Thread: Anyone know any interesting pumpkin recipes?

mango woman

Talking Anyone know any interesting pumpkin recipes?

Recently in the "holiday" spirit my work started selling mini pumpkins.. the size that would be perfect for one person to make one or even two large meals out of.. So i bought one. I love pumpkin seeds so i was already planning on roasting the seeds [by the way, do i just put them on a cookie sheet or do they need a sprinkle of olive oil or anything??] so yeah, if anyone has any yummy pumpkin recipes lemmme know! thanks!

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: Anyone know any interesting pumpkin recipes?

Pick one: Pumpkin Curry (easy) , Pumpkin Chutney (easy) Pumpkin Cheesecake (easy), Pumpkin Bread/Bundt Cake (easy) , Pumpkin Samosas (not so simple and takes a lot of time) or Pumpkin Ravioli (not so simple and takes a lot of time)

ConsciousCuisine

Quote theashleybeyer
    I love pumpkin seeds so i was already planning on roasting the seeds [by the way, do i just put them on a cookie sheet or do they need a sprinkle of olive oil or anything??]

Wash them really well and oil the cookie sheet if you'd like

i like to soak my seeds in water for 20 minutes before putting them in the oven. i like a lot of salt. can't wait to get my pumpkins. i am the worst carver, though

well, if ur baking the pumpkin...add stuffing of your liking, i especially like bread crumbs, mushrooms/eggplant, vegan cheese, maybe some apple, some salsa...maybe even some kind of eat analog if that appeals to u (i like them), season with what seems appropriate for the ingredients u choose, such as italian seasoning of oregano and basil, to spanish with cilantro and cayanne pepper, sprinkle a little bit of oil...then cover them in foil and bake for about an hour at 375 degrees F if these are pretty mini-pumpkins, and then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes or so...I hope this recipe works well for u!
    Peace Love Surf.

mango woman

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    Pick one: Pumpkin Curry (easy) , Pumpkin Chutney (easy) Pumpkin Cheesecake (easy), Pumpkin Bread/Bundt Cake (easy) , Pumpkin Samosas (not so simple and takes a lot of time) or Pumpkin Ravioli (not so simple and takes a lot of time)

hmm.. well im not really sure what chutney is.. but i'm very intrested in the curry or chutney or bread! yummm.. pumpkin bread. i love bread. haha

Quote theashleybeyer
    hmm.. well im not really sure what chutney is.. but i'm very intrested in the curry or chutney or bread! yummm.. pumpkin bread. i love bread. haha
    i love pumpkin bread. must make some this fall. last year we got a ton of zuccini from my neighbors garden and me and my sister went crazy. we must have made 20 loaves of bread and mufffins, it took all weekend . we gave most of them away, but i can feel a baking frenzy coming on after reading these posts. pumpkin bread with walnuts, so good

that sounds WONDERFUL! i love baking, especially during fall! and especially with all the different squashes and things!
    Peace Love Surf.