Thread: Recipes from my cooking class (beanchili for now)

Robin

Default Recipes from my cooking class (beanchili for now)

Okay, so I thought I'd try and make one thread for all of them and update it as I go along, so here we go! the first recipes and such! I'd also like to warn you that my dictionary isn't always helpfull with translating everything, but I'll try my best to explain what I mean!

Beanchili (for about 3 people)

Ingredients:

· ½ yellow onion
    · 100 g. Zucchini
    · One piece of leek
    100 g. eggplant
    · 1 dl of three different sorts of beans (we used kidneybeans, chickpeas and soyabeans)
    · 2 tablespoons of tomatopurée
    · 500 g. crushed tomatoes (err, they often come in cans, and are, er, crushed.
    · 1-3 dl of water
    · ½ barbequed chili
    · 1-2 cloves of garlic
    · Spices acording to taste (Suggestion: cummin, curry, chili, paprika)
    · 1 tablespoon of sugar.

Cook the beans until done (if preserved about 10 min). Chop the onion and the leek. Hollow out the zucchini and cut it and the eggplant into 1 cm. cubes. Divide the chili in half and remove the seeds. Barbeque in a pan. OBS! No cooking fat. Chop it into fine pieces. Pur the onion, the leek, the zucchini, and the eggplant into a pot with some liveoil and let it brown for a about 2 min. Pur down the crushed tomatoes, the tomatopurée, the chili and the beans and let it stew for about 10 min. Season after taste.

You canserve this with pretty much any sort of rice, and it also goes will with pasta of different kinds, I've yet to try it with potatoes or anything else, keeps you full for a good long while

I'll update this as I go along, enjoy!

And, a converter for you american folks

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Default Re: Recipes from my cooking class (beanchili for now)

Mmmmm this sounds lovely Robin!

However, what is a dl? Your recipe calls for 1 dl of three different sorts of beans and 1-3 dl of water.

Thanks for posting!

Robin

Default Re: Recipes from my cooking class (beanchili for now)

Thank you ^^

Dl is short for decilitre if my powers of translation serve me right, should've remembered to mention that.

g. is short for grams, if someone else wandered along and doesn't know about that as well.