Thread: I think I smell my pheromones

Default I think I smell my pheromones

Is it possible to smell your own pheromones?

Sometimes I can smell mine I think. It's a sweet buttery smell, kind of like toffee or cookies baking.

I noticed today that people were more responsive and friendly to me in general, and I think it may be because they subconsciously picked up my pheromones which were extremely strong today.

Is this making sense?

Default Re: I think I smell my pheromones

MMMmmm I think I can smell them too

I don't know I don't think you do smell them the way that you smell perfume, I though they were unconsciously detected

You could keep a diary of wether people were friendly in the days you smell or if they stayed away

cross barer

Quote thecatspajamas1

Sometimes I can smell mine I think. It's a sweet buttery smell, kind of like toffee or cookies baking.

I noticed today that people were more responsive and friendly to me in general, and I think it may be because they subconsciously picked up my pheromones which were extremely strong today.

Is this making sense?
    You may have extraordinarily strong sense of smell or you may have temporal lobe epilepsy in which case you may have olfactory halucinations. If you've ever been suspected of having a psychiatric condition this could explain both those things because this type of epilepsy manifests in ways which may be mistaken for psychosis such as visions and audial halucinations.

Sometimes I can smell vomit and nasty things, I have this one pair of trousers which seem to trigger 'homeless guy' aromas no matter how hard I scrubbed my arse beforehand. They are secondhand so I guess it could be the ghost of skidmarks past.

Quote adam antichrist
    You may have extraordinarily strong sense of smell or you may have temporal lobe epilepsy in which case you may have olfactory halucinations. If you've ever been suspected of having a psychiatric condition this could explain both those things because this type of epilepsy manifests in ways which may be mistaken for psychosis such as visions and audial halucinations.

Sometimes I can smell vomit and nasty things, I have this one pair of trousers which seem to trigger 'homeless guy' aromas no matter how hard I scrubbed my arse beforehand. They are secondhand so I guess it could be the ghost of skidmarks past.
    There is a particular smell to peoples skin, especially when warm. perhaps your lobes are OK and you can just smell your skin.

Gliondrach

That sweet smell is just sweat, I think. My skin smells like that after I've been exercising. It also has a slightly sweet taste.

ConsciousCuisine

^^ A claim only a vegan can make, in my experience! (I have woked with many a sweaty body and let me tell you, it's often *not* pretty! ).

ConsciousCuisine

Quote thecatspajamas1

Sometimes the body releases a yeasty, sweet, bread-baking smell that is musty and pleasantly cloying (often due to hormonal shifts and diet). Each of us has a scent unique to us and that often attracts others (our scent mixed with pheromones).

Gliondrach

My underarm sweat would still smell something horrible if I didn't use a deodorant. Although, fresh sweat, even from there, doesn't pong too badly.

cross barer

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    ^^ A claim only a vegan can make, in my experience! (I have woked with many a sweaty body and let me tell you, it's often *not* pretty! ).
    Odour relates to the bacteria extant on your body, not the molecules coming out of it!

When I eat garlic, I sweat out the smell of garlic.

Stu

Oh yeah? Well what about when I do a wee-wee and it smells of Sugar Puffs? And I don't even eat Sugar Puffs.

Quote adam antichrist

That was SOOOOOO funny!! Thanks

Pilaf

Pheromones are scientifically scentless. Unless Veganism triggers some sort of hyper smelling, I doubt it.

ConsciousCuisine

Quote adam antichrist
    Odour relates to the bacteria extant on your body, not the molecules coming out of it!

I know, I know, but I SWEAR there is a difference in the scent of animal eaters vs. vegans! I work with nude bodies (birthing/massages etc.) all day and can vouch for the difference! It really maes sense when you think about it...fecal matter and urine smell differently as well!

Pilaf

Yeah....bodily excretions of all sorts have a "Sweet" smell to them in Vegans.

It's a scent from down below, if that clears things up at all. But those are pheromones right?

ConsciousCuisine

You are probably ovulating

sugarmouse

i can smell mine when i am 'in season' so to speak.i quite like it..anything that reminds me of my femininity! lol
    not that i realy need that.

i lvoe that smell on men..when they just smell masculine..not sweaty..just natural..anyone get me,.lol

Quote ConsciousCuisine
    I know, I know, but I SWEAR there is a difference in the scent of animal eaters vs. vegans! I work with nude bodies (birthing/massages etc.) all day and can vouch for the difference! It really maes sense when you think about it...fecal matter and urine smell differently as well!
    I agree with you. And I think Tigerlily would too - she says vegan farts smell better

Quote sugarmouse
    i lvoe that smell on men..when they just smell masculine..not sweaty..just natural..anyone get me,.lol
    Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about, but I haven't encountered one like that since my teen years.
    utopiankitchen.wordpress.com

Hahaha!!!
    Ooohhh...I'm laughing so hard! Thanks, I've needed a true good laugh.

My hubby tells me he loves my scent, and I don't mean just when we're in bed, tee-hee. But I thought he was a nut. Reckon there's something to it afterall.

Quote sugarmouse

Yep i do. My husband smells lovely

Quote puffin
    Yep i do. My husband smells lovely
    Puffin.... you are too sweet for words!

There have been times when I have been close to women and they have told me that I smelled good. I'm a geek so I say, "really, what do I smell like?" And coincidentally they have said, "like a man." I expected it to be either my soap or my shampoo or my shaving cream.

As far as women go, as long as they are clean and don't smell like artificial chemicals, it's fine with me. A little natural oil-based fragrance around the neck and chest is nice too. But I'm not that picky anyway.

thats what i smell like too sometimes, thecatspajamas. i usually smell like brown sugar or candy of some sort. like caramel or something.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

sugarmouse

essence of woman.................

Quote Stu
    Oh yeah? Well what about when I do a wee-wee and it smells of Sugar Puffs? And I don't even eat Sugar Puffs.
    Stu - me too!

are you lot still sniffing each other

About 6 years ago when I was fed up with being single I bought some synthetic pheromones off the internet in the hopes of attracting men at work. What actually happened was the stuff seemed to make them all aggressive, I didn't get a date out of it
    Silent but deadly :p