaside

Quote Roxy
    I hope that the restrictions I place upon myself, will someday bring justice and freedom to those who need it most.
    I am sure they already have, Roxy. Thank you for your views, they are interesting, and, I think, a good topic for a new thread, if we don't already have one on how people view the impact vegansim has on the choices they make every day.

I don't know if I slipped up or not I just got new carpet and didn't even think to ask about the material the backing was made of (I know the "ingredients" of the carpet and padding)...the guy installing said most backing is made from horse hair. I just tried to look it up on the internet and most of the stuff I found said it's made of nylon and other types of fibers...I'm hoping my installation guy has been misinformed...

i would have never thought to ask either. maybe they used to use horse hair, i would go with the info you found online, it's probably more accurate. either way, enjoy your new carpet!!

Default Cravings - Don't give in...

I'm speaking from personal experience...A few weeks ago, I caved and for 2 wks ate dairy. It was disgusting, but I kept eating it thinking it would eventually taste good...But it didn't. It's been hard, but I'm back to being vegan after some struggles (that stuff really is addictive!)
    I just wanted to say to any of you out there who might be having some cravings...it's so not worth it. You will feel horrible about yourself and what you are doing...whatever you are craving will not taste as good as you think it will. Stay strong...don't make the same mistake I did.
    Please don't judge me...I judge myself and the results of my actions enough and hate what I did and all the lives it harmed. I just figured maybe someone could learn from my mistakes without making one themselves.
    "Violent means will give violent freedom."
    ~Mohandas K. Gandhi

Default Re: Cravings~Don't give in...

Hi nmvegan and thanks for your honesty in posting what you did. We have had a few members here who have had previous struggles with dairy, and who have backslid into vegetarianism - but they, like you, have come back to veganism.

I'm glad you've come back to veganism and thank you for sharing your struggle with us.