Thread: vegan fashion!!!

Default vegan fashion!!!

So, running the risk of being percieved as a total air head (!!) i'd really like to hear some views on this... (Is anyone interested, where do people shop and what about avoiding sweat shop production, etc.. ) I always feel really smug when an omni asks me where i got my gorgeous bag or whatever and i can tell thenm its vegan!! Hee hee...
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Default Re: vegan fashion!!!

i have had lots of people ask me where I buy stuff from. For example Vegan shoes are available in many street markets for as cheap at 15 quid. When I say vegan, the shoes are made of syntehtic material. But people are curious about the history of such products.. Was it made by prisoners who get paid about 2 pounds per day, or did it come from somewhere in India where people are paid less for their hard work... When we answer such questions, it is important to note that being vegan is also about ethics to mankind and the environment. So you should tell people that you made sure that it was an ethically correct handbag or shoe etc. Buy goods made in your own country if you are not sure and tell curious people that you took enough care to buy your fabulous handbag.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

aye aye capin'!!
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    aye aye capin'!!
    Roger that!!
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

I agree with Kiran_2K about the human ethics of fashion. It is difficult, but not impossible, to buy ethically made products. I actually purchased sandals the other day and went to the website, which stated they were so cheap BECAUSE they were made in the U.S. (I am now sooo confused about outsourcing). If something is made in your own country at least it's more environmentally sound as well (for the most part). Prisoners making products doesn't bother me. Children and repressed women/men making products does bother me.

I just had this very conversation yesterday with the woman cutting my hair after she asked me if my new sandals were leather. Here is a picture of them.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Lovely!!

- Byron

Ah a clothes thread lets balance it out with some male stuff, see despite the so-cal image vegans and veggie don't all dress in crappy cloth sacks and walk around in flouncy clothes and as for the so-cal male image yaahhh get off me in open toe sandles dancing to folk music in cloth trousers and creased cotton grandad shirts do me a favour.

Decent clothes for men is sometimes a mission and my clothes do vary all be it on the alternative side but I do shop around and buy what I can where I can.

More PVC biker jeans that what I need LOL, not but seriously you do need to look around hard but you can find stuff if you are prepared to look.

I mean I even bought a pair of chunky New Rock boots 100% vegan I had to get them from the states but it was worth it, people can not beleave they you could get vegan ones until I showed the web site.

In the past I have had clothes made if something I liked and wanted was not around in a vegan format, mind you in my town I know a lady who is Vegan and makes clothes to orders as well.

As for the summer well I love just T-shirts and shorts and beach bum clothes usualy but not messy, but all that is cotton any how so no worries, as for footware well it's OK us men do have a few choices.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Default You guys gotta help me!

I'm new in Denmark and need to get myself ready for the winte! If there are any vegan Danes out there reading this post, please reply!
    I need elegant boots to wear to work,
    I need a coat (preferably elegant, wouldn't want to look like a hiker),
    I need to know where to buy thermal clothing - as a matter of fact, I don't even know how wear thermal clothing since I've come from a very hot place and never had the opportunity before...
    Also, it would be nice if someone could tell me some names of perfume brands/stores that are sold in Denmark.
    And of course, everything must be vegan, 100% cruelty-free!!!

Thank you ^^