Thread: Heart Foundation

Default Heart Foundation

I've just had door knockers here for the heart foundation. Does anyone know if they test on animals here in oz?? The person collecting didn't know either. I didn't want my money being used to torture animals???????

Default Re: Heart Foundation

this may not help you since you are in australia and i am in the u.s. but i recently got a booklet from peta that says the american heart association funds animal expermentation... i bet if u emailed peta they could help you. i was shocked to find out the american red cross funds experimentation but the canadian red cross doesn't fund experimentation. glad i found my own way to donate to the hurricain victims.

i think Mophoto's right you should check

Thanks, I will ask peta. I went onto the Australian heart foundation sight but couldn't find anything.

(don't know what i expected, pictures of animals being tortures. Yeah, like they want everyone to know........sneaky sneaky)

when i got my little peta booklet i was shocked at the organizations that donate to animal experiments. i did a 6 mile walk for the march of dimes (savin' sick babies) they are on the bad list.

Kevster

The British Heart Foundation certainly do. I seem to remember a little cycle ride in honour of their animal testing/lack of prevention strategy. The BHF is just unbelievable, so blinkered.

http://www.britishheartlessfoundation.com/

The Australian Heart Foundation is certainly not listed in the Humane Charities List, so they most probably do use animal testing. It was really annoying this week that the Heart Foundation this week started giving their 'tick' to eggs, and even came on screen to say that eggs are healthy! Check the Humane Charities List at http://www.humanecharities.org.au/
    Eve

Quote eve
    The Australian Heart Foundation is certainly not listed in the Humane Charities List, so they most probably do use animal testing. It was really annoying this week that the Heart Foundation this week started giving their 'tick' to eggs, and even came on screen to say that eggs are healthy! Check the Humane Charities List at http://www.humanecharities.org.au/
    Yeah I saw the egg thing

get ready for a barrage of advertising telling you that eggs are OK

they didn't actually say that the way I read it the said that eggs weren't the worst or something like that. No doubt they have a big FAT blood soaked cheque in the mail from the egg board

antony

Geoff

Australian Heart Foundation DO fund animal testing which, they tell me, is necessary!

I heard that they give a tick if they receive a donation - but I don't know that for a fact.
    Eve

cross barer

I spoke to an academic at the University of Newcastle last year who was conducting research on the cells of greyhound hearts. He was very keen to point out that no parts of the animal were 'wasted' and that separate parts were scavenged by different researchers in the Medical Science faculty for their purposes.

I don't know if it is the Heart Foundation funding his research, but it is somebody.