Thread: Health of Qld-ers

Cool Health of Qld-ers

Mr Beattie says Queenslanders have to take more responsibility for their own health. "Too much smoking, obesity, ageing of the population are all putting huge pressures on our system," he said.

Liberal leader Bob Quinn says Queenslanders do not need a lecture from the Premier about their health. [he would say that wouldn't he!]

Mr Beattie says the Government will consider running more aggressive health campaigns targeting eating habits, but denies he is apportioning blame.

Well I certainly hope Beattie does target eating habits - especially helping people look after their own health by cutting out meat, dairy, and eggs. That would be far less expensive than encouraging people to ingest more tablets, going to the doctors, and getting their insides cut up. If only the govt and doctors understood the significant impact it would have on our wellbeing if more and more people cut out animal products completely. Boy, can't wait for that day, though I realise that I won't be here to see it.
    Eve

cross barer

Default Re: Health of Qld-ers

God its stupid isn't it... spending taxpayer funds on ads saying "don't eat junk food" when they could just put taxes on the food. But oh no, can't do that, that only works for cigarettes and alcohol