Thread: Wow... Sunflower Seed Butter!

FR

Default Wow... Sunflower Seed Butter!

I picked some up the other day, and wow, I am impressed. I made a sandwich with the butter and apricot preserves. Man, my tastebuds are jumping for joy!

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: Wow... Sunflower Seed Butter!

I like it too but it is so SWEET! I got several free jars from varoius companies at the Natural Products Expo, and I seem to recall that my local Trader Joe's used to carry one but no longer do.

FR

I picked mine up from Trader Joe's.

never seen any in Britain

Could you make it just like making peanut or cashew butter (the only two I have tried so far)
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

FR

Quote assilembob
    Could you make it just like making peanut or cashew butter (the only two I have tried so far)
    I'd assume that you could make any seed or nut butter at home.

Thanks for the info - I am heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow and will look for this!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

FR

Quote Dianecrna
    Thanks for the info - I am heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow and will look for this!
    I hope you find it. CC said the Trader's near her stopped selling it.

1vegan

I've had it, maybe, or pretty sure not the brand you name, and I didn't like it.

I want some too, you American get all the nice food products...
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Monki makes brilliant Sunflower Seed Butter here in Europe (I know, because I'm a little hooked on it!). Maybe the Monki stuff isn't available in Sheffield?
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Not at my haunts, but Korn, you give me hope my dear man!!
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

But we can buy it mail order Catmogg, see here although at that price we'd better not get hooked on it
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Quote Poison Ivy
    But we can buy it mail order Catmogg, see here although at that price we'd better not get hooked on it
    If sunflower seed butter is your poison Poison, you're heading for financial difficulties some time soon....

- Byron

Now I guess you finally understand why we have a donation system?

Quote catmogg
    If sunflower seed butter is your poison Poison, you're heading for financial difficulties some time soon....
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

yummm!
    though i admit i prefer almond or cashew butter myself. or macadamia.. now that is *pure* decadence...

do any of you know of a good vegan chocolate spread? and preferrably organic. the only one i can get is not very nice at all... kind of oily. ick. (it's the rapunzel organic one by the way, called Choco i think)

Green and blacks need to make one of these. I'd love to find one too. Ooooooooooooo, imagine, nut butter and chocolate spread on wholemeal toast. Yummy yummy. and you could put it in banannas too and and and... (becoming delirious...) Hang on a minute, don't they sell it on veganstore in the sweet things section. I'm off to check...

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    Ooooooooooooo, imagine, nut butter and chocolate spread on wholemeal toast. Yummy yummy. and you could put it in banannas too and and and... (becoming delirious...)
    you crack me up.
    i'd love it if i could find green and blacks, must see if i can! yay for g&b.. they do such great stuff!

Amarle, i'll have you know i take this kind of thing very seriously indeed.... Now, i've done my research and despite nearly being distracted into prurchasing some minxy fudge mixes, (oh yes, they tried to to scupper the whole mission but no, i was onto them) i've arrived back here and i've got the skinny on that spread...

So, its by chocoreal and is available in original (so i'm guessing thts just pure chocolate heaven) but then there's also hazelnut and if thats not enough to drive you nuts at the very thought there's swirl, which is, wait for it... chocolate and vanilla kind of, well, in pychodelic swirls. And they're only 2.99. That's 2.99. So, should i be in the marketing department for veganstore or what??

No giggling.

- Byron

Oh lord, you're not English are you, so none of this info will help you at all. Well don't you have a vegan essentials site or something. Somebody, help us. Qucik. Matter of extreme urgency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Byron

Talking Re: Wow... Sunflower Seed Butter!

once again catmogg brings me to my knees in histarical laughter!
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller

Quote jjdaiquiri
    once again catmogg brings me to my knees in histarical laughter!
    don't just sit there laughing, my goodness girl, have you no feelings, no compassion for your fellow forumers, will you sit back and split your sides while others are without a chocolate spread supplier. I ask you, where can this poor person meet her needs, you are from a similar neck of the woods, are you not????????? Or do you have no feelings at all. You look all cute and fluffy in your kitty guise but are you some kind of monster to mock in such a fashion??

- Byron

Damn, she's from NW not NY, what a fool i am! A fool. Can no one come to her aid?

- Byron

Hello Friends

Can someone tell me what the ingredients on the pack are. Is it only Sunflower seeds.

Antony
    Nuttelex eater

Wild damnations, she may not be a she. What a further fool i am, and so very judgemental to immeditely assume someone with an interest in choclate spread would have to be female. Some men have taste too. I appologise profusely. It was the fudge, it has addled my brain. I must return to veganstore, i must have it. It will be mine. No, no, i will control my desires. Ahh but it would be such fun to make the fudge... no no, it will not control my taste buds so... ah but think of the things you could add to the mixture, glace cherries, almonds, orange peel, cookie dough...yes yes but it will not solve the mystery of life... no no but who needs to consider such things when they have fudge, ooodles of chocolatey, vanillaery fudge... no no, it is to much, the fudge the fudge, it will be mine, alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll mine....

- Byron

Hello? Hello? HELLO? GOOD LORD, ARE YOU OKAY?!? Someone get a medic quick! I'm getting no response from the patient..........
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

splutter splutter, did someone mention fudge. Am i alive???

Hello, my name's Catmogg and i am a fudgaholic.

- Byron

hehe.

I feel the same way!
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

ok, to set the record straight... she's a she and she lives in nz, not ny or nw... nz, people. NEW ZEEEAALAND.

new zealand where there's no such thing as a totally vegan store. *whimper*

Asi, you're among friends. Let it all out, we have a doctor on site....Its um, good to talk...

- Byron

Poor, poor baby.
    Quote amarle
    ok, to set the record straight... she's a she and she lives in nz, not ny or nw... nz, people. NEW ZEEEAALAND.

new zealand where there's no such thing as a totally vegan store. *whimper*

- Byron

*quietly crying to myself*

Not cos you're from NZ, of course but cos you can't get your mitts on the spread. Oh dear i give up, its very late and im clearly incapable of sensible conversation. Enough from me.

- Byron

Quote amarle
    *quietly crying to myself*
    The tragedy of it, my heart goes out to yer duck.

- Byron

i hear ya.
    go sleep, catgirl... dream sweet vegan dreams and wake up smiling...

Quote amarle
    i hear ya.
    go sleep, catgirl... dream sweet vegan dreams and wake up smiling...
    Yes, sleep i must... ahhh but the fudge, the pesky fudge...

- Byron

sleep with the fudge, that'll surely quell that desire for a while...

Quote Korn
    Monki makes brilliant Sunflower Seed Butter here in Europe (I know, because I'm a little hooked on it!).
    For sunflower seed butter newbies, maybe I should add that at least in my opinion, sunflower butter tastes better when mixed with something else, like Streich (another European bread spread, also containing sunflower seeds), tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, alfalfa etc. Just like some sorts of tahini and ie. raw onions, the taste can be almost a bit too intense alone. I'm on my way to get a slice of sunflower bread with all the above mentioned ingredients right now....