Thread: Any vegans near London Ontario???

Default Any vegans near London Ontario???

tricia Posted: Nov 10 2003, 09:36 PM

Hey everyone... im looking at moving to London but i dont know anyone there that is vegan/vegetarian... i was wondering if London is vegetarian/vegan friendly... how is london living wise etc.. anybody living there sending me info would be great...i currently live in hamilton which isnt too vegan friendly..i havent met one yet... come out come out whereever you are :unsure: ttyl...

tricia

Diana Posted: Nov 12 2003, 04:34 AM

Hello Tricia:
    I live near London (dh + dd+ cats & dog) in the countryside. We're vegetarians although not vegans or planning to be. Frankly I wish I knew! We moved here from K-W altough we're originally from T.O. DH works in London now & we liked the area. I do know there's a natural food co-op in London which carries vegetarian/vegan foods, called the London Food Coop at 621 Princess Ave. They
    've a website (519-679-0570), can't say if it's really good, we haven't been there yet, we shop mostly nearby or in Stratford. Still, I will one of this days start to get to know London better (we haven't been here long) so if you're still here I can let you know if I discover anything. Hope you'll do the same!

tricia Posted: Nov 13 2003, 12:43 AM

Diana,

thanks for the info.... i think all the vegans and vegetarians are undercover in london somewhere.... h34r: even in hamilton.... there arent many people that are vegetarian or vegan or there in hiding... :unsure:

jill Posted: Nov 16 2003, 10:41 PM

oki doki, here's what i found:

London-934 Dundas St E-The East & West African Restaurant (not purely veg, but with veg options)...it says at least 3 veg dishes, and one veg special each day.
    &
    268 Piccadilly-Grains Beans and Things (this is a natural food store)
    &
    621 Princess Ave-London Co-op Store (organic produce)
    &
    1016 Oxford-Lyn-Dys Health Food (organic produce)

**Doesn't look like London has as much as K-W, but the site I took this from shows Toronto area and the rest of Ontario

http://www.vegetarian-restaurants.ne...arioMiddle.htm

craigj Posted: Dec 3 2003, 02:17 AM

Hi Tricia: I just discovered this website. I've occasionally met a vegetarian or two in London, but not a vegan. I hope you move here. It would be nice have another one of us in the vicinity.

Last year, I rented a room to a student who wasn't a vegetarian. It turned out to be a lot better than it could have been. Thinking back on it now, I'm awfully glad that he didn't prepare or cook slabs of meat. He only opened cans of things and that I could handle.

I'm 51 and have been a vegetarian since 1975. There are definitely very few vegetarians or vegans in my age group, but it's nice to see the younger generation embracing it in much larger numbers.

There used to be a great vegetarian-only restaurant in south London by the name of Ching Sum. It was run by a Korean family, but it closed down a few months ago. I'm hoping they reopen it, but no luck so far.

Regards.

Craig

Gewalt Warten Posted: Jan 7 2004, 12:51 AM

Hello,

Just found this forum as well while searching for vegan-friendly restaurants in London. (No luck with that quest yet - any help would be appreciated).

I don't live in London but visit every once in a while. My wife and I live in K-W. For the most part, vegan-friendly restaurants are hard to find anywhere outside the core of the GTA.

Many say they can accomodate vegans by modifying vegetarian options, but they often have a hard time understanding what no animal ingredients really involves.

Cheers

Julie Posted: Jan 13 2004, 05:13 AM

Hi,
    I have also just come across this site, as similarly looking for veggie restaurants in the london area. We have recently emigrated from the U.K. and living not far from London. Been here 6 months now, with the animals in tow. I don't usually post on veggie issues, as although i've been a vegetarian since i was 10, and i'm now 43, i sometimes find some peoples views extremist. This i have found often alienates people who are meat eating, yet caring individuals. Problem is i'm a realist. If animals have to be culled and they are always going to be, then i would much rather it be done in a manner that is respectful as to their being sentient beings. Don't get me wrong, i would much rather no animal ever be culled for their flesh, or their fur. In the U.K. animal lobbyists try to stop fox hunting by laming the hunt horses. Where is the sense in it? Fox hunting is wrong and barbaric, but it is'nt the horses fault. I guess i'm hoping canadian veggies have more sense. In the short time i have been here, i have acquired a flock of chickens, and three pot bellied pigs all destined for the table. I know i can't save the world, but i can help a few animals along the way, and in my minds eye, if everybody, could just help a little, there would be far less animal suffering. The world would be a much better place for it. Then again, problem is often people just arn't nice to each other either. It's all a matter of respect, and education. Love and light.
    Julie.

Gunawan,Agnes Posted: Jan 28 2004, 05:34 PM

I've been vegetarian for just five months now. Well actually not vegetarian--a raw foodist -- would probably best describe my diet -- I consume primarily raw food - fruits and vegetables. Wow!! What an improvement in my health. I had a number of chronic conditions-- which I won't go in to -- which have disappeared. I want to shout it from the mountain top that this is the diet to heal life's diseases but I know that I am an extremist and that few would listen.

Check out the website for The Living Centre -- www.thelivingcentre.com Just outside of Lambeth. They hold raw food dinners throughout the sunnier season.

Another location to check out is Maggie's Restaurant 292 Wellington Street St. Thomas 519-633-5160 - - they had a great vegetarian menu available on the net a while ago although I can't find it now -- they're opening a second location in London at 145 King Street 519-679-6244 -- should be open around the 6th of February. --- Hope this helps ---

Luke Posted: Feb 5 2004, 05:32 AM

I'm vegan and live in London, I'm 15 and have been Vegan for like 2 years, I know about 4 other vegan people my age, and lots of vegitarians too. One good place to go in London is the Market. they have a Falafel place and the "New Delhi Deli" it's really small but they have lots of different vegan Indian food. you can also find vegan chocolate there to YUMS!

Alexandra Posted: Feb 6 2004, 04:46 PM

I'm a UWO journalism student working on a freelance documentary on vegetarianism.

I've been hearing from dieticians that some young people are now using vegetarianism as a way of disguising severe dieting. These poorly planned vegetarian diets often result in young people developing severe anemia, osteopenia and various eating disorders.

Do you know anyone who fits this profile, a young person who has become ill as a result of a poorly planned vegetarian diet? It would be really interesting for me to talk to someone like that.

Alexandra Posted: Feb 6 2004, 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Luke @ Feb 5 2004, 05:32 AM)
    I'm vegan and live in London, I'm 15 and have been Vegan for like 2 years, I know about 4 other vegan people my age, and lots of vegitarians too. One good place to go in London is the Market. they have a Falafel place and the "New Delhi Deli" it's really small but they have lots of different vegan Indian food. you can also find vegan chocolate there to YUMS!

Luke,

I want to know more about why someone like you decides to become a vegan. I'm working on a project at UWO, and would love to know more.

Korn Posted: Feb 6 2004, 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Alexandra @ Feb 6 2004, 04:46 PM)

Do you know anyone who fits this profile, a young person who has become ill as a result of a poorly planned vegetarian diet? It would be really interesting for me to talk to someone like that.

Hi,

Is it more interesting to find someone who has become ill due to an poor vegetarian diet than someone who has become ill due to an improper poor based diet?

Is it more interesting to speak with a person who become ill due to a poor veg diet than someone ho get well due to changing to a veg diet?

The society is full of habits, commercials and pressure towards eating animal products. Finally people are waking up to the fact that animal diet causes a lot of suffering and illness. This makes me curious about why someone want to document the (few) that possibly suffer from a bad veg diet than all those who suffer from a animal based diet........

You might be a hardcore vegan and want to prove that the cases you mention are close to non-existent – what do I know. But I'm a curious guy!

Alexandra Posted: Feb 6 2004, 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Korn @ Feb 6 2004, 05:07 PM)
    QUOTE (Alexandra @ Feb 6 2004, 04:46 PM)

Hi,

Is it more interesting to find someone who has become ill due to an poor vegetarian diet than someone who has become ill due to an improper poor based diet?

Is it more interesting to speak with a person who become ill due to a poor veg diet than someone ho get well due to changing to a veg diet?

The society is full of habits, commercials and pressure towards eating animal products. Finally people are waking up to the fact that animal diet causes a lot of suffering and illness. This makes me curious about why someone want to document the (few) that possibly suffer from a bad veg diet than all those who suffer from a animal based diet........

You might be a hardcore vegan and want to prove that the cases you mention are close to non-existent – what do I know. But I'm a curious guy!

The point of the story is to show that a good vegetarian diet is healthy and to warn against the dangers of a badly planned vegeterian diet. From what dieticians have been telling me, some young people may turn to a vegetarian diet without a complete understanding of how to stay healthy. The story is meant to inform people in an effort to prevent this problem, NOT to suggest that a vegetarian diet is unhealthy.

And yes, there are many negative health consequences of an animal-based diet, and yes, there is a story to tell there too, one that has been told, and one that I may also tell another time.

Pan Posted: Feb 9 2004, 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Alexandra @ Feb 6 2004, 04:56 PM)

I want to know more about why someone like you decides to become a vegan. I'm working on a project at UWO, and would love to know more.

Hi, I became a vegan when I was about 15-16.... what do you want to know?

Korn Posted: Feb 10 2004, 12:58 AM

These poorly planned vegetarian diets often result in young people developing severe anemia, osteopenia and various eating disorders.

If this is true (that this happens often) it shouldn't be difficult for you to find some of those cases...

About a "planned diet", personally I think this expression is a bit misleading. The reason people who come from a background of animal products need to "plan" when dropping meat etc., is simply that they need to get new habits. If someone who come from a vegetarian or vegan family background wanted to become meat eaters, they would have to "plan" their diet too, in the sense that they would have to learn how to make food and buy ingredients different from what they were used to.

From what dieticians have been telling me, some young people may turn to a vegetarian diet without a complete understanding of how to stay health

This might be true for people who are not young too; maybe even more so, because they've had even more years behind them collecting bad habits.... I think young and old people in general, are far from having a "complete understanding of how to stay healthy", so it will be interesting to see how your work will progress - let us know!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your documentary can turn into something really interesting, but please don't forget that media/journalists in general loves telling stories about people (or products) who claim to claim to be healthy and fail. If you live in a town with 100 stores selling unhealthy food, and a journalist finds one unhealthy product in one health food store, there's a big chance that this poor product that maybe was found to be gene modified or whatever will get a full page in the news next day, but the sad truth about the stores that sells junk food every day, will never be covered. OK, I'm known to occasionally exaggerate, but just a little –I hope still hope you get my point...

Chris McCowan Posted: Apr 6 2004, 09:52 PM

Hello.

I've been a vegetarion for around 10 years. I've lived in london for 11 years.

I'm not a Vagan, so not all of these will apply to you but here are my favourite places to eat out in town. (in no particular order)
    Veggie spring rolls are great (ask for alternative peanut sauce instead of fish)

Mikanos (Very popular Greek Restaurant)
    Tonnes of vegetarion selection, everything is good

Out 'N' Back (wonderland past Westmount and Canadian Tire)
    Incredible spinach salad

El Emancer (on Viscount between Wonderland and Commissioners)
    Veg. chimichanga (Best salsa in town)
    This place is a gem, please try it out

Takayama (at the Covenant Garden Market downtown)
    Very good vegetarian sushi

Under the Volcano
    Good veg chimichanga (not as good as El Emancer but bigger portions if that's Important to you and you might be able to find a two for one entree coupon)

The Japanese Express (at Masonville -not sure if it is called Japanese Express)
    Fantastic Veg Sushi and cheap too (better than Bento Nouveau which is also at Masonville)

Mandarin Buffet (on Wellington)
    Vegetarian selection and food quality has vastly improved recently
    When the veg. sushi rolls are fresh, they are top notch

New Delhi Deli (at the Covenant Garden Market downtown)
    Peas and Paneer (not vagan but they have vagan choices)

Hum Hums (on York between Richmond and Ridout)
    Falafel and Homous + Dip

Pita Pita (next to the EastTown Pizza on Wharncliffe near Baseline)
    Good Falafel or Homous sandwhich
    Best Grape Leaves in town

Falafel Place near Richmond and Carling
    Good Falafels

Non - VEGAN
    ----------------

Prince Albert's Diner
    Greek Fries (feta cheese, olive oil and olives on fries)

Planet Pizza
    Not for vegans but they have great gourmet toppings at a cheap price, not the best pizza but very good value

Tony's
    Famous for ther Panzerotti's -- I also like their pizza. VERY heavy on the moz. cheese. If you are in the mood for greasy.

Taco Bell
    7 Layer Burrito (Taco Bell serves some wierd stuff but the 7-layer is great - you would pay at least $7 for the same thing at a place like Plantations)

There is many other places with decent vegetarian selection, but these are the ones that are on my radar most of the time. You can also check out Black Friars or the Green Tomato.

For shopping you should check out the Chinese Grocery on Hamilton road, I don't know what it's called but if you ask locals about it -- many are familiar. There is also King Wah on York which doesn't have as much selection but has very competitive prices (it's within walking distance from work for me.) There is a great indian grocery in the plaza behind Sears Outlet on Oxford and another one just up the street, next to Strokers Billiard. There is a couple of great West indian grocery stores as well.

Good Luck,
    Chris McCowan
    http://www.11elements.com

Chris McCowan Posted: Apr 6 2004, 10:07 PM

London Pros
    ---------------
    close to Toronto
    close to Stratford
    good kung fu club if you are into that (http://www.pakmei.net)
    good university
    good schools
    beloved wild turkey + turkey caution sign on Riverside
    JLC

London Cons
    ---------------
    housing is expensive
    taxes are high (property etc)
    conservative
    bad drivers
    bad roads

CGM
    http://www.11elements.com

Guest Posted: Apr 8 2004, 01:07 AM

Hi there!
    I also live in London, and am veggie. The last post had lots of goo ideas, but also check out:
    Vietnam restaurant
    1074 Dundas Street east
    457-0762
    this is my favourite place to eat out in London. Numbers 3,5, 23 & 24 are all veggie, and Vegan except for the possibility of white sugar in the dipping sauce. They also do a nice veggie pad thai. Also, the Pad Thai rice bowl on richmond also does great veggie thai.
    Home Restaurant
    119 king st.
    438-5122
    Home has lots of veggie options, and will prepare vegan if given some notice, although there is always at least one vegan option available without warning. Every two months they have a vegan feast, last one was $26.95 for a really incredible 4 course meal.
    Good Luck!

I realize this thread is out of date now, but I will chime in with another suggestion for restaurants in London that are vegan friendly:

Thai Taste. It's up on Dundas East, past the cop shop, in what amounts to a hole in the wall. Very small, run by a husband and wife who I believe moved here from thailand. Many meat dishes are offered, but the vegan dishes are prepared separately, and they are outstanding. Highly recommended.

yes i know this is a terribly old thread but...
    speaking of london vegetarian/vegan restaurants does anyone here remember a place called ching sum?
    it was a vegan chinese food restaurant that had the best food i've ever had!!
    they served no meat at all but their menu was just like any other chinese place...with chicken balls, chicken fried rice...
    they closed down almost two years ago and i still crave and miss it.

Default Purple Veggies

Wow, I was really excited to find this thread of vegans in London. I find that vegetarian resources are few in this city of ours. In fact, as part of UWO's vegetarian club, Purple Veggies, I'm hosting a forum at the university specifically on the topic of being vegetarian in London. It's mainly for students, but if you would like to attend and even voice some advice, that would be excellent. There will be a local nutritionist, a local animal rights activist, and we're still looking for a vegan member of the community. It's been awhile since people have posted here, so I do hope some of you actually see this message...the forum will be March 15.

Hello All,
    I’m just moved back to the London area. I’ve been a bit disappointed in the available food selection for vegans. I miss Whole Foods! Groceries, Eating out and baby food seem to be quite hard to find. I am a vegetarian but basically follow a vegan diet. I was hoping to get some information on where I can get a vegan birthday cake for my son’s first birthday that is coming up but after reviewing some of the old replies I have the feeling that I am out of luck. I just have to bake one myself. If by change there is a place out there let me know thanks.

artfulvegan

Default Re: London Ontario!!! -Vegan Resources

hi! i'm a vegan and i go to school in london. i'm actually from woodstock. london is in NEED of a vegan store! we need vegan foods, etc! i think it's a great idea to open a vegan store/eatry!

and you're web site doesn't work

Hey, I'm from London.
    27 year old male Vegan....

I was vegetarian for about 2 or 3 months, during which time I slowly became Vegan, and have been one for just over a year.
    During an self education period (that is still going) of constant Documentary watching, audiobook listening, and research, I had an epiphany. An
    Awareness came over me that most people here are familiar with...
    So becoming Vegan didn't seem like much of a choice to me. It had to be done.

London is ok. I've been here all of my life, so I'm pretty familiar with it....
    Forests are being destroyed all around here, houses going up, big box peddlers moving in with lots of "goodies" to keep people stupid.... yuh know, nothing I would consider abnormal.

The only Restaurant that I know of, that has actual Vegan dishes is Maggies. http://www.maggies.ca/
    My Sweetheart (vegan) and I, have tried everything on the menu. Very good food, atmosphere, and Maggie is really nice too.
    Here is a few healthfood stores that should have lots of Vegan food (QuarterMaster does for sure):
    - QuarterMaster Natural Food 176 Wortley Rd. London 519-438-6306
    - Get Around Organics 16 Byron Ave. E London 519-679-4382
    - Lyn-Dys Health Food 1016 Oxford Street East London 519-455-5573
    - BulkBarrel or Bulk Barn carries all KINDS of nUTS, TVP, Quinoa, Spices, Vegetable soap, Turbinado sugar, tabouli mix, most kinds of flour, even a few essential oils for soap making etc.

Not much for Vegan clothing here. Non sweatshop that is...
    We get most of our stuff online.

As far as Vegan gatherings or whatever... I don't know of any. I only know of 3 other Vegans, non of which I hang around with. I stopped seeing them before I became one.

There is a private school that I worked on that I recommend for Vegan Children (and any children).... more on that if you care.
    London Waldorf School
    7 Beaufort Street
    London, Ontario
    N6G 1A5
    Phone: 519-858-8862
    Fax: 519-858-8863
    london.waldorf@odyssey.on.ca

I think it would be a great idea to open a Vegan shop here Melissa! We would definately come. As far as the demand for one... I'm not sure since I'm not in any kind of a "scene" anymore.
    If you do decide to do it... and you need an Electrician, let me know.

Kurt

artfulvegan

Kurt, all that info is great! i was wondering about the health food stores in london (if they actually had anything worth while)!

artfulvegan

Smile Ontario Vegans!!!!

Hello all my fellow Ontario vegans!!!

i've recently created a yahoo group for ontario vegans (there's also one at myspace.com but it doesn't have very many features). the group can be found here:

Ontario Vegans Yahoo Group

as the main page of the group states :
    "This group is for vegans living in Ontario. This group will serve as an information resource, as well as meet-and-greet. Sharing, compassion, unity, and passion. Places to eat, buy, hang, and visit. Sharing stories, ideas, information, and resources. Action for animals, the environment, and personal health."

please join if you're interested. i think it is important to get connected with and stay connected with people who share common goals, values and ideas.

hope to meet ya soon!!

jamie

artfulvegan

Wink Re: Any Vegans Near London Ontario???

Hello all my fellow Ontario vegans!!!

i've recently created a yahoo group for ontario vegans (there's also one at myspace.com but it doesn't have very many features). the group can be found here:

Ontario Vegans Yahoo Group

as the main page of the group states :
    "This group is for vegans living in Ontario. This group will serve as an information resource, as well as meet-and-greet. Sharing, compassion, unity, and passion. Places to eat, buy, hang, and visit. Sharing stories, ideas, information, and resources. Action for animals, the environment, and personal health."

please join if you're interested. i think it is important to get connected with and stay connected with people who share common goals, values and ideas.

hope to meet ya soon!!

jamie

Default London Ontario Vegans

Hello all,
    vegan London couple here. We have been vegan for between 10 and 13 years and vegetarian for a few years before that (ages: he 31, she 28). We are very active outdoorsy people and both work professionally with wildlife research and conservation. We are involved in a ton of things (fitness, rescue, mixed martial arts, music etc.), but lately have had little time for anything due to a hectic fieldwork schedule. We've both spent over half of our lives involved in some way or form in the independent music scene (punk, hardcore, indyrock etc.) but our animal interests began long before this. We've went from dozens of vegan friends all over southern Ontario, down to only a couple left over the past 10 years or so. Quite frusterating since most of these people are not even vegetarian these days, but that's how it goes with most people it seems. We are compassionate idealists, sarcastic goofs, dedicated environmentalists, too mature and too immature at the same time and we tend to work way too much!

A few spots of interest that we've found in London:
    --New Tai Hu Restaurant on Dundas (south side between Clark and Highbury). They have the best pad thai I have ever had, unbelievably good (make sure you ask for NO EGG). They have a few other tasty options as well. Cheap.

--Enat Restaurant. On Horton St. (south side between Wellington and Adelaide, right beside a chinese restaurant). Ethiopian food. Ask for the mixed vegetarian platter. It is the only dish, but very good. You use the flat bread (similar to a crepe) to dip into various lentil, pea, kale etc. curries. (Cheap, but the place is not super pretty).

--Curry Garden. On Richmond, north of York St. on east side. Indian food. A few choices.

--New Delhi Deli as well as a middle-eastern restaurant. In Covent Market, downtown. A few vegan options.

--Tak Sun Restaurant. On Wellington between Horton and Baseline (a bit closer to Horton though, on the east side). They have a few good dishes.

--Apparently a King's Cafe (same as in Kensington Market in Toronto) is opening in London downtown this summer. I'll keep you posted. I've heard some of the people that ran Ching Sum will be part of this? Hope this turns out.

Otherwise, the majority of restaurants and health food stores have been covered in the other posts on this board.

I should mention that Quarter Master health food store has wicked vegan muffins, made fresh each day, and vegan peanut butter cups. They also have a ton of other great stuff.

Lin-Dys Health food store on Oxford street had vegan cinnamon buns once, maybe they get them in on a regular basis? A good selection of organic produce as well.

Post up if you are from the area and are up for going out to eat one night in the near future. Maybe we can get a small crew together for vegan eating and to share some good company.

Default Re: Any Vegans Near London Ontario???

Clemmys

I'm glad you posted all of those restaurants, my hubby is always on the road and quite often in London. He'll be pleased to know where to go for real food. I sometimes go on the road with him for mini vacations, which one would you recommend as the best (atmosphere and food)?
    It is challenging to stand as a minority; but doing so sometimes makes a hero.

I forgot to mention, my hubby stays at the Delta Armouries, so it would have to be within "reasonable cab ride" distance.
    It is challenging to stand as a minority; but doing so sometimes makes a hero.

Atmosphere and vegan food? Unfortunately most of London's restaurants can not acheive both... However, the Tak Sun restaurant on Wellington has an o.k. atmosphere, as does the Thai House restaurant at Wellington and Commissioners (near A&P) and of course Maggies downtown. Too bad these are not fully vegetarian, but a few dishes are good. At Tak Sun, let them know you are vegan (and remind them what that entails) and they will point out which dishes are available.
    The closest restaurants (with vegan options) to the armouries are Maggies, Tak Sun, Covent Market, and Curry Garden. I may have missed one or two? All are within walking distance (Tak sun would be about a 20 min. walk, the others under 10 min.).
    Good luck.

Greetings,
    I have just received a phone call from May the Daughter of the operator of the new Zen Gardens indicating that it is scheduled to open on August 6 2005. This is great news for my family and I as we cant stand the fact that we havent had a single ALL VEGETARIAN RESTAURAUNT in London for years. If you are familiar with the Kings Cafe in Kennsington, Toronto this is what it is modeled after, I am told. I wont be able to make it in on the opening day but will be there as soon as I can. The operators are great people, very dedicated to the vegetarian cause and I am ever so confident that they will make a viable entity out of this establishment.
    Please give them a call before you are planning to arrive just to make sure that there have been no construction delays.

Sorry, forgot the address and phone
    344 Dundas St , near Waterloo
    519-433-6688

blinknoodl

Zen Gardens - 344 Dundas Street (across the street from the Delta Armouries) - 519-433-6688 - is a restaurant entirely vegetarian and non-vegan dishes are marked. The Fried Bean-Curd and veggies is really good. A bit on the pricy side, but the meals are great.

I live in London and I am a vegan, but I have only ever meet one other Vegetarian that doesn't go to my school, never another vegan.

BTW i didn't know about any of these restrants thanks

Talking Re: Any Vegans Near London Ontario???

Hello Tricia - I'm an English vegan living in London, Ontario. I find Canada generally not at all vegan/vegetarian friendly. I have been vegetarian for over thirty years and vegan for approximately 11 years. I have found a nice Indian restaurant downtown London called Masseys - although not a vegetarian/vegan set up, they are very helpful with vegan diets - leastaways they were with me. Every lunchtime they put on a buffet, three meat dishes, three vegan dishes - so that's fair. I have yet to visit any vegetarian/vegan restaurants - although I am about to search the net as a matter of curiosity as I do most of my own cooking and as a rule do not trust pre-packaged food! My reasons for being vegan are purely that I adore animals and I cannot bear cruelty - there is nothing so vulnerable as a creature that cannot talk and cannot run away. I wish you the best of luck. Gladys Arkwright

Hello, I'm a vegan living in London, Ontario! I'm living with a family of pescetarians and one vegetarian... I miss my vegan fridge back in Montreal! I'd love to get together and cook with another vegan.

@ GladysArkwright

London is definitely in the infancy of its vegan tolerance, but we can help make it better! Some delicious all-veg restaurants include Zen Gardens on Dundas (all-vegetarian asian food, and items on the menu are clearly marked as having eggs and/or dairy. Items with no markings are vegan), and Veg Out on Richmond at Pall Mall, beside Blue Ginger - I've been tonnes of times! Their entire menu is vegan, and extremely tasty!

Anyone from London still residing this forum??

Default Re: Any vegans near London Ontario???

@Korinne88, not sure if you are still looking but I live London!

Kristi

Default Re: Any vegans near London Ontario???

I live in Chatham Kent and would love to get to know some vegans that have children.