Thread: for Sydneysiders!

Thumbs up for Sydneysiders!

World League for Protection of Animals (WLPA) will be holding another of their successful film nights in Friday the 30 September at 7pm in their offices in Gladesville. We will be screening the amazing documentary “Peaceable Kingdom” about ordinary people making an extraordinary difference. It tells the stories of four people and their involvement with large-scale factory farming.

The first is Harold Brown, a man raised on a beef farm in Michigan, who is haunted by memories of sending his beloved animals off to be slaughtered. Brown interacts with cows living on a rescue farm, and re-evaluates his relationships with these creatures. The second story is that of Howard Lyman, a Montana cattle rancher whose experience with cancer creates a desire in him to "make things right." Finally, the documentary tells the story of Gene and Lorri Bauston, a couple who own the largest farm animal sanctuary in the United States, and who have worked to bring to light cruel agricultural practices.

A light supper and refreshments will be provided. Non-members are very welcome. For more information or to RSVP please email admin@wlpa.org or call 9817-4892.
    Eve

Default Re: for Sydneysiders!

Another couple of events:
    Vegan Vegetarian Sydney Social Dinner - Everyone is welcome at the next VVS social dinner. Come along and meet like minded people and enjoy quality veg food at Laurie's Vegetarian, 286 Bondi Road, Bondi Beach at 7pm on Friday 23 September. Jacket Potato, Veggie Burgers, Curries, Pasta, Salads and Desserts. Tasty Vegan & Vegetarian options. There is a limit of 12 places only so book early, RSVP to Ramesh on 0403 944 764 or email smiles@myplace.net.au.

Vegetarian Network Victoria (VNV) The next VNV social lunch will be held at 1.30pm on Saturday 24 September at the Rainbow Silence Heart Café at 280 Bridge Road, Richmond. “Our restaurant has a global vegetarian menu served in a calm, peaceful, light environment. Our mission is to nourish the neighbourhood with delicious food and drinks that we make from pure, simple ingredients. As well as fresh salads, lasagne, curry and dhal we have tofu balls, pastries and the best burger. Our freshly infused chai has been declared the best in Melbourne.” All welcome, so come alone or bring a friend. RSVP to Sandy on 0402 253 979 or vegans@optusnet.com.au
    Eve

Default Re: for Sydneysiders!

Quote eve
    Another couple of events:
    Vegan Vegetarian Sydney Social Dinner - Everyone is welcome at the next VVS social dinner. Come along and meet like minded people and enjoy quality veg food at Laurie's Vegetarian, 286 Bondi Road, Bondi Beach at 7pm on Friday 23 September. Jacket Potato, Veggie Burgers, Curries, Pasta, Salads and Desserts. Tasty Vegan & Vegetarian options. There is a limit of 12 places only so book early, RSVP to Ramesh on 0403 944 764 or email smiles@myplace.net.au.
    I should be there. I went to the last one and had a great time. I got an email from Ramesh the other day asking me if I was going to do again

Antony
    Australia