Thread: Guilty for my first twenty years.

Default Guilty for my first twenty years.

After spending around a month lurking around this forum, watching you all talk, I’ve decided to take the plunge and sign up.
    Have to admit this is one the most informative and humorous resources I’ve found for the vegan,

I’ve been vegan now for two months(previously being a vegetarian for just over a year). My friends are still getting used to this and interrogate me in-depth every time we meet, some find it amusing to do things like waving steak in front of my face whilst saying “mmnn dead flesh, look at the blood on that”.
    Not sure how the meat eating friend thing is going to work out, I’m fairly sure that the stronger my conviction becomes in my vegan beliefs the more difficult it will be to reconcile our differences. I know only one other vegetarian, but they’re the type who still thinks it’s okay to eat fish.
    I bike 22 miles every work day and have lost a stone in weight (friends and family cry out “see, being vegan can’t be good for you”), but I feel healthy and there’s no sense of guilt when I pass fields of sheep and cows; just need to find a healthy way to put the weight back on.

Looking forward to the vegan festival in London

Hola

Default Re: Guilty for my first twenty years.

Quote Rozzwellian
    After spending around a month lurking around this forum, watching you all talk, I’ve decided to take the plunge and sign up.
    Have to admit this is one the most informative and humorous resources I’ve found for the vegan,

I’ve been vegan now for two months(previously being a vegetarian for just over a year). My friends are still getting used to this and interrogate me in-depth every time we meet, some find it amusing to do things like waving steak in front of my face whilst saying “mmnn dead flesh, look at the blood on that”.
    Not sure how the meat eating friend thing is going to work out, I’m fairly sure that the stronger my conviction becomes in my vegan beliefs the more difficult it will be to reconcile our differences. I know only one other vegetarian, but they’re the type who still thinks it’s okay to eat fish.
    I bike 22 miles every work day and have lost a stone in weight (friends and family cry out “see, being vegan can’t be good for you”), but I feel healthy and there’s no sense of guilt when I pass fields of sheep and cows; just need to find a healthy way to put the weight back on.

Looking forward to the vegan festival in London

Hola
    Dear Rozzwellian

the universe wants so badly to forgive you and accept you onto your chosen path.

I find the friend things depends on your character. Don't be drawn into game playing. People say almost anything to support their addictions. Act with compassion, for yourself as well as others.

Welcome here.

Antony
    Australia

Welcome, Rozzwellian

I'm sure you'll find a ton of yummy recipes on here and other sites that will soon have you piling on the weight. www.vegweb.com is great for recipes, and I can recommend the happy vegan chocolate chip cookies made with Maya Gold cut up into chunks instead of chocolate chips

ETA: Oh, whoops, you said *healthy* ways to put the weight on, didn't you?

Gliondrach

Hello, Rozzwellian. Welcome to the vegan home for ex-meat eaters. You spent a month lurking and still decided to join - after reading all those inane and even insane posts? You must be keen.

Now that you've admitted your guilt you can get on with your life. Go, and sin no more.

Yes, lots of good recipes are to be found here. Was the weight that you've lost excess fat? If so, it's nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Martin.

Quote twinkle
    Welcome, Rozzwellian

I'm sure you'll find a ton of yummy recipes on here and other sites that will soon have you piling on the weight. www.vegweb.com is great for recipes, and I can recommend the happy vegan chocolate chip cookies made with Maya Gold cut up into chunks instead of chocolate chips

Ooh, yum!! I just made those last night to bring to a covered dish thing. They're really good.

yogini

welcome!

why not cook up an amazing vegan meal for your friends? theyll be so busy noshing away that they wont be able to interrogate you!

as for keeping weight on, when i first was vegan i found weight falling off but since i adjusted my diet im back to my normal weight again. if youre not a big eater then you can do this with nuts and avocados, using flaxseed oil or other vege oils...more concentrated sources of energy.

glad to have you here!
    carrot

Quote twinkle
    Welcome, Rozzwellian

If I’m going to have to stuff myself full of delicious chocolate cookies then so be it; I’m willing to make that sacrifice. Life can be so cruel.

Quote Gliondrach
    Yes, lots of good recipes are to be found here. Was the weight that you've lost excess fat? If so, it's nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Martin.
    It wasn’t excess fat, I used to weigh 10 and a half stone but now I’m just under 9 and a half. Don’t think I was getting my calorie intake, so I’m trying to bulk up a bit with some pasta dishes.

Rozz, please don't let the U.S. media know how you lost weight or we'll have a new diet out in no time.

"Lose weight on the brand new VEGAN DIET. Stay tuned for details!"

Please keep this to yourself. Meat-eating yanks may be lurking about the forum.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Quote Dianecrna
    Please keep this to yourself. Meat-eating yanks may be lurking about the forum.
    You are right!!

1vegan

Welcome to the board