Thread: Vegan restaurants in Orlando

Default Vegan restaurants in Orlando

Hi

Does anyone know of a nice posh vegan friendly place in Orlando where I could go for a meal after my wedding?
    I am looking to book something before I go and want to make sure I can eat somewhere really nice for such a special occasion.
    I am staying right near Downtown Disney, and we are not hiring a car, so somewhere close would be good. However, my parents are hiring a car, so if there is nothing close then further options can be considered.

Thanks

Liz

Default Re: Vegan restaurants in Orlando

I found an upscale restaurant named Dux at the Peabody Orlando (hotel) located at 9801 International Drive. They will do a 3 course vegan meal with 24 hours notice. They are not a vegetarian restaurant, however, and you will most definitely be sitting amongst meat-eaters. But if you want upscale, this is the way most US cities are - the pure vegan or veggie places tend to be very casual. Anyway, I found them on this link.

Congrats on the wedding!
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Thanks a lot for this - it looks great and is exactly what I was after. Sadly, all my family eat meat and they would not want to not eat meat, including my other half. So that place is ideal.

This is not a posh restaurant but you can find some good stuff at the Garden Cafe. Here is a little blurb...

Chef David Chan has been in the kitchens of some of Central Florida's most popular Chinese restaurants, and now he's opened his own place, in an old Pizza Hut on busy West Colonial Drive. Chan's fabulous way with Oriental cuisine gets a new twist: It's all vegetarian, and his philosophy, stated in the menu, is "Forgo the meat without giving up taste." Even though you'll find fried oysters, roast plum goose and ribs Hong Kong style, there's not an ounce of meat -- it's all tofu and fresh veggies, seasoned to fool the palate. If you don't need meat, try his eggplant with basil or stuffed wild bamboo strips. He uses no garlic or onion, the bane of mediocre kitchens. Instead he makes his own broth from fresh vegetables and is a wizard with spices.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Wow that sounds great too Maya. Thank you
    I am going to write these places down, although I think I will book the first posh one to make sure they have plenty of time to make me a scrummy 3 course vegan meal.
    I think I will take everyone to the Garden Cafe and not tell them about the lack of meat (unless it is blatantly advertised that it is veggie!). My family are not the type to get mad and feel tricked - it's more likely to make them think about being veggie or vegan.
    In fact my parents love veggies (more than me), but it's my bf that is not keen on veggies.
    I gave him 'the talk' tonight about his unhealthy diet and think it is sinking in slowly.

Hi Kumen,

I'm glad that restaurant may work for you. You might want to mention that it is your wedding day and that you chose this restaurant just for the vegan option - this will hopefully spur them onto making you the best vegan meal they have ever done! It's worth a try.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Good idea