Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soyatoo vegan spray cream

Thumbs up Soyatoo vegan spray cream

I just bought a very tasty vegan spray cream made by TofuTown. It's lovely added to vegan trifles and desserts and can be bought on-line from veganstore. You can also get a vegan whipping cream.

http://www.veganstore.co.uk/

Default Re: Soyatoo vegan spray cream

Is it really nice? I was wondering about ordering some as cream is one of the things I occasionally miss. Does the kind in the can keep better than the other kind? Don't think cream in aerosols had been invented when I used to eat such things

It keeps for three weeks. I think it's nice, but it is very sweet which may not go down well with everyone. It's not something I'd buy very often, just occasionally as a treat.

I sometimes make vegan trifles, and the whipped cream was always the missing ingredient, so it's perfect for that.

Thanks *M* - sounds as if I should give it a try. I guess you could compensate for the sweetness by having it with something tart (like rhubarb without any sweetening )

Oh wow, squirty vegan cream, you could loose your mind to the possibilities...
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

It's very nice straight out of can into mouth as well

I won't enquire further!!!
    Quote Kumem
    It's very nice straight out of can into mouth as well
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    I won't enquire further!!!
    You just had to lower the tone

If I'm thinking what you're thinking, then I hadn't thought of that
    If I'm thinking what you're not thinking, then I am a dirty pervert

No comment...

- Byron

I've heard rumours about a kinda vegan custard pie fight at the October Bristol Vegan Fayre using this squirty cream. Pictures will be taken for sure.

Its also good on a hot choccy.

Kevster

Sounds interesting, i might be inclined to throw a pie or two....

That might help Mr Kev, considering that I've already said you'll do it. Oh didn't I ask you first .... oops!

I can confirm it's good, I've been getting it for over a month now. Works particularly well with vanilla icecream, chopped nuts, chunks of chocolate cake and warm fresh chocolate fudge sauce, but can also confirm that direct from can to mouth works too

One negative thing is that it can't be kept in the fridge (only cooled before use, which requires far too much planning) and looses its consistancy within a few minutes. I can't remember whether dairy squirty cream does the same or not.

is the whippable version being sold anywhere other than online yet?

yogini

Quote Mr Flibble
    I can confirm it's good, I've been getting it for over a month now. Works particularly well with vanilla icecream, chopped nuts, chunks of chocolate cake and warm fresh chocolate fudge sauce, but can also confirm that direct from can to mouth works too
    thanks for triggering off a chocolate craving mr flibble!!!!

Quote Mr Flibble

One negative thing is that it can't be kept in the fridge (only cooled before use, which requires far too much planning) and looses its consistancy within a few minutes. I can't remember whether dairy squirty cream does the same or not.

is the whippable version being sold anywhere other than online yet?
    I kept my can in the fridge all the time and it worked fine straight from the fridge. I found that the first couple of squirts of the new can lost their consistency quickly and the rest thickened up quite nicely.

Both the whippable and the squirty versions are sold by veganstore.co.uk as far as I know.

If you like coffee, this stuff works very well as a topping, with a drop of cointreau in the coffee, and maybe a sprinkling of cocoa powder over the top for an arty effect

Quote twinkle
    If you like coffee, this stuff works very well as a topping, with a drop of cointreau in the coffee, and maybe a sprinkling of cocoa powder over the top for an arty effect
    Could be a plan whilst I spent yet more time procrastinating over which espresso machine to buy so I can make proper lattes.

I have tried it as a topping to cocoa tree hot chocolate, although I generally don't get as far as making hot chocolate and sprinkle the shavings on ice cream instead.

Being the sophisticated type I've been craving some scones for a while now, I need to track down some of the whippable stuff sometime.

The squirty stuff is far, far, far better tasting than any vegan 'cream' that I've tried before either in restuarants, from cartons or stuff made fresh from nuts.

Ooo cool! I need some money in my bank so I can order some.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

the squirty version is available in some health food stores, if you don't want to order online

At GNC and holand and barrots there isn't any. They have hardly anything most of the time.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

yeah, never seen it at either of those too, their slant seems to be more vitamins and alternative health products than vegan products. I've seen it only in an indepandant store, who I don't believe buy it direct from the manufacturers so it must be available wholesale in the UK.

Tut i wish there was a proper health food store in [...]

I am a partner in a health store and we sell the Soyatoo spray cream and the topping cream. It is available from The Health Store in Nottingham, one of the major wholesale suppliers to the indie Health Food stores. If your local health store doesnt stock it, ask them too. They don't even have to buy full cases of it!! They can order a single carton/can of it if they want. It is the nicest soya cream that I have ever tasted!

Now people have tried this and know it's worth buying, I have a question -

Why does my squirty cream always seem to run out so quickly!?

It feels as though there's some left in the can but that the propellant has run out. Maybe it's just that I'm unrealsitic and expect it to last forever?!

So anyway, mine's run out

I love Soyatoo cream sprayed on a biscuit thats been coated in Chocoreale spread, sooo yummy

That sounds pretty good MaisiePaisie. I don't have any chocoreale spread OR squirty cream though How depressing.

Quote Cherry
    Now people have tried this and know it's worth buying, I have a question -

Why does my squirty cream always seem to run out so quickly!?

It feels as though there's some left in the can but that the propellant has run out. Maybe it's just that I'm unrealsitic and expect it to last forever?!

So anyway, mine's run out
    I was so excited by the thought of Soyatoo and Chocoreale biscuits that I didn't even read the whole thread properly In answer to your question, thats happened to me too and I had to throw away half a can. Don't really know why it happened, maybe we should complain.

I think it tastes really nice but it dissolves into nothing very quickly. So i find it a little pointless.

Puffin you're not eating it fast enough

Lol, that is true

Cherry, Maisiepaisie i have the exact same problem as you!! Both of the two cans i had seemed to still be half full but i cant squirt anymore out!! I thought i wouldnt bother getting anymore if they only gave you such a stingy amount. Could there be some kind of fault with this product/batch? Both of mine were from vegan store... We should defo complain!!

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    Both of mine were from vegan store... We should defo complain!!
    Yeah mine too, pity I've thrown it away now.

Hmm, with the last can I bought of squirty cream I bought none came out at all! Verrry frustrating

Oh my! None at all!? And I was feeling hard done by!

Well since it's not just me, I think we should definitely all complain I wasn't sure if I was imagining it.

Puffin, honestly.

did you keep it in the fridge like you weren't meant to do? It goes hard if you leave it in there too long.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Oh...

PS Mine weren't from Vegan Store, and were bought a few months apart, so I reckon it's not just a particular batch.

Quote Mr Flibble
    did you keep it in the fridge like you weren't meant to do? It goes hard if you leave it in there too long.
    No, not at all. So you haven't had this problem Mr F? Is it a phenomenon particular to girls?!

No, the only times it's gone hard and not squirted properly is when it's been too cold. It only needs to be in there for 15 mins or so to get the good combination between temp and squirtability. It just needs warming up a bit again. If you get it just right then it's the ideal temperature for eating.

Personally i like squirting it directly into my mouth, i seldom get round to actually putting it on anything these days

No comment

Don't know about you two, MaisiePaisie and Catmogg, but that definitely isn't the problem with mine. Mine hasn't been in the fridge for at least 24 hours. It's at room temp, and it feels half full, it just won't squirt

Well, I did hear it's quite common for vegans to have problems with squirting, but as I say i've had it quite a few times now and never experienced problems - I thought it was just propoganda. Are you sure it's not just the way you're doing it?

Good heavens Mr Flibble! Shocking.

No, I'm *QUITE* sure it's not the way I'm doing it, thank you!!

before this thread gets all unnecessary i'd just like to add that my can didn't last very long either, and i didn't keep it in the fridge. i haven't bought any more because i was a bit disappointed with the amount i managed to use, and i don't think i can recycle the can which bothers me.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Cherry

Puffin, honestly.
    Sorry, i cant keep up with you hardcore eaters I like to take my time and taste my food but if you lot want to scoff it down then enjoy yourself, just dont say i didnt warn you all when you cant fit into your jeans

I didn't have any problems getting mine to squirt, but I didn't clean it off afterwards and I discovered it was all covered in mould the next time I got it out
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

Well, I got mine from vegan store too. I tried squirting it straight from the fridge and tried (with help from others!) to squirt the darn stuff at room temp for at least a couple more days afterwards. But it was not to be...
    It has put me off buying it again.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Soyatoo squirt cream. I was in shock when I found it at one of my natural stores. I have had it on strawberries and chocolate chips and in hot chocolate. Mine's in the fridge. No problem yet squirting it.
    My husband read the can and says to shake it twice and hold it completely upside down to squirt it. Forget if you are supposed to shake it while it's upside down or not.? Now I am worried that I didn't rinse it off last time and it might be moldy??? Horrors....must run home and check !

I only bought one can because I didn't know how we'd like it, but I am going to go back and buy more. Tonight I plan to put it on hot chocolate again...yum! I am listening to the Chocolat soundtrack and just finished the book Chocolat. .. LOL!

I have had non-squirting problems as well but I'm not a conscientious follower of instructions and probably didn't rinse the nozzle when I should have.

I have a second can in the cupboard that hasn't been broached - will be interested to see if that is still in working order when I eventually get around to trying it.

I daresay they could improve the design but Rome wasn't built in a day

Quote Rob(QG)
    I didn't have any problems getting mine to squirt, but I didn't clean it off afterwards and I discovered it was all covered in mould the next time I got it out
    Ah yes, I learnt that lesson too

It's not that the nozzle is blocked though; it's like the cream is in there, the can is in perfect working order, but there's no propellant left to get it out (and onto my chocolate cake )

Mine seems to be half full but nothing comes out of it!!! It costs a lot really to waste so much of it.

Join the club/protest group

There are 4 of us so far

lol ok

Can we hit the makers with the tin of cream which won't come out? I'm feeling in an angry mood...

Mine has actually got dints in already so it looks like i've been bashing someone with it already. lol