Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Recipe sites and food blogs

Default Re: New Vegan Cooking Blog!

I'm looking at making some home made breads myself, so I'll have to give some of your recipes a try. Just kind of confused at how long you leave the yeast to do it's work. I'm only cooking for one so I'll probably cut most recipes in half, or maybe smaller yet.

If you're not using a bread maker, combine the ingredients together and let the dough sit in a bowl, covered, in a dry and warm place for 2-3 hours until it's doubled in size.

Okay I was watching someone on youtube make bread. He let it rise, then he kneaded it, let it rise again, took the air out of it and put it in a bread pan, then let it rise a third time before he cooked it. I bought myself a huge cast iron pan that I'm going to use for all of my cooking, and I noticed you didn't use a bread pan to make your whole wheat French baguette, so I'll probably give that a try

By the way, welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome

Yep, for the baguette I used a bread maker which is the first rise. Then I kneaded it and punched the air out, formed it into two baguette shapes, put them on a cooking sheet, cut the slits in top and let them rise for about an hour, until they doubled in size. You could do a third rise if you wanted to, but I don't think it's necessary.

The crispy smashed roast potatoes look really good!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Thanks twinkle! They're super delicious! You should try them out and let me know how it goes!

partylikeavegan

Default Re: Recipe sites/blogs

Hello! My name is Kelly. Party like a Vegan is a blog dedicated to promoting vegan food and a healthy lifestyle. My goal is to end the stereotype that vegan food is boring and tasteless. I love sharing a plate of delicious vegan cookies with friends and family who would otherwise think vegan food is gross. I’m tired of the bad rap that vegan food has. I’m here to attack those ideas!

Default Re: Recipe sites/blogs

New member, new blog! Vegan cooking can be delicious, but it's hard to find recipes that look familiar and tasty to someone who's been eating meat all their lives. Not everyone is so adventurous as to try recipes with chick peas, kale or vital wheat gluten as the main ingredient. That's why I've created my blog. My goal is to promote that you can still enjoy the foods you used to as a non-vegan and it doesn't have to be difficult! I've just started, but I have plenty of recipes coming. Have a look and I always welcome feedback!

http://www.morethantrees.blogspot.com

2010goodjuju

Default Re: Links to vegan recipe sites

vegweb.com

Default Re: Your own sites / blogs / livejournals

I have translated all my recipes and put them into a new, English blog. Finally finished, took me several days.

http://norwayvegan.blogspot.com/

Default Some Nice Vegan Recipes

I don't know whether anybody has already posted a link to this website, but it has some nice vegan recipes:
    http://www.animalcrackers.org.uk/recipes.htm

Default Re: Some Nice Vegan Recipes

Thanks BilTan - some of those look interesting, and most don't look too demanding in terms of either preparation or washing up Always a consideration here!

Looks nice
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

I am trying the Hearty Mushroom Soup on Saturday - it looks scrumptious! Then in the near future I am going to make the Vegan Shepherds Pie. There are several other recipes which look appealing - better in fact than those in some of the vegan cookbooks I have bought.

Also, as soon as I have some almond milk, I am going to make the Rich Chocolate and Banana Almond Milk Ice Cream from the recipe on this website blog: http://blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites/2...eam-3-recipes/

I used my ice cream maker for the first time on Christmas Day to make some vanilla ice cream to accompany my vegan Christmas pudding, and I followed the recipe in Wheeler del Torro's "The Vegan Scoop". As I did not have soya creamer I used soya topping cream instead. The result was a very rich vanilla ice cream, with an undertaste which I can best describe as being slightly porridgy. Next time I am going to substitute soya single cream for both the soya milk and soya creamer in the recipe, and see how that compares.

However, after more years of using it than I can remember, I rarely buy soya milk anymore, as now I prefer the taste of both coconut milk and rice milk. I can't buy almond milk locally, and so the Rich Chocolate and Banana Almond Milk Ice Cream will have to wait until my next online order for vegan food products.
    Last edited by BilTan; Jan 5th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

The recipes look great, both the sweet and the savoury

Bookmarked it

Wow! The Hearty Mushroom Soup is scrumptious! Probably the best soup I have ever tasted - even better than Broccoli & Stilton which I used to enjoy as a vegetarian.

Didn't get round to making it until today, and the recipe made enough for 4 extremely generous portions. So that's my main meal (with steamed broccoli to complement it) for the next 3 days as well.

Used the dry sherry option in preference to marsala.

Will definitely be making this again regularly!

sunshineandlove

Talking My lunch/dinner blog

Hello my fellow vegans. Here is a blog I've been working at as a new project. Hope you enjoy it

http://delsolkitchen.blogspot.com/

If you like Chinese food, just chop up a bunch of veggies, cut up some tofu, tempeh, or seitan, and fry them up in a bottled sauce.

herbivorewhore

Default Links: Your vegan food blogs

I have a food blog. I made everything on it, photographed it, and ate it. Check it out! herbivorewhore.tumblr.com

Quote dannio View Post
    If you like Chinese food, just chop up a bunch of veggies, cut up some tofu, tempeh, or seitan, and fry them up in a bottled sauce.
    It's better to fry them in oil then add the sauce at the end, otherwise you're boiling rather than frying.

dvp

Default Re: Recipe sites and food blogs

http://www.dailyveganrecipe.com

New vegan recipe uploaded daily!!

Default Starting My Own Green Guy Bruce Vegan Blog

Hello,

I am hoping to help inspire others to convert by posting pictures, stories and recipe ideas.
    I have some more development to do but please check me out at what I got so far.....

http://greenguybruce.blogspot.com/

Thank you