Thread: Vegan makeup (Melbourne)

Default Vegan makeup (Melbourne)

Hi people!

I had a look back in previous threads, but my specific question wasn't answered, so it probably won't hurt to ask it here.

My vegan Zuzu Luxe eyeliner is about to run out, as is my Natio eye makeup remover, and I don't want to order more over the internet. Mainly because it's expensive and I'm pretty poor at the moment, but also if there are local businesses out there in Melbourne that sell vegan eyeliner / eyeshadow / other makeup, then I'd like to support them. Are there any mainstream brands of eyeliner/shadow that also happen to be vegan? What are Australian/Melbourne vegans using for make-up these days?

Many thanks!

Roastie

Default Re: Vegan makeup (Melbourne)

I've still got my old makeup so I haven't switched over yet.

I do however use that paw paw stuff on my lips (it's really good)..it comes in a red tube or tub.

For mascara I have yet to find any that you can buy in a shop...so I think unfortunately that has to be bought online.

In regards to natio- you don't have to buy their products online, they sell there stuff in heaps of stores...I've seen it in chemists, Myer...etc etc..they are everywhere.

Natio’s skin care range is free of animal by-products.

Only our Liquid Lipsticks, Pure Lip Cremes, and Lipsticks contain lanolin and our Mascaras contain beeswax and shellac, the rest of the colour range is free from animal by-products

The body shop aparently has some vegan stuff as well, although I am not sure if the makeup is.

Innoxia which is also available at shops..chemists etc has vegan makeup:

http://www.livejournal.com/community...72.html#cutid1
    (this link has what is vegan and what is not at Innoxia)

That's the best I can do right now...health shops have lots of great finds but you have to be careful because alot of their stuff is still non vegan.

I'm in Sydney but my Natio came from Myers

My natio toner came from the local chemist but the info I had was that only SOME natio products are vegan. Please explain?

Have you tried any AESOP products? They are listed in the CCF product list, and I emailed the company to double check before buying any. They are very yummy! They seem a bit expensive but the pump pack shampoo I bought about six weeks ago is only about a third gone, and two people are using it. Cost $39.

Natio’s skin care range is free of animal by-products.

Only our Liquid Lipsticks, Pure Lip Cremes, and Lipsticks contain lanolin and our Mascaras contain beeswax and shellac, the rest of the colour range is free from animal by-products

The toner should be fine

I'd like to try Aesop but it's too expensive for me!

Not currently a vegan

Quote Roastie View Post
    Hi people!

I had a look back in previous threads, but my specific question wasn't answered, so it probably won't hurt to ask it here.

My vegan Zuzu Luxe eyeliner is about to run out, as is my Natio eye makeup remover, and I don't want to order more over the internet. Mainly because it's expensive and I'm pretty poor at the moment, but also if there are local businesses out there in Melbourne that sell vegan eyeliner / eyeshadow / other makeup, then I'd like to support them. Are there any mainstream brands of eyeliner/shadow that also happen to be vegan? What are Australian/Melbourne vegans using for make-up these days?

Many thanks!

Roastie