Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegan Brighton (1)

Default Re: Vegan Brighton

I bought up all the Soy Delicious Chocolate Obsession ice cream (4 tubs) in Taj yesterday - sorry everyone. There is only a minty ones left now, though there are quite a few tubs.
    They also had just one tub Chocolate Almond Brownie one which I hadn't seen there before, so I got that too. Lovely.
    *Expanding before your eyes*

i must always go in there at the wrong time, as i've still yet to find any of this Soy Delicious stuff. maybe every time i go in there you've just cleaned them out Marrers
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Lol! Actually it's your fault I felt the need to panic buy!!
    There has always been plenty of stock whenever I've been there before but your post about the cupboard being bare sent chills down my spine and I felt a sense of panic when I though about not being able to get this stuff again!

fair enough, but leave some for the rest of us next time.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Tiggerwoo

Just got back from a day out in Brighton as went up there to exchange some boots at Vegetarian Shoes in Gardner Street....... Was really surprised when I asked the sales assistant what good vegan places to eat there were and she reeled off about ten! Where I live half the time you can't even get beans and a jacket potato so was a nice surprise.

We ended up going to a juice bar...... can't remember the name in Gardner St, then to Infinity which has a brill selection of veggie, although most is vegan, organic and fairtrade foods and had a delicious thai green tofu curry........ Absolutely every food place in that road seems to be geared up for veggies or vegans. Think I wanna move house now!

Tiggerwoo

Went back to Brighton the other day and found a really cool veggie/vegan cafe/restaurant called Wai Kikka Moo Kau......... if you say it quick it comes out as Why kick a moo cow?!

Only went in there for a G and B hot choccie, but will be returning there for dinner very soon, even though it is 70 miles away!

The address is at 11a Kensington Gardens, Brighton. 01273671117 and I even took some piccies for you all to see!

Tiggerwoo did you look at the food menu while you were there? i'm not trying to put you off but the choice for vegans doesn't seem too great these days - they do some good food, but it's rather limited. i haven't been for a while though so perhaps they've added a few more vegan dishes since i was last there. also, i'm not sure what their opening hours are, might be best to check if you're hoping for dinner there.

Aren't there 2 wai kika moo kau's in Brighton?

I heard they started selling flesh a while back, not good.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Wai Kika (in North Laines) is great for tea and cake, I don't rate the savoury food much either. Service is a bit patchy too.
    I think they are open on Friday and Saturday evenings now. (Maybe Thursdays too?)
    The one in The Lanes has changed name and now serves meat so I haven't been in there since so don't know if they can still cater for vegans.

I love Food For Friends or Terre a Terre for dinner. There are loads of great places for a vegan lunch but not too many places to go to in the evenings.

By the way, I was in Food For Friends on Sunday night - they have changed the menu! So lots of new yummy things to try and still a chocolately vegan dessert (tho I didn't have any room left to try it!)

i tried to get in to Food For Friends for lunch last Thursday but it was way too busy, there was a huge queue to be seated and i just didn't have time to wait around. it seemed a bit poncey for somewhere to get a casual lunch too, more of an evening place now perhaps? i remember it used to have a much less formal feel to it.

the former Wai Kika Moo Kau in the Lanes doesn't even label which of their dishes are veggie, apart from a veggie breakfast. none of their menu seemed even vaguely vegan last time i checked. they also sell such 'delights' as foie gras. best avoided IMO.

WHAT????? When did that happen then? Mind you they were never very good at doing vegan, I got buttery tasting stuff in there a few times.
    Silent but deadly :p

that happened ages ago, i wrote about it much earlier in this thread... checking back, it was around November 2004 (see post #9). i never went in that one even when it was veggie - it was a bit out of the way and i always forgot it was there. luckily the Kensington Gardens one is still going and seems to be doing well, it always looks busy.

Tiggerwoo

Thats really wierd.... Then one I went to the other day had about 40- 50% of the menu listed as being vegan, and the rest was veggie (no meat at all) and was heaving with people eating what looked like really yummy food....... well it smelled lovely anyway!

Maybe they've changed the menu recently..... don't know what it was like before, but am still addicted to the chef's special of the day at Infinity Foods!

Wai Kika Moo Kau probably have changed the menu recently, if they have added more vegan options then that's great.

Infinity Cafe was full last week when i was looking for somewhere to eat lunch too... i ended up going home hungry!

Quote Gorilla
    Wai Kika Moo Kau probably have changed the menu recently, if they have added more vegan options then that's great.
    Well I had the new spinach and something with cous cous and was presented with a ratatulie style dish where I amused myself with a 'spot the spinach' competition! I think the vegan dishes are better marked on the menu than they have been recently, but as ever the selection isn't too inspiring.
    With the same menu during the day and in the evenings there is nothing much to draw me back for dinner.

Quote Marrers
    I love Food For Friends or Terre a Terre for dinner...
    By the way, I was in Food For Friends on Sunday night - they have changed the menu! So lots of new yummy things to try and still a chocolately vegan dessert (tho I didn't have any room left to try it!)
    Have you been to Terre a Terre recently? What are the vegan options like at the moment? The last time I went there weren't a great many vegan dishes available. I'm going to Brighton for a birthday celebration meal next week and would like to know which is better for vegans.

At Terre a Terre there are 2 vegan (or vegan option) mains, which is the usual number, out of 6. 'Wotzyuzu Ithai Gnocchi' which I had the other week and 'Tiffin Tandoori Boudin and Plantain Horns' which I have had before - I like them both.
    There are a few starter options, the soup is always vegan. I find the desserts a bit disappointing but that is because I prefer a chocolatey dessert.
    http://www.terreaterre.co.uk/_pages/...ent/dinner.htm

Food For Friends has more vegan options to be honest (majority of mains are vegan or vegan option). They haven't updated their website so are still showing the old menu but the proportion of vegan dishes is still about the same.

Thanks Marrers

I can't believe I've never been to the Chinese supermarket on Sydney Street!
    It's amazing!
    I got spring rolls, deep fried tofu, tons of noodles, fake meat in tins- there's so much there!!
    And then I spent a ton of money at Infinity...!

Hi guys, I'm coming down to Brighto for Spring BH - staying at The Granville and then one night at Pelirocco (yes, the durex room! lol).

I'm looking forward to shopping in Vegetarian Shoes, and I'll also be looking out for other bits and pieces, I'm a fan of shopping!

Troutina, when you go into a chinese supermarket, is the stuff in english as well as chinese?? cause I'd hate to go in to look for fake flesh but because of a language barrier come out with the read thing!!! Cause some of it looks so realistic. I've never been into a CS but would like to try it.

Any other must-see's you guys can tell me about?! We aren't into clubbing but do like a nice vegan meal out.

You WON'T be bored in Brighton!
    The chinese supermarket has pretty much everything in many languages, and the staff are really friendly and I'm sure know their stuff!

Lunches you are spoilt for choice in Brighton!

If you want to find the north lanes, the easiest way is to find Trafalger Street. It's the road which passes underneath the station, and runs right down til you're next to St Peters church. On Trafalger Street is The George at the bottom. Vegetarian Society registered pub, very nice food indeed.

Then from this end, Sydney Street is the first road- this has the chinese supermarket, an awesome charity shop opposite, Dumb Waiter (also cheap- this does all day breakfasts, sandwiches/ baguettes, roasts, lunches YUM! Serves meat though.) Other things which might interest you on this road are Immediete Clothing and the Punker Bunker underneath. Comic book shops. The Bead Shop.

Next road is Kensington Gardens, it has Wai Kika Moo Kau on it- lovely lovely, nice atmosphere, not cheap but tasty and they do soya coffees etc which are supposed to be lovely. On this road there's oddballs (amazing choice of shoes and the owner is vegi so knows which ones are OK.) and cutey. Also book shop next to Cutey. There's Kensington Gardens cafe which does meat but vegan alternatives to almost everything- SO much choice and soya milk too. At the end of this road is Infinity the shop- amazing!!

Next road is Gardner Street- this has a pastie shop which sells one or two vegan options, great for being on the go and TASTY! There's also Red Veg- a yum burger fast food place, all veggie and mostly vegan. Friendly staff though not all are that clued up. There's Infinity Foods Cafe- pricey but it's all organic, fair trade and pretty much all vegan. I feel like its giving money to charity eating there- its such a positive place and everyones really friendly and the food is delicious. They do a couple of vegan cakes. Expect to pay around £10 for lunch and a drink and cake. There's Wildcat, a piercing shop. And punktured for piercing.

Last road is Bond Street. Pulp Kitchen (I know..) does vegan food and awesome smoothies! There's Shake Away which does soya alternatives, havent tried them yet though!

Here's a good map, the Lanes are a bit confusing to explain, you'll understand when you see!

For dinners, there's Terre a Terre (££&#163, Food For Friends (LOVELY!), Wagamama (Ask them about vegan options) The George before 8pm (More for lunchtime) Wai Kika Moo Kau (Weekends only in evenings).

*phew*

Someone else take over...

I LOVE BRIGHTON!

I want to go to Brighton!!! How far is it from [...]? lol I could maybe ask my dad to take me.

Soy Delicious looks awesome!! Someone send me some!!! lol
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Tiggerwoo

Its a long way from Derby, but if you can get to London on the train its about an hour from Victoria station and is definitely worth a visit.

It will have to be a day trip then or something...
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Troutina, have you eaten any of the fake meats from the Chinese supermarket? i bought some and thought it was horrible, maybe you'll like it though! it was nothing like the fake meats i've had in Chinese restaurants, it tasted really odd. i also bought some vegan spare-rib style sauce and it was the saltiest thing i've ever tasted - i just couldn't eat it and had to throw it away. on the plus side a lot of the products are labelled in English as well as Chinese.

i can't really add much more about what to see and do in Brighton - most of the cool stuff is concentrated into quite a small area so you should be able to find your way around pretty easily. i'd advise you to avoid the shopping centre unless you love chain stores that are exactly the same in every town in England there is TRAID in Duke Street though (it's off West Street which you can see on the map above) they sell some funky vintage, second-hand and custom-made clothes. there's a flea market in North Laine (round the corner from Infinity Foods) and a shop called Snoopers' Paradise in Kensington Gardens which are full of old junk, antiques, vintage clothes etc. if you're interested in that kind of thing.

oh yeah if you go to Duke Street check out the Montezuma's shop - loads of their chocolate's vegan, it's well labelled and it's gorgeous

ooooh thanks guys for all the tip offs!! I won't be buying punk clothing though - I'm too nerdy for that. I would love to be buying some nice fairtrade/organic clothing, but unfortunately I'm too generously sized for fitting into that stuff. I have a nice FT handbag that I got recently in the FT shop in Glastonbury (something 'traders', I think!). I love shopping. I love chocolate too although I might be intolerant to it... had a bit recently, now going without for a few weeks, before I allow myself to indulge when we are in Brighto and see what happens. I had a bit of Booja Booja and want to try some more, and the Monte's stuff looks inspired!

Can anyone tip us off to a good place for long term parking, in the area of the Granville? We'll only be using the car to get down there and get back tbh, not expecting to use it while we are there. From what I saw, 24 hour parking is around £10-15 pounds, but if it's anything like where I come from, if you know which one to park in you'd save yourself an utter fortune! ie all day rate vs by the hour.

Brighton is on my list of places to visit - im 30 mins from Birmingham then its 4 hrs direct on the train (only 1 a day) or go via London.

I need to save up as i know il go mad in the shops there and the vege shoe shop.

Think a 2 night stay would be good, have friends in Worthing it would be good to meet up with.

Id have to try as many of the vegan eats as poss too

Can also see a selection of vegan cake going back on the train

Alison

Ooh I LOVE Snoopers Paradise!!
    I could literally spend hours in there, it's huge and filled to the brim with... stuff!!
    Gorgeous jewellery.

Parking... hmmm... NOT NCP!
    Haha. Possibly top floor of the Churchill Square carpark- sometimes carparks are cheaper if you go up to the top floor and pay for a whole days parking?
    Sorry, I'm not much help!
    I think Madeira Drive is the same price as the carparks.

i don't drive so i don't know much about parking i'm afraid, i've heard it's a complete rip-off and there aren't many places you can park in central Brighton these days. but you won't need a car to get around the city centre as everything's within walking distance really (and the buses are good if you need to go a bit further).

Parking is awful, I always get the bus in from Seaford as it's relaxing, lots of lovely scenery and there are 6 buses an hour, 12 and 12A from there.
    I'd park outside Brighton for free, somewhere like Saltdean and get the 12, 12A and 13 in to Brighton town centre.
    My son lives in Brighton and says he can't be bothered with a car as there is no parking where he lives and the public transport is so good.
    Silent but deadly :p

Yeah if I lived in Brighton I wouldn't drive.
    Everything's in walking distance, and the buses are ace.

Oh Gorilla- I haven't tried the tinned 'meats'!
    Hmm well I'll give them a try hehe!

ooooh I'm so excited !!! only two sleep till Brighto!!! Where should we go first??!! We will get there very early Fri morn (probably in time for 8:30 am rush hour but at least that means we can go slow and so more time to look for direction signs!! Really though just need to find the seafront and then head towards the west pier to park at the carpark by the Granville). So anyway, is anywhere v*gan open for breakfast?!!!

Quote Jamie
    So anyway, is anywhere v*gan open for breakfast?!!!
    The infinity cafe opens at 9.30am

http://www.infinityfoods.co.uk/infinity-cafe/index.html

I hope the weather improves for your visit. It's been blowing a gale down here for the past few days.

The Dumb Waiter in Sydney Street and Kensington Cafe in Kensington Gardens both do nice vegan breakfasts, but i'm afraid i don't know what time they open (i'm never up that early!). they're not veg*n cafes (they do meat too) but the vegan food is good. Infinity is lovely, a bit more expensive but a bit more ethical. Red Veg have started doing breakfast but the only vegan ones they seem to do are veg sausage bap or muesli with soya milk.

the weather really is awful here at the moment!

is anyone going to this raw food festival by the way? www.foodoflife.moonfruit.com

i can't because i'm doing the Animal Aid sponsored walk on the same day. it sounds interesting though...

ohhh I hope it improves.... let me go check bbc weather....

oh well it's pretty much exactly the same as here, rubbish fri & sat, a little sun on sunday maybe..! oh I'm going to Lakeside tommorrow I'll have to buy a rain-proof coat from somewhere! I hope there isn't too much brolly rage though, I hate that

Going to be down that way myself on Friday evening, going for a meal, don't know where I'm being taken but I have faith in the person who booked to take us somewhere I can eat.

I'll be in B Town on Sunday, weather looks a little brighter.

Has anyone been to Mint?
    It's on Meeting House Lane?

I'm going in a couple of weeks and haven't been there before.
    Apparantly it does meat, veggie and vegan.

In case any Brightonians (or regulars) haven't noticed, some of us are coming down to Brighton in July.

The more the merrier.

See here

Quote Troutina
    I'll be in B Town on Sunday, weather looks a little brighter.

Has anyone been to Mint?
    It's on Meeting House Lane?

I'm going in a couple of weeks and haven't been there before.
    Apparantly it does meat, veggie and vegan.
    that's the old Waikikamookau that changed to an omni cafe. i haven't been in there because they didn't have anything vegan on the menu last time i looked and were selling foie gras. things may have changed since then though if you've heard they do vegan food.

I went to Old Orleans last night, they were a bit crap for vegan food. I got given fajitas without the cheese. The vegetables to put in them were string beans, peppers and the vast majority of it was mushrooms. It also came with guacamole and salsa (the guy gave me a plate with sour cream on aswell at first, but took it away when he realised the mistake).

The meal was £10! Drinks were expensive aswell. Also, they did not have anything on tap that was vegan so I had to drink bottles of becks and bud making it even more expensive.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it for a vegan but the guy serving our table really did try and didn't make any silly comments when asking for something vegan. He did act like someone that would work at butlins though, much to the amusement of everyone at the table.

i've only ever been in Old Orleans to drink with work colleagues and it's not really my kind of place of anyway...

i love the cocktails at old orleans and the free popcorn but
    i agree the food is rubbish especially at the one in kingston.

There are some lovely italian restaurants in brighton im always spoilt for choice when i go there, but red veg wins every time

Quote Gorilla
    that's the old Waikikamookau that changed to an omni cafe. i haven't been in there because they didn't have anything vegan on the menu last time i looked and were selling foie gras. things may have changed since then though if you've heard they do vegan food.
    Oh NO!
    A friend booked it and she said it was meat, veggie and vegan and I searched it very briefly on the net and someone said it has nice vegan cake!
    Well I guess I'll just have to hope.
    Urg I really hope they dont sell foie gras...

i haven't checked recently so maybe the menu has changed. i didn't like the attitude of the owner so i've avoided it since it went omni.

i hope you get a decent meal Troutina - do let us know what it's like won't you.

Definetly!
    The friend who booked the restaurant said she downloaded a menu and said there were loads of vegan options, so here's hoping!
    It's up to her really, but I'll let you know what I think!

ok now that we are back, I'll try to remember some stuff...! Edited to highlight sections because it was such a wafflefest!

Granville hotel - we were in Mrs Fitzherberts room, which was cosy and sweet, Pascale Morable (or something) toiletries, didn't know if they were ok so only used the soap (had some lush bits with me but nothing for hand washing!). The breakfast was ok - soya milk and marg were available, it says it on the menu too, but perhaps do a sight & smell check when you get it or double check with the waiters - the ones working when we were there weren't native english speakers, and we did end up with a pot of cow milk first when I'd asked for soy milk with my tea, but he may have just not heard the soya bit. I thought it looked a bit pale when it came and my veggie hubby tasted it for me and said he didn't think it was soy milk, so we asked again and the man said sorry and went and got me the right thing (and it did look brownish rather than white, like soy milk should). There was a veggie or vegan breakfast that had sausages, tomato, beans, mushrooms (I didn't have them, yuk), and little potato squares (like mini roast spuds). They had different sausages for the veggie and vegan breakfasts, although I didn't really recognise the brand, it looked like it was quite long and thin, and was cut in half to make two more normal sized ones. There was a restaurant there, veggie but no vegan.

Gosh I can really waffle on can't I?!!

Anyway, so Granville = very nice. Good location too, on the seafront right by the west pier, NCP right by, 5-10 minute walk to the shopping areas.

We also stayed a night at the Pelirocco, which was really expensive but an interesting experience!! we had the room with the 8 foot round bed with mirror above, plunge bath and pole dancing pole and stuff. It had a weird sort of set up for sofa but that was quite comfy for laying down to watch telly. I'd love to go again and stay longer than one night, because we didn't get to try many of the things in the room. It's much cheaper in the week so we'd do that. The round bed was quite nice, although it's in two halves but even the divide in the middle wasn't too uncomfortable. It had a feather or down or something pillows and duvet though, which is a bit sad. The bathroom was MASSIVE, with the bath down the far end, and the bath was like a little swimming pool! lol! although on the first go, there wasn't enough hot water to fill it up properly. I managed it when I tried it the next morning though. The toiletries were Neutrogena.

The breakfast there was a bit unsure - when I checked in they said they definately had soya milk but not sure about marg. In the morning, the waitress didn't think there was marg, but went to check, and said the 'sunflower spread' was vegan. I'm not confident enough yet to ask to see the ingredients myself so I just cross my fingers and hope (but at least I can ask THEM to check, which is progress!). They had the same sort of thing as the granville, although I don't think there was a potato feature, and I didn't recognise the sausages - they had spurty open ends like meat sausages, so I wondered if they were some sort of homemade ones. The taste and texture was a bit like stuffing. There was also fresh fruit, which was nice (granville had canned prunes & grapefruit & stuff), strawbs, pineapple, grapes, kiwis and things.

there is a bar there too - A.F.S. didn't help me out much on which spirits were ok so I just thought anything see-through that wasn't red should be ok! The barmaid helped me out with which of the shooters would be ok (only baby woo-woo), but all the rest had ingredients.

Now to restraunts!! We ate at Terra a terre a few times - not 3 course though!! It was all really nice, especially the tapas, and there were several vegan dishes or vegan option dishes to choose from. I think there were only 2 deserts though - one was a fancy banana muffin, and the other was like dessert sushi! It was all very nice and very creative. My fave was definately the tapas though - a taste around the menu in mini! It says in the veggie guide that you won't get in unless you book, but we never booked and were mostly ok. It probably helps if there are only two of you!

We also went to Food for Friends. I had the sausage and mash but unfortunately forgot to ask for it vegan! so I guess I had buttery mash but apart from that it was nice, and there was ice cream for desert that I think was S.G. raspberry, toffee/caramel, and the mocha one too, in a brandy snap basket. Hubby had a stir fry thing which he said was nice. We didn't book, but did wait for about 20 minutes.

We went to Krakatoa, which had a few small dishes that seemed vegan, only about one, maybe two main dishes, it does omni stuff too. No deserts though. We booked this one.

At The George we had the tapas again, which was quite nice, less fancy than TAT of course! A bit more like a mound of nachos with many different things, whereas the TAT tapas was more like mini individual things. I don't think we had a desert there.

hmmm where else? we went to a juice bar, had a look round infinity foods, popped into ininity cafe to see what cakes were on but didn't have anything. Went to vegetarian shoes - thought it would be bigger, but nevermind. it was very busy and they could have done with more staff on for such a busy weekend. I got some nice sports shoes though to replace my sketches (with suede, yuk! but I had them pre-vegan).

I also looked in lots of other of the cool shops in North Laines, but didn't find much in my size!! Are all people in Brighton short and thin then?!!

Anyway I'm going to leave it there because I'm supposed to be baking a cake. I have to ask though - it is always THAT windy in Brighton?!!

glad you enjoyed your time in Brighton Jamie i'm surprised Infinity Cafe didn't have any vegan cake, they've always had at least one whenever i've been in there. Vegetarian Shoes is quite a small shop, i find it best to go in there on weekdays as it's usually completely empty.

i love the George (i think everyone does!) - i had vegan enchiladas and garlic bread with cheese there last week and it was fab. i think they use Redwood Cheezly or something similar. i can only afford to eat in Terre a Terre about once a year you were lucky you got seated without booking, it was really busy every time i've been there before. i had the tapas last time and i agree it's pretty good if a little strange! i still haven't been to Food For Friends, i can never get a table.

and to answer your last question - yes, it is usually blowing a gale down here

oh they had vegan cakes, just nothing I fancied at the time! I think I really wanted a gooey chocolate cake.

I did go into VS on Friday, and yes it was empty, but the girl behind the counter was really disinterested! Just left me to it, even though she didn't look like she actually had anything to do. Never mind, though! On the Sat it was really busy and they couldn't keep up with all the shoe fetching people wanted.

I wish I'd tried more at the George but it was the furtherest away from us. There was something on the tapas plate that was like sausages in tortilla wraps but it was dead yum. I wish I'd had something with 'cheese' on! that would have been neat.

Terre A Terre cost us about £50 each time, for the two of us. We hardly ever get to go out anywhere that fancy, nice, and vegan friendly, so I didn't mind too much! you expect to spend loads on hols anyway.

At Food for Friends, we just dropped in, and when they said 20 minutes just decided to wait. They had a bench at the desk with a few boring mags and we just people watched really. It didn't feel like it took a long time.

We went to see something called Splash at the marina on the Sunday, didn't see much actual stuff happening besides a huge fluro octopus on a roundabout..! We ate at Withspoons there but stupid me wanted to sit outside... it was gorgeous when the sun was out and the wind died down a little, but unfortunately most of the time we were freezing our arses off and I really wish we'd sat inside, instead!! esp since they were so busy we had to wait about 45 minutes for our meal (Which we ate in about 7 minutes and then ran inside!!) oooh I'm cold just thinking of it!

Quote Jamie
    oh they had vegan cakes, just nothing I fancied at the time! I think I really wanted a gooey chocolate cake.
    ah, i thought you meant they didn't have any vegan cake at all! the chocolatey ones tend to go first, not surprisingly...

last time i tried Food For Friends it was so busy there wasn't even room to wait for a table... really must book in advance next time i fancy going there i fear. at least it seems to be popular!

We went to see something called Splash at the marina on the Sunday, didn't see much actual stuff happening besides a huge fluro octopus on a roundabout..!
    hmm, didn't hear anything about that - oh well! i'm not a fan of the marina myself, seems boring and not very vegan-friendly as far as i can tell. it's always freezing up there too! i didn't know there was a Wetherspoons there - is that the 'upmarket' Lloyds version of Wetherspoons? do they do the same food as regular Wetherspoons?

Quote Gorilla
    i didn't know there was a Wetherspoons there - is that the 'upmarket' Lloyds version of Wetherspoons? do they do the same food as regular Wetherspoons?
    yeah I think it might have been - I remember seeing lloyds signs as well and wondering which one it was supposed to be!! It was just about the same food as we get at my local witherspoons, which mind you, is just as 'upmarket'! So I guess we are lucky around here because loads of people on this forum say witherspoons is a dive.

there was also a pizza express around there so it's not THAT bad for vegans really.