Thread: Invitation to Join Queensland Group for Animal Right's Mailing list

Free_Tibet

Default Invitation to Join Queensland Group for Animal Right's Mailing list

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Dear Friends,

We would like to invite you to our AR mailing list

Queensland Group for animal rights is a totally self funded independent Australian animal rights organisation that was established in mid 2005. Queensland Group for Animal Right's posts international and domestic AR & veg articles, news and action alerts approx 3 times/week from many excellent sources.

This is an announcement list only.

To view QGAR archives: Past QGAR Archives

To subscribe : -
    QGAR Mailing list

Alternatively, please subscribe to QGAR's yahoo group : qgar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Please note both QGAR mailing lists have almost identical content so please only join one if you wish to join.

A description of Queensland Group for Animal Rights :

QGAR's main goal is to assist in the abolition of animal use in medical research, product testing, circuses, rodeos and other forms of entertainment. We are opposed the "sport" of hunting, the wearing of animal skin, mainly fur and also wool, leather, down, etc. QGAR supports the eventual phasing-out of animals for food consumption. We also support human rights and decisions based on ethics and compassion. We are seeking an end to discrimination of all kinds through non-violent action.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" we believe applies to our non human animal friends. We can all help end the unethical treatment, exploitation and injustices that many sentient beings endure. We believe that animal cruelty has no borders, nor should animal activism. Every small step to relieving the suffering of non human animals is a step in the right direction. We believe all AR groups should work together despite differing ideologies, as ideology means very little to a non human animal who is suffering NOW. QGAR believes in working from every angle towards total abolition.

Queensland Group for Animal Rights corresponds and seeks advice and resources from Australian and international animal rights groups. Please forward this invitation to friends.

Disclaimer: Articles posted are for informational purposes only. We do not necessarily endorse the content and we are not responsible for the content of external links. QGAR also does not condone violence or harrassment.

To read more - disclaimer http://www.qgar.oceandrop.org/disclaimer.htm

To contact QGAR - please see QGAR site for contact details

Thank you for all you do for our non human animal friends.

Default Re: Invitation to Join Queensland Group for Animal Right's Mailing list

Just looked through your website, and it is very comprehensive indeed. However, I can't seem to find an email address. I noticed that right at the very end of the website, you have the Vegetarian/Vegan Society of Qld, though the link doesnt seem to be working. Is it possible to have a link to Vegan Voice? One other question, is everyone at QGAR a vegan?
    Eve

Free_Tibet

Dear Eve

You wrote:
    I can't seem to find an email address.

Theres two sections which have our email address on the front page, top and bottom :
    Anyway, here it is : ethical_treatment_of_animals@oceandrop.org

You wrote:
    I noticed that right at the very end of the website, you have the Vegetarian/Vegan Society of Qld, though the link doesnt seem to be working.

I clicked on that part of our site and this is the site that came up :
    http://www.vegsoc.org.au/

You wrote: Is it possible to have a link to Vegan Voice? One other question, is everyone at QGAR a vegan?

We already have a link to Vegan Voice on our Links area
    http://www.qgar.oceandrop.org/Veg_Links.htm
    and yes we are vegan.

If you were having trouble finding where to join our list, the link is http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/qgar

Im not sure why there are problems with the links. I will look into that. If you are using Internet Explorer (IE) and pages on our website do not appear correctly we would advise downloading Mozilla or Firefox. Both Mozilla and Firefox are better, safer, securer and more stable than IE and are also WC3 compliant whereas IE is not

peace

Thanks for that info, and I do use Mozilla. Using those links you've just posted, I get through, but guess I'm muddly because I find the website pretty confusing!
    Eve