Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Christmas food and recipes

Default Re: What are you having for Christmas dinner?

Quote teacup View Post
    As I still want to convince my parents of veganism, I struggled a bit with finding a appropriate christmas dinner. But know I made my decision:

Entree: Carrot cream soup

Main dish: Filled peppers with dumplings, red cabbage and brown mushroom sauce

Dessert: Little biscuit tartlets with whipped cream (I found an awesome recipe for whipped coconut milk...) and berries
    Teacup, all of that sounds delicious, but whipped coconut milk sounds absolutely fabulous. I miss whipped cream and looove coconut milk!

We had a tasty cashew nut roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and green beans w/margarine, dinner roll, and apple pie. Everything except the gravy was made by my awesome and super accommodating grandmother who has gotten used to mine and my husband's eating habits!
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Default Re: What are you having for Christmas dinner?

Quote harpy View Post
    I see you really like pumpkin, happysunshine
    Well, harpy, I didn't actually care much for pumpkin until I started using this book. The reason I bought it was to figure out what to do with pumpkin for the holidays that wasn't so blah .. the blah I'd always known pumpkin to be.

Have I been amazingly surprised with how delish pumpkin can be (not to mention that it packs a super nutrition punch)!

The great thing about this book is that I don't have to click onto skadzoos of different websites to read recipes (which always have tons of other stuff on them like ads that make the pages difficult and time-consuming to load).

Also, the book is a complete idiot's guide to pumpkins all in one go -- how to pick them out at the market, how to carve them, how to prepare them for cooking, measurement details, all that ...

The historical traditions I didn't know about and the trivia bits and bobs are also amusing and fascinating.

Anyway, the "all in one place" part is what appeals to me as well as the lusciously healthy recipes.

My mum, who's a staunch meat eater, was so taken aback (delighted) at my Christmas spread that she got a copy of the book. We've talked twice since and she's seriously considering giving vegan a go -- just because of that meal.

All I can say is "Yea!!"

Default Re: What are/were you having for Christmas dinner?

"Yea!!" indeed. High praise. Well done
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.