Thread: Food labelling

Default Food labelling

Greens senator Brown says he will introduce a private members bill for proper food labelling standards when the Senate reconvenes on Tuesday. This is something that so many people have been pushing for. The Federal Opposition now says it will increase the pressure on the Govt to introduce better food labelling arrangements once Parliament resumes.

Opposition Leader Kim Beazley says the "Fair Dinkum Food" campaign run by Tasmanian vegetable growers has shown how concerned Australian farmers are about proper labelling, especially mandatory country-of-origin labelling for fresh, packaged and processed foods.

Vegetable growers have been demanding a decent food labelling regime for nine years, and the Govt promised in 1996 to fix the problem.

Federal Agriculture Minister Peter McGauran is confident the problem can be resolved. - what does that mean, yes or no?
    Eve

Default Re: Food labelling

I love you Bob Brown.

I WISH everything was honest but alas...the crap they put into even the most natural of foods...ugh.

In a perfect world there would be a V on every product that was vegan...much like the heart foundations tick of approval.

Shopping would be simpler but perhaps not so much fun without the inspecting.

cross barer

I put back a packet of sunflower seeds the other day that seed "made from Australian and or imported sunflower seeds"

I like to buy organic dried fruit and seeds from health shops.

Supermarkets are a worry...especially when dried sultanas contain vegetable oil....I don't see why they can't just bung it out in the sun and leave it there.