Thread: Fat-Free, Sugar-Free Cocoa Recipe.

Ideologue

Default Fat-Free, Sugar-Free Cocoa Recipe.

Please can you post here any cocoa recipes you know of that do not include sugar or fat (margarine, oil, etc.).

I would like to learn of a recipe that includes cocoa powder and Soya flour, but nothing 'bad'.

Thanks.

Default Re: Fat-Free, Sugar-Free Cocoa Recipe.

Hmmmmm - I don't know of any off-hand. But I will keep my eyes open for you

Cocoa powder is generally not very nice without some sweetness added -- or that has been my experience anyway, and I'm quite a fan of it. What do you mean by "no sugar" though? Do dates count?

If not, you could try boiling dates in a little water until they go mushy and then mixing in cocoa powder to give you a chocolatey base mix that you can add nuts/oats/seeds/dried fruit/sugar-free biscuits to and then leave to set in the fridge.

If you like eating cereal you can sprinkle a bit of cocoa powder into it to make it taste choolatey (cinnamon can also be nice).

If you like hot chocolate, you could try making it with a reduced amount of cocoa and some alternate sweetner (cinnamon perhaps, or banana). Or you can make a more bitter mix using coffee.

I've found that frozen bananas, blended with soya (or rice or oat) milk make a really nice icecream. If you added a bit of cocoa or cocoa/date mixture before blending, I bet that would work too. More milk would make it into chocolate/banana shake.

Just experiment A little cocoa powder goes a long way... Once I mixed cocoa with water and just spread it thinly onto plain biscuits to liven them up a bit. You have to eat them before they go soggy but if you really want a chocolate biscuit and can't buy either chocolate or biscuits (and don't happen to have any sugar) then they satisfy the craving.

Of course.. too much cocoa might make you feel sick..

I need to know how to make a good drinking cocoa! I'm still addicted to cocoa with honey - I've been using less honey with a bit of stevia - but since using honey is bad, I need something else. I tried malt extract but it turned out horrible. I don't take sugar either.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote miss cocoa
    I need to know how to make a good drinking cocoa! I'm still addicted to cocoa with honey - I've been using less honey with a bit of stevia - but since using honey is bad, I need something else. I tried malt extract but it turned out horrible. I don't take sugar either.

Brown rice syrup or agave nectar is a healthy, low GI, animal-friendly, tasty sweetener

Brown rice syrup is macrobiotic and agave nectar can be raw and is low on the GI

Thank you!! I'll put those down on my shopping list.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote miss cocoa
    Thank you!! I'll put those down on my shopping list.
    The agave will be the closest thing in terms of sweetness/taste